Michele D. Allen
Top rated employment & labor attorney in Wilmington, DelawareAllen & Associates
Practice Areas: Employment & labor, Civil rights; view more
Licensed in Delaware since: 2003
Education: Widener University – Delaware Law School
Allen & Associates4250 Lancaster Pike
Wilmington, DE 19805 Visit website
The managing attorney at Allen & Associates in Wilmington, Delaware, Michele D. Allen is an employment law attorney serving clients throughout the state of Delaware. She represents clients with matters involving wrongful termination, sexual harassment, contract negotiations, civil rights violations, ERISA claims and discrimination, to name a few.
In addition to litigating cases, Ms. Allen handles preventative counseling and on-site training for employees and employers. She fights for the rights of her clients with an unwavering commitment to their needs and best interests. She provides efficient legal services to her clients both inside and outside the courtroom, through mediation and arbitration as well.
With a bachelor’s degree in political science, Ms. Allen graduated from Trinity Washington University. She studied law at the Widener University Delaware Law School and obtained her Juris Doctor in 1999. While in law school, she was a member of the Juvenile Justice Program and the Intensive Trial Advocacy Program, and was an executive board member of the Moe Levine Trial Advocacy Honor Society.
After law school, Ms. Allen served as an assistant defender at the Defender Association of Philadelphia. Later, she worked as a legislative counsel for the city of Wilmington and then as an assistant county attorney at the New Castle County (DE) Government.
Active in the community of law, Ms. Allen is a member of the Delaware State Bar Association’s Labor & Employment Section and the Women and the Law Section, and the Trial Lawyers Association: Delaware State Chamber of Commerce. She is also a council member of the Delaware State Bar Association’s Litigation Section.
Ms. Allen is licensed to practice law in Delaware and Pennsylvania and before the United States Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit, the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania and the United States District Court for the District of Delaware.
Recognized for her notable work in the employment law field, Ms. Allen was named a Top Lawyer in the areas of labor and employment law by the Delaware Today magazine and has a perfect score of 10/10 on Avvo.
Practice areasEmployment & labor: employee, Employment & labor: employer, Civil rights
Employment law - employee, Unions, Wage & hour laws, Whistleblower, Sexual harassment, Labor law, Discrimination
- 70% Employment & labor: employee
- 20% Employment & labor: employer
- 10% Civil rights
First Admitted: 2000, Pennsylvania
Professional Webpage: https://allenlaborlaw.com/people/michele-d-allen/
- Mrs. Allen was nominated, voted upon and selected by her peers as Top Lawyer (Delaware Today Magazine) in the area of Employment Law., Delaware's Top Lawyers , Delaware Today Magazine, 2016 - 2021, Delaware's Top Lawyers, Delaware Today Magazine
- The editors of Delaware Today survey the state's attorneys and Mrs. Allen was selected as one of Delaware Today's 2014 Top Lawyers in the area of Employment Law., Top Lawyers, Delaware Today, 2014
- Updates to Employment Law: “Covenants Not to Compete”, Covenants Not to Compete
- The Intersection Among the Americans With Disabilities Act as Amended, the Pregnancy Discrimination Act, and their Delaware State Corollaries
- Presentation to Delaware Medical Group Management Association (DMGMA) “Hiring, Firing and Discrimination”, Hiring, Firing and Discrimination
- Updates to Employment Law “Workplace Fraud and Misclassification of Employees”, Workplace Fraud and Misclassification of Employees
- Delaware State Bar Association, Litigation Section, Council Member
- United States District Court, District of Delaware
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- American Bar Association
- Delaware Trial Lawyers Association
- Trial Lawyers Association, Delaware State Chamber of Commerce
- Delaware State Bar Association, Women and the Law Section
- Delaware State Bar Association, Labor & Employment Section
- Delaware State Bar Association
- Trinity College. B.A.
- Appointed by Speaker of the House, Pete Schwartzkopf, to the Delaware Workplace Bullying Taskforce, 2014
- iCivics Program for Law Day, Volunteer Captain
- Delaware Futures, Mock Trial Coach
- Widener University School of Law Moe Levine Competition, Mock Trial Judge
- Former Governor’s Appointment to the Delaware Commission for Women
- St. Francis Hospital, Ambassador Council Member
- Delaware State Chamber of Commerce - Women and Business Section
Office location for Michele D. Allen
4250 Lancaster Pike
Wilmington, DE 19805
- Super Lawyers: 2018 - 2023