Richard P. Renehan
Top rated personal injury attorney in Waterbury, ConnecticutTinley, Renehan & Dost, LLP
Richard P. Renehan is a partner at Tinley, Renehan & Dost, LLP. He has been with the firm since 1990, and he represents clients in New Haven County and other parts of the state of Connecticut from his office in Waterbury. Admitted to practice before all Connecticut state courts since 1985, Mr. Renehan is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut and the U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York.
The primary focus of Mr. Renehan’s practice is personal injury and wrongful death litigation. Throughout his distinguished career, he has assisted clients who have been harmed due to the negligence of other parties, and his caseload has included motor vehicle crashes, nursing home negligence, premises liability and medical malpractice. Along the way, his clients have received millions of dollars in compensation as a result of Mr. Renehan’s skills in presenting cases before juries, his tenacity in negotiating favorable settlement agreements, and his successes in mediation sessions and before arbitration panels.
Mr. Renehan has also helped people who have been injured on the job and who are now seeking their rightful benefits under their employer’s workers’ compensation insurance coverage. He assists them with the preparation and filing of the required claim documentation and appears on their behalf at hearings in the event that the claim is disputed or denied. Mr. Renehan’s successful track record in all of his professional endeavors has earned him a great deal of favorable recognition from his fellow attorneys, including an AV Preeminent* peer-review rating through Martindale-Hubbell and a “Superb” rating through Avvo. He has also been selected for inclusion in the Best Lawyers in America.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff
Animal bites, Assault, Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Slip and fall, Wrongful death, Dram shop laws, Construction accident, Brain injury, Sexual abuse - plaintiff, Trucking accidents, Premises liability - plaintiff
- 100% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1985, Connecticut
Professional Webpage: https://tranddlaw.com/richard-p-renehan/
- College of the Holy Cross, B.A., magna cum laude, Honors: Phi Beta Kappa, 1982
- Preparation and Trial of Automobile Accident, PSI, 1991
- Voir Dire in Connecticut, CLTA Forum, April, 1986
- Arbitrator: Dispute Resolution, Inc.
- National Arbitration and Mediation, Inc.
- Negotiation and Settlement Techniques, Aetna Casualty & Surety, 1990
- Connecticut, 1985
- National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals, Member
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Connecticut Bar Association, Member
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1989
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1989
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut, 1985
- , Connecticut and New England Super Lawyer, 2007
- , Voted one of the top arbitrators in Connecticut in 2016 by Connecticut Law Tribune
- , Best Lawyers in America (Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs), 2018-2021
- AV Rating for competence and ethics, Martindale-Hubbell, 2010
Office location for Richard P. Renehan
255 Bank St
Waterbury, CT 06702
- Super Lawyers: 2007 - 2022