Robert J. Kor
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in West Hartford, ConnecticutLaw Office of Robert J. Kor
Practice Areas: Personal Injury, Employment Litigation, Civil Litigation
Licensed in Connecticut since: 1977
Education: Western New England University School of Law
A personal injury and employment attorney representing the people of Hartford County, Connecticut, Robert J. Kor is focused on protecting the rights of the injured, and obtaining fair and just compensation for them. As the founder of the Law Office of Robert J. Kor, he has over 40 years of experience.
Mr. Kor handles all types of personal injury cases, including wrongful death, motor vehicle accidents, slip and falls, and dog bites.
Mr. Kor represents persons in all matters of employment law, including all forms of discrimination, wrongful discharge, sexual harassment, Family Medical Leave Act, Workers' Compensation, Unemployment Compensation, Wage & Hour, and the protection of Whistleblowers. He also provides employees with pre-termination counseling. Mr. Kor is available for counsel and representation in assisting entrepreneurs with the formation of small businesses.
Mr. Kor graduated from the University of Connecticut with a Bachelor of Arts and then obtained a Juris Doctor from Western New England University School of Law. Currently, he is a member of the Connecticut Employment Lawyers Association and the Connecticut Bar Association. Mr. Kor is admitted to practice in Connecticut state courts, as well as before the United States Supreme Court, the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, and the United States District Court for the District of Connecticut.
For the Hartford Judicial District, Mr. Kor has served as an arbitrator, fact finder and attorney trial referee for over 30 years. A previous Small Claims Court Commissioner, he also served on the Statewide Grievance Committee for seven years.
Mr. Kor is active in his community. He is a Past President of the West Hartford Rotary Club, a current member of the Board of WH Rotary, and has been awarded Rotary's Paul Harris Fellow for his "Service above Self". Mr. Kor has been elected to the House of Delegates for the Connecticut Bar Association and its Board of Governors. As a member of Connecticut’s Anti-Defamation League, he sat on the Civil Rights Committee and served on the Hate Crimes Subcommittee in the past. As the child of Holocaust survivors, Mr. Kor is an active participant in Connecticut's Voices of Hope.
First Admitted: 1977, Connecticut
Professional Webpage: https://www.kor-law.com/
- REPORTED DECISIONS: Walenski v. CT State Employees Retirement Commission, Et Al, 185 Conn.App. 457, cert. denied, 330 Conn. 951 (Conn. 2018) (representing the defendant Arlene Walenski); Garvey v. Valencis, 177 Conn.App. 578 (Conn.App. 2017) (representing the GAL); Noel v. Ribbits, 132 Conn.App. 531 (Conn.App. 2011), co-authored a brief for the Connecticut Employment Lawyers Association as amicus curiae;CHRO v. Brookstone Court, LLC, 107 Conn. App. 340, cert. denied, 288 Conn. 907 (2008); Fish v. Fish, 90 Conn. App. 744; cert granted, 275 Conn. 924 (2005); reversed and remanded, 285 Conn. 24 (2008); Brownstein v. Fioretti, 06-CBAR-0349 (Super. Ct. 2006) (representing the plaintiff); Carrubba v. Moskowitz, 81 Conn. App. 382; cert. granted, 268 Conn. 916 (2004); affirmed, 274 Conn. 533 (2005); Fioretti v. Brownstein, 05-CBAR-0364 (Super. Ct. 2005) (representing the defendant); Burke v. Fusco Management, 05-CBAR-1309 (Super. Ct. 2005) (representing the plaintiff); Brent v. Lebowitz, 67 Conn. App. 527 (2002); Cooksley v. New Britain, 29 Conn. L. Rptr. 631(Super. Ct. 2001) (representing the plaintiff); West Hartford v. CHRO, 27 Conn. L. Rptr. 592 (Super. Ct. 2000) (representing defendants Amos and O’Brien); Harved Realty v. Leekoff, 24 Conn. L. Rptr. 29 (Super. Ct. 1998) (representing the defendant); Smith v. CHRO, 95-CBAR-1178 (Super. Ct.1995) (representing the plaintiff); Madigan v. Madigan, 224 Conn. 749 (1993) DiFilippo v. Morizio, 759 F.2d 231 (2d Cir.1985); Hartford v. Mejias, 2 Conn. App. 321 (1984); Housing Authority of Hartford v. McKenzie, 36 Conn. Sup. 515 (App. Ct.), cert denied, 179 Conn. 751 (1979); Kapa Assoc. v. Flores, 35 Conn. Sup. 274 (Super. Ct. 1979)
- Pedestrian-motor vehicle accident. Settled injured pedestrian claim for $500,000.00, 2022
- ADL's Civil Rights Committee
- ADL’s Hate Crimes subcommittee
- Member, Anti-Defamation League of Connecticut
- Connecticut Bar Association, 1977 - Present
- Hartford County Bar Association, 1977 - 2017
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1998
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 1980
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut, 1977
- Connecticut, 1977
- Connecticut Bar Association: House of Delegates, 1986 – 2005, 2008-2010; Board of Governors, 1992 – 1998; Human Rights and Responsibilities Section, Executive Committee, 1983 – 2003, Co-Chairman, 1993 and 1994; Ethics Committee, 1990 – Present. Hartford County Bar Association: Board of Directors, 1988 – 1996; Pro Bono Committee, Chairman, 1989; Co-chair, 1990 – 1996; Law Day Committee, 1989 – 1997; Chairman, 1996; Small Firm Issues Committee, Vice-Chair, 1997 – 1998 Connecticut Employment Lawyers Association, 1995-Present Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, 2005-2014
- West Hartford Fair Rent Commission
- Board of Directors of West Hartford Rotary
- Rotary Club (West Hartford Ch) 2009 to date; President - 2016/2017, Board of Directors 2011 to 2018
- West Hartford’s Advisory Council for Housing Matters
- VISTA Volunteer, Neighborhood Legal Services (NLS) in Hartford, CT
- University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT; B.A. with Honors, 1973
- Awarded for contributions and personal commitment to Rotary., Paul Harris Fellow, West Hartford Rotary, 2017
- Represented the Seller in a commercial business sale and structured the $1+million transaction. , 2021
- Home Health Care
- Super Lawyers: 2011 - 2016, 2019 - 2023