Greg C. Mogel
Top rated Family Law attorney in West Hartford, ConnecticutLaw Offices of Greg C. Mogel, LLC
Practice Areas: Family Law; view more
Licensed in Connecticut since: 1990
Education: University of Connecticut School of Law
Law Offices of Greg C. Mogel, LLC41 North Main Street, Suite 204
West Hartford, CT 06107 Visit website
A family law attorney and founder of the Law Offices of Greg C. Mogel, LLC, Greg C. Mogel represents clients throughout most of Connecticut. His practice covers all aspects of family matters including divorce, alimony, property division, high net worth clients, child custody, child visitation and child support. With over 25 years of experience as an attorney in Connecticut, he serves as a Special Master in the Middletown and Hartford courts. Greg practice includes mediation and collaboration.
Mr. Mogel is admitted to practice in both Connecticut and Nevada. He graduated cum laude from the University of Southern California with a Bachelor of Science degree in business administration with an emphasis in finance in 1986. As student body president at the University of Connecticut School of Law, he earned his Juris Doctorate degree in 1989 and was admitted to practice in Connecituct soon thereafter.
As well as being a member of the American Bar Association, Connecticut Bar Association and Hartford County Bar Association, Mr. Mogel takes part in a variety of organizations. With his extensive knowledge and experience in family law, he has lectured at the American Bar Association’s Family Law Section, the National Association of Social Workers Connecticut chapter, and for family related courses at the University of Connecticut.
For his commitment and dedication to pro bono services, Mr. Mogel has been recognized by the Connecticut Pro Bono Network. A Hartford Advocate reader's poll recognized him as a top lawyer in Hartford County and he has been recognized as a top lawyer for client satisfaction by the American Institute of Family Law (said recognitions are not meant to imply in any way that Attorney Mogel is superior to other lawyers; for a description of the selection process for the American Institute of Family Law go to www.aiofla.org).
Practice areasFamily Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Prenuptial Agreements, Same Sex Family Law
- 100% Family Law
First Admitted: 1990, Connecticut
Professional Webpage: https://www.mogellaw.com/Attorney/Greg-Mogel.shtml
- Mr. Mogel has been recognized by the Connecticut Pro Bono Network for his dedication and commitment in providing pro bono services. Mr. Mogel was recognized as a top lawyer in Hartford County in a Hartford Advocates Reader's Poll (said recognition is not meant to imply that Attorney Mogel is superior to other lawyers).
- Member of the Hartford County Bar Association, Connecticut Bar Association and the American Bar Association. Served on the Financial Affidavit committee for the Family Law Section of the Connecticut Bar Association. Served on the Advisory Council for the American Bar Association. Mr. Mogel is also admitted to the Nevada Bar.
- Mr. Mogel's undergraduate degree, cum laude, is from the University of Southern California. Honors: Dean's List, Major: Business Administration - Finance
- Greg Mogel serves as a Special Master in the Hartford and Middletown Courts. Mr. Mogel has been recognized by the Connecticut Pro Bono Network for his dedication and commitment in providing pro bono services during many of the years he has been in practice.
- Greg Mogel was selected to speak at the ABA National Convention, Family Law Section, in August of 2008, as part of a national panel of experts on the topic "Hot tips from the Experts".Greg is a frequent lecturer at the University of Connecticut, has lectured at the Connecticut Bar Association on family law, and has led a seminar on family law to the Connecticut chapter of the National Association of Social Workers.
- Lecturer, University of Connecticut
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW, CT chapter)
- Lecturer, Annual Meeting for the Family Law Section of the American Bar Association
- Mr. Mogel has handled hundreds of family cases ranging from parties with little assets to those having significant assets. His trial/hearing experience covers all aspects of family law, including custody, access, child support, alimony and property division. Mr. Mogel has recently (2020) argued a case in the Appellate Court, Longbottom v. Longbottom and has represented a client on appeal in the matter of McKinley v. McKinley (2019).
Office location for Greg C. Mogel
41 North Main Street, Suite 204
West Hartford, CT 06107
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2023