William J. Berger
Top rated real estate attorney in Boca Raton, FloridaWeiss, Handler & Cornwell, P.A.
A senior attorney at the Boca Raton, Florida, law firm of Weiss, Handler & Cornwell, P.A., William J. Berger began his legal career 45 years ago. He represents clients on trial and appellate levels in sophisticated and high-stakes matters involving real estate, business law, employment and labor law, personal injury, trusts and estates, commercial law and other general civil litigation matters.
Majoring in philosophy, Mr. Berger obtained his Bachelor of Arts with honors from the University of Florida followed by a Master of Arts in philosophy from the same university. In 1975, he received his Juris Doctor from the University of Miami School of Law, Florida. He was qualified to practice in all the state courts of Florida the same year and is now also authorized to appear before the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida and the Supreme Court of Florida.
With the necessary qualification, legal experience and knowledge of courtroom procedures, Mr. Berger was elected to serve as the Circuit Judge for Palm Beach County’s Civil, Criminal and Family Divisions. Additionally, he functioned as the associate judge of the Florida Fourth District Court of Appeal and the administrative judge of the South County Courthouse. For his high record of integrity and exemplifying excellence as a judge, the South Palm Beach County Bar Association bestowed him with the Distinguished Jurist Award.
An eloquent speaker, Mr. Berger is frequently asked to deliver presentations to law students and fellow professionals. He has spoken at NSU Shepard Broad College of Law on Florida constitutional law and trial advocacy; at the Florida Atlantic University on U.S. constitutional law and the judicial process; and at South University on intellectual property and civil procedure.
With client satisfaction as his major goal, Mr. Berger stays upfront with his clients about what to expect during the legal process and continues to deliver positive results for them at Handler & Cornwell, P.A. He is an active member of The Florida Bar and the chair of its Grievance Committee.
Practice areasReal estate: business, Alternative dispute resolution, Appellate, Business litigation, Employment & labor: employee
Landlord/tenant, Mediation, Appeals, Trade secret, Employment law - employee, Wage & hour laws
- 20% Real estate: business
- 20% Alternative dispute resolution
- 20% Appellate
- 20% Business litigation
- 20% Employment & labor: employee
First Admitted: 1975, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://www.weisshandler.com/attorney/william-j-berger/
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission proceedings, Mediator
- Florida Supreme Court’s Commission of Judicial Evaluations
- Florida Bar, Chair of a Grievance Committee
- Florida, 1975
- University of Florida, M.A. in Philosophy
- Supreme Court of Florida
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- Honored with a Distinguished Jurist Award by the South Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Phi Beta Kappa Fraternity
- Florida Atlantic University (U.S. Constitutional Law, the Judicial Process)
- South University (Intellectual Property, Civil Procedure)
- Nova Law School (Florida Constitutional Law, Trial Advocacy)
- University of Florida, B.A. in Philosophy with Honors
Office location for William J. Berger
2255 Glades Rd
Boca Raton, FL 33431-7313
- Super Lawyers: 2017 - 2020