Kevin M. Black
Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in Wilton, CT
Kevin M. Black has been a partner at Bayer & Black, P.C., since 2004. He serves Stamford, Norwalk, Danbury, Fairfield, Bridgeport, Westport, Darien, New Canaan, Ridgefield, Wilton and the surrounding areas. Mr. Black has practiced as a prosecutor and a defense attorney. Working both sides of the aisle gives him a unique perspective into the strategies that work and those that fail. He has handled cases ranging from traffic offenses and misdemeanors to felonies and violent crimes. Mr. Black also provides Divorce services including mediation and contested cases.
Mr. Black began his legal journey in the 1990s, when he left insurance to pursue a law degree. He graduated magna cum laude from Quinnipiac University. Shortly after graduation, he served as a prosecutor for five years and received recognition for his work. This included the Judge Phillip E. Mancini, Jr., Award for serving victims of violence and the MADD Distinguished Service Award for serving victims of drunk driving.
After leaving the Danbury State's Attorney's office in 1999, Mr. Black took his legal experience to corporate. He served as General Counsel to a NASDAQ listed corporation and travelled around the world to negotiate contracts on their behalf. Some of these contracts involved dealings with the U.S. government. Despite his success in corporate, Mr. Black missed the courtroom process of law and made plans to leave corporate life behind. It was then that he met Doug Bayer and formed a partnership. The two men have worked closely together since.
Mr. Black is admitted to the U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut and in the State of Connecticut. He is also a proud member of several professional affiliations, including the National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys, the Connecticut Trial lawyers Association and the Connecticut Criminal Defense Lawyers Association.
- 30%Criminal Defense
- 30%Family Law
- 20%Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI
- 20%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Criminal Law, Alimony & Spousal Support, Divorce, DUI/DWI, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall
- Super Lawyers: 2016 - 2022
About Kevin M. Black
First Admitted: 1993
Professional Webpage: https://www.bayerandblack.com/bio/kevin-m-black.cfm
- American Jurisprudence and Superior Classroom Performance Awards, Quinnipiac University
- Judge Phillip E. Mancini, Jr., Award
- MADD Distinguished Service Award
- The Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association
- Young Insurance Professionals of New York, Vice Chairman
- The Connecticut Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- US District Court for the District of Connecticut
- The Connecticut Bar Association
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association
- Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Fairfield County Bar Association
Last Updated: 5/15/2022