Sandi B. Girolamo
Top rated family law attorney in West Hartford, ConnecticutFlaherty Legal Group, LLC
An attorney with Flaherty Legal Group, LLC, Sandi B. Girolamo provides legal services to people living in Hartford and West Hartford, Connecticut, as well as the surrounding areas. She focuses her practice on family law and appellate work, handling cases involving allocation of assets, child visitation, spousal support, child custody, divorce, marital property division, child support, prenuptial/post-nuptial agreements, paternity actions and grandparents' rights.
After graduating from the University of Connecticut with a Bachelor of Arts in political science and English in 1993, Ms. Girolamo decided to pursue a career in law. She went to Quinnipiac University School of Law. During her time there, she was the recipient of the American Jurisprudence Award in Workers' Compensation and worked full time as a paralegal. She graduated summa cum laude in 2001 with her Juris Doctor, ranking in the top 10 of her graduating class and No. 2 in the evening class.
In addition to representing clients in family court, Ms. Girolamo embraces the use of mediation as a way to amicably reach a settlement. She is a special master for several courts, overseeing family law matters and providing recommendations to the presiding judge. In 2010, she was named, along with four other attorneys, in the Rising Stars list in Connecticut Family Law by the Connecticut Bar Association's Family Law Section. One judge even praised her for her conduct after a family law trial ended, stating that all family law attorneys should act as she did. Ms. Girolamo is admitted to the United States District Court for the District of Connecticut and is a member of the Connecticut Bar Association.
When she is not working with clients or the courts, Ms. Girolamo stays involved with her children's schools and teaches gymnastics.
Practice areasFamily law, Appellate
Alimony & spousal support, Child support, Custody & visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Paternity, Prenuptial agreements, Marital property, Mediation & collaborative law, Same sex family law, Appeals
- 90% Family law
- 10% Appellate
First Admitted: 2001, Connecticut
Professional Webpage: https://www.flgfamilylaw.com/attorney-profiles/sandi-b-girol...
- 2010 - Named as 1 of 5 Rising Stars by the Officers of the CBA Family Law Section. The goal of the Rising Stars program is to invigorate the Family Law Section’s efforts and to promote individuals who are seeking to raise the level of family practice and give back to the field, its practitioners and the community. In determining a Rising Star, the officers looked for a group of talented up and coming family lawyers who have demonstrated commitment towards and an interest in the advancement of the family law field and who would also agree to take on the added responsibility in helping the Section fulfill its missions and projects. The Family Law Section Officers also looked at individuals who had shown a commitment to the CBA through either their work in the section, the young lawyers division or other worthwhile endeavors.
- Summa Cum Laude, Quinnipiac University School of Law, JD, 2001
- Contributing Author - “A Practical Guide to Divorce in Connecticut" - Published by MCLE New England, 2014. “A Practical Guide to Divorce in Connecticut" takes the reader through the divorce process from the client intake through post trial motions and appeals. Written by many of the top Family Law attorneys in Connecticut, this book will become a valuable resource for family lawyers at all experience levels. Flaherty Legal Group, LLC is proud to announce that Attorneys Sandi B. Girolamo and Pamela M. Magnano were contributing authors to this publication.
- Logan v. Logan, Appellate Court of Connecticut, 96 Conn. App. 842, 2006
- Deegan v. Simmons, Supreme Court of Connecticut, 282 Conn. 922, 2007
- Fox v. Zoning Board of Appeals of Town of Barkhamsted, Appellate Court of Connecticut, 84 Conn. App. 628, 2004
- Kessler v. Restoration Associates, Inc., Supreme Court of Connecticut, 275 Conn. 916, 2005
- OFA v. Doody, Appellate Court of Connecticut, 124 Conn. App. 1, 2010
- Marlin Broadcasting, LLC v. Law Office of Kent Avery, LLC, Appellate Court of Connecticut, 101 Conn. App. 63, (2007
- Szajnberg v. Szajnberg, Supreme Court of Connecticut, 266 Conn. 904, 2003
- Mangiante v. Niemiec, Appellate Court of Connecticut, 98 Conn. App. 567, 2006
- First Union National Bank v. Eppoliti Realty Co., Inc., 99 Conn. App. 603, 2007
- Mangiante v. Niemiec, Appellate Court of Connecticut, 82 Conn. App. 277, 2004
- Connecticut, 2002
- Hartford County Bar Association, Member
- Co-Chair, Connecticut Bar Association, Family Law Committee, 2004-2007
- Connecticut Bar Association , Young Lawyer's Executive Committee, 2004-2007
- U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut
- Member, Connecticut Bar Association, Executive Committee, Family Law Section, 2010 - Present
- University of Connecticut, B.A., Political Science, English, 1993
- Member Children's Law Center Development Committee and volunteer mediator for Family In Transitions program. 2007-2010 Member of the Children's Law Center Gala Planning Committee, 2007
Office location for Sandi B. Girolamo
41 North Main Street
West Hartford, CT 06107
- Super Lawyers: 2011 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2010