Lance O. Leider
Top Rated Health Care Attorney in Altamonte Springs, FL
As a health care attorney Lance O. Leider represents health care providers finding themselves the targets of investigations in state and federal cases. These cases include fraud accusations, licensing and disciplinary issues, administrative hearings and appeals, regulatory matters and litigation.
Lance O. Leider is a native of the Central Florida community. He is a graduate of Lake Mary High School and The University of Florida where he received bachelor's degrees in Political Science and Philosophy. Mr. Leider has practiced health care law on an exclusive basis since graduating from the Barry University Dwayne O. Andreas School of Law in 2011. He was the valedictorian of his class and served on the Editorial Board of the Barry Law Review as Lead Articles Editor. During law school he also served as a judicial intern to Judge Belvin Perry during the Casey Anthony trial. As a result of this exceptional performance on the Florida Bar Exam Mr. Leider was invited by the Fifth District Court of Appeal to address the new inductees being sworn in. Mr. Leider earned his Master of Laws (LL.M.) in Health Law from Loyola University Chicago School of Law's Beazley Institute for Health Law and Policy, in 2016.
Some highlights of his time at The Health Law Firm include assisting a North Carolina Medicaid provider in reducing a $1.4 million Medicaid overpayment demand by more than 98%, successfully appealing a Board of Pharmacy decision revoking a pharmacist's license, and defending an Indian Health Service physician from revocation of his DEA registration. In 2018, Mr. Leider and The Health Law Firm filed a class action lawsuit in the Middle District of Florida on behalf of three dermatologists for antirtust violations and restraint of trade. The lawsuit garnered media attention because it was brought against a medical subspecialty board in Mohs surgery, an effective treatment for skin cancer.
When he is not working for his clients, Mr. Leider is active in the community. He presents lectures to Orlando-area medical students and residents on a variety of topics. He is a regular presenter at Seminole County Medical Society meetings. He enjoys hitting the links representing The Health Law Firm in local golf tournaments for charitable causes, demonstrating that his prior career as a golf pro can be of benefit in the practice of law. He is also an author on The Health Law Firm blogs and on West Law.
Mr. Leider still lives in the Central Florida area with his wife, a registered nurse, and his four children.
About Lance O. Leider
First Admitted: 2012, Florida
Professional Webpage: http://www.thehealthlawfirm.com/about-our-firm/attorneys/lan...
- Orlando, Fla. - September 10, 2014 - Attorneys with The Health Law Firm presented a lecture to members of the Medical Office Resources of Florida (MOROF) group and other attending health care providers. The lecture took place on August 28, 2014, at the Howard Johnson Plaza in Altamonte Springs, Florida. The topic focused on practice compliance issues.Attorneys Christopher E. Brown and Lance O. Leider spoke on compliance, exemptions and pitfalls associated with the Health Care Clinic Act, Stark Act, Anti-Kickback Statute and the Florida Self-Referral Act. They also spoke on a new law enacted called the Florida Information and Protection Act of 2014, pertaining to the protection of personal health information. To reference the lecture, click here., Speaker, Practice Compliance Issues, Medical Office Resources of Florida (MOROF), Health Care Providers, 2014
- Orlando, Fla. - June 16, 2015 - Christopher E. Brown and Lance O. Leider, attorneys with The Health Law Firm, presented a lecture to physician assistant students at Nova Southeastern University. The lecture took place on June 11, 2015, in Orlando, Florida. Mr. Brown and Mr. Leider spoke about negotiating physician assistant employment agreements, basic clauses and considerations.The presentation guided students through understanding contract language and terms found in physician assistant employment agreements, recognizing common mistakes when entering into a contract, and obtaining knowledge necessary to enter into an employment agreement while avoiding problem areas. Mr. Brown and Mr. Leider detailed various aspects of employment contracts, including compensation, benefits, malpractice insurance, and termination clauses. At the conclusion of the lecture, Mr. Brown and Mr. Leider answered many questions from the students. , Speaker, Negotiating Physician Assistant Employment Agreements, Basic Clauses and Considerations, Nova Southeastern University , Medical Students, 2015
Pro bono/Community Service
