Gary S. Nitsche
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Wilmington, DE
As managing partner of the Weik, Nitsche & Dougherty law firm in Wilmington, Delaware, attorney Gary S. Nitsche devotes his practice to advocating on behalf of the rights and entitlements of those suffering from the negligent, careless or unlawful acts of others.
Regarded as one of the top trial attorneys in the country, Mr. Nitsche has over 30 years of litigation experience, including representing his plaintiff clients in over 50 jury trials. Through his efforts, he has secured millions of dollars in settlements and awards on behalf of those adversely affected by motor vehicle accidents, nursing home abuse, dangerous property conditions, defective products and other preventable tragedies. He also dedicates a portion of his practice to handling workers' compensation claims on behalf of injured and disabled employees.
Recognized as a leader in his field, Mr. Nitsche is co-author of Delaware's Pre-Judgment Interest Law, a reference guide that details important changes to the law affecting injured parties, and he has lectured extensively throughout the country on a variety of topics related to personal injury law, workers' compensation and uninsured motorist coverage.
A member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Mr. Nitsche also holds a Superb rating from Avvo and received the organization's Clients' Choice Award in 2017. Among his numerous other honors and accolades, he also received the Best Lawyer Readers' Choice Award from the DE News Journal in 2004.
A 1982 graduate of the University of Delaware, Mr. Nitsche obtained his Juris Doctor from the Thomas M. Cooley Law School in 1987. The following year, he received his license to practice from the Delaware State Bar Association, and he is also licensed to practice in New Jersey and Pennsylvania, as well as before the U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit and the U.S. Supreme Court.
He is active with the Delaware Trial Lawyers Association, serving as president from 1999 to 2000, and he is also a member of the American Association for Justice.
- 60%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 20%Workers' Compensation: Claimant
- 10%Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
- 10%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Construction Accident, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Medical Malpractice
- Super Lawyers: 2007, 2011 - 2022
About Gary S. Nitsche
First Admitted: 1987, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: https://www.weiknitsche.com/gary-s-nitsche-p-a.html
- University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware, B.A., Major: Political Science, Major: Criminal Justice, 1982
- New Jersey, 1987
- Million Dollar Advocate, Member
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1988
- Pennsylvania, 1997
- Million Dollar Advocate, Board of Governors
- Delaware Trial Lawyers Association, President, 1999-2000
- U.S. District Court District of Delaware, 1988
- Delaware, 1988
- American Association for Justice (AAJ)
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 1998
- Murrey v. Nationwide Mut. Ins. Co., D. Del. 674 F. Supp. 154 (1987)
- Lomax v. Nationwide Mut. Ins. Co., 964 F. 2d 1343 (3rd Cir. 1992)
- Redding v. Ortega, 840 A.2d 1224 Del. (2003)
- Was Delaware lead counsel for the Walmart Wage and Hour Employment Practices Litigation, MDL 1735 Class Action
- Lomax v. Nationwide Mut. Ins. Co., D. Del., 776 F. Supp. 870 (1991)
- Hurst v. Nationwide Mutual Ins. Co., Del. Supp. 652 A.2d 10 (1995)
- Simendinger v. Bednash, 74A.3d609 (Del2013)
- Frank v. Horizon Assurance Co., Del. Supr., 553 A. 2d 1199 (1989)
- Page v. Hercules, Inc., 637 A. 2d 29 (1994)
- Deptula v. Horace Mann, 842 A.2d 1235 Del. (2004)
- Best Lawyers in America for Personal Injury, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018
- Weidman - Wysock
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Superb rating by AVVO 10.0
- Chosen by as a Super Lawyer by Philadelphia Magazine for Personal Injury work years 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Won numerous precedent setting cases in Delaware; numerous multi-million dollar verdicts in settlements
- Best Lawyer Readers Choice by DE News Journal 2004
- Co-Authored, Delaware's Pre-judgment Interest Law
Last Updated: 5/15/2022