Yvonne Takvorian Saville
Top rated alternative dispute resolution attorney in Wilmington, DelawareWeiss, Saville & Houser P.A.
Practice Areas: Alternative dispute resolution, Personal injury, Workers' compensation
Licensed in Delaware since: 1995
Education: Widener University – Delaware Law School
Ms. Saville is a director with the law firm Weiss & Saville, P.A., where her practice is focused on plaintiff’s civil litigation in the areas of personal injury and workers’ compensation. She has been appointed as a Special Master for complex civil cases in The United States District Court for the District of Delaware. Ms. Saville is a frequent ADR practitioner as both a certified mediator and arbitrator, having handled over 14,000 cases. In recognition of her practice as a mediator, she has previously been inducted as a Fellow in the American College of Civil Trial Mediators and as a Member of the National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals. She was appointed by Governor Carney to the Judicial Nominating Committee in 2017.
Ms. Saville is a Past President of the Delaware State Bar Association and served on its Executive Committee for 9 years. She is a member and previous Chair of DSBA's Workers’ Compensation Section, as well as a member of the Women and the Law, Litigation, ADR and Small Firms and Solo Practitioners Sections. She has served for years on the CLE planning committees for both the Women and Law and Workers' Compensation Sections annual retreats. Ms. Saville was a Communications Co Chair on the Delaware Combined Campaign for Justice Board for over a dozen years. She is a prior Co Chair of the Delaware Supreme Court's Access to Justice Commission, having served in that role for 3 years.
Ms. Saville has served on the Board of Governors for the Delaware Trial Lawyers Association for 25 years and is a two time past President of DTLA, the second female to serve in that capacity. She has earned an AV Peer Review Martindale Hubbell rating (highest rating in legal ability and ethical standards) in the areas of alternative dispute resolution, personal injury and workers' compensation.
Ms. Saville has been recognized as an outstanding lawyer in the field of ADR and workers' compensation in Delaware Today magazine, as one of the Best Lawyers in America for Mediation, and as Delaware Super Lawyer in the area of ADR, listed in Philadelphia Magazine. She is a past recipient of the Delaware Superior Court Amicus Curiae or "Friend of the Court" Award, the Delaware State Bar Association Women's Leadership Award, the DSBA Alternative Dispute Section Kimmel Thygne Award, the DSBA Women and Law Section Honorable Aida Wasserstein Award, the Delaware Law School Alumna of the Year Award, the Delaware Trial Lawyers Association Eagle of Justice Award, and the Delaware Law School Outstanding Service Award. She is an Adjunct Professor at the Delaware Law School.
Ms. Saville is a Master in The Randy J. Holland Workers' Compensation Inn of Court and is member of the American Bar Association and American Association for Justice (formerly ATLA). She is a graduate of the University of Delaware and Delaware Law School (previous Widener University School of Law).
First Admitted: 1995, Delaware
Professional Webpage: http://www.weissandsaville.com/attorneys/yvonne-takvorian-sa...
- AV Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating in the areas of Personal Injury, Alternative Dispute Resolution and Workers’ Compensation (since 2012); Named by Delaware Today Magazine as Delaware’s Top Alternative Dispute Resolution Lawyers (2013-2020) and Delaware's Top Workers' Compensation Lawyers (2010); Named as one of the Best Lawyers in America in Mediation (2015-2021); Amicus Curae/Friend of the Court Award, Delaware Superior Court; Recipient: The Kimmel Thygne Award, Alternative Dispute Resolution Section of the Delaware State Bar Association; Recipient: The Honorable Aida Wasserstein Award, Women and Law Section of the Delaware State Bar Association; Recipient: Women's Leadership Award, Delaware State Bar Association; Recipient: Alumna of the Year Award, Delaware Law School; Recipient: Eagle of Justice Award, Delaware Trial Lawyers' Association; Recipient: Best Lawyers "Lawyer of the Year" Mediation/Wilmington; Recipient: Outstanding Service Award, Delaware Law School 2006; Recipient: Five-Year Volunteer Service Award, Office of the Child Advocate; Recipient: Key Contact of the Year Award, Delaware Trial Lawyers' Association; Second Place Winner, Fiction Writing Contest, Delaware State Bar Association; First Place Winner, Fiction Writing Contest Delaware State Bar Association; Winner, 16th Annual Judge G. Fred Dibona Moot Court Competition, Widener University School of Law; Recipient, Woman of Promise Award, University of Delaware , See below
- Ms. Saville is a Past President of the Delaware Bar. She is also a member and previous Chair of DSBA's Workers’ Compensation Section, served on the Editorial Board for the DSBA monthly journal, In Re:, a member of the Women and the Law Section, Litigation Section, ADR Section, Small Firms and Solo Practitioners Section and has served on the Nominating Committee for DSBA. She is a two time Past President of the Delaware Trial Lawyers Association (2006) and has served on DTLA's Board of Governors since 1999. Ms. Saville is a past Co Chair of the Delaware Supreme Court's Access to Justice Commission. She was appointed by Governor Carney to the Delaware Judicial Nominating Committee in 2017.
- Special Master for Delaware District Court; Delaware Superior Court Certified Mediator and Arbitrator; Fellow in the American College of Civil Trial Mediators; Member of the National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals; Adjunct Professor Widener University School of Law
- Has served on the Combined Campaign for Justice since 2004 and has been a Communications Co-Chair since 2007 to the present; Office of Child Advocate representing children as their guardian ad litem
- Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2023