- Orlando, Fla. – May 12, 2014 - Attorney Lance O. Leider with The Health Law Firm won second place with his team in the University of Central Florida's Med School Classic Golf Tournament on April 28, 2014. The tournament consisted of 18 holes of golf at the Lake Nona Golf and Country club, lunch, contests and an awards reception.This is the second year Mr. Leider has participated in the tournament but his first Med School Classic trophy. After being presented with his trophy, Mr. Leider agreed that although the Central Florida heat and humidity took a toll that day, the philanthropic event was an enjoyable opportunity to raise funds for his local community.Participants from all over Central Florida came together to help raise money for the University of Central Florida's School of Medicine Scholarship Fund. Around 100 golfers took part in the tournament. The event raised approximately $30,000 that will allow the medical school to fund the best and the brightest students to the Central Florida medical program., 2014
- Selected to Super Lawyers Rising Star List, Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2015
- Selected to Super Lawyers Rising Stars List 2017., Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2017
- Selected to Super Lawyers Rising Stars List 2018., Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2018
- Selected to Super Lawyers Rising Stars List 2016., Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2016
- LANCE LEIDER EARNS A MASTER OF LAWS IN HEALTH LAW Lance O. Leider, an attorney with Orlando's The Health Law Firm, earned his Mastersof Laws (LL.M.) in Health Law from Loyola University Chicago School of Law's Beazley Institute for Health Law and Policy. It is considered to be one of the nation's leading health law programs. The Master of Laws (LL.M.) in Health Law program is a post-Juris Doctor (J.D.) master's degree program for attorneys who wish to develop or enhance a special expertise in health law., 2016
- Master of Laws (LL.M.) in Health Law from Loyola University Chicago School of Law's Beazley Institute for Health Law and Policy, 2016
- ORLANDO BASED LAW FIRM FILES PETITION FOR WRIT OF CERTIORARI IN THE U.S. SUPREME COURT Orlando, Fla. - March 14, 2019 - Attorney Lance Leider, representing The Health Law Firm, filed a Petition for a Writof Certiorari with the United States Supreme Court, on March 6, 2019. ThePetition seeks review by the U.S. Supreme Court of a decision of the U.S. Courtof Appeals for the Sixth Circuit on behalf of the firm's clients, New Vision HomeHealth Care, Inc., and Saleem Shakoor., 2019
- ORLANDO BASED LAW FIRM FILES CLASS ACTION SUIT FOR ANTITRUST VIOLATIONS AND RESTRAINT OF TRADE Attorney Lance Leider, representing The Health Law Firm, filed a class action lawsuit in theMiddle District of Florida on July 11, 2018, on behalf of three dermatologists who allege theyrepresent a class of dermatologists in a similar situation. The suit alleges that the AmericanBoard of Medical Specialties, Inc. (ABMS), and the American Board of Dermatology, Inc.(ABD), are planning or committing actions in restraint of trade., 2018
- CLIENT OF THE HEALTH LAW FIRM TO RECEIVE MORE THAN $1 MILLION IN WHISTLE-BLOWER SETTLEMENTOrlando, Fla. - March 30, 2015 - The Health Law Firm announces the settlement of a $5.4 million whistle-blower/qui tam lawsuit against Florida Hospital's parent company, Adventist Health Systems. Attorneys George F. Indest III, Carole C. Schriefer and Lance O. Leider represented the physician who filed a False Claims Act lawsuit. As part of the settlement, the physician will receive more than $1 million. The attorneys of The Health Law Firm worked with the attorneys of Morgan & Morgan, P.A., to help perfect the physician's case and assist the government. Read more. , 2015
- THE HEALTH LAW FIRM ATTORNEYS SUCCEED IN HAVING PHYSICIAN DISMISSED FROM 6 MILLION DOLLAR CIVIL MONETARY PENALTIES CASEOrlando, Fla. - August 12, 2014 - Attorneys George F. Indest III, Catherine T. Hollis and Lance O. Leider with The Health Law Firm succeeded in having a physician named in a multi-million dollar civil monetary penalty complaint made by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) dismissed.In March 2014, the FDA accused an independent diagnostic imaging facility in Florida, and other individuals associated with the facility, of violating the Mammography Quality Standards Act, a federal law. Among others, the complaint named a physician who had performed teleradiology services for the facility. The complaint sought to recover a total of $6 million in civil monetary penalties: approximately $3 million from the facility, $1.5 million from the physician, and approximately $2 million was sought from the other individuals named in the complaint. Read more., 2014
Last Updated: 5/15/2022