W. David Bennett
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Boynton Beach, FloridaBodden & Bennett Law Group
W. David Bennett is a founding partner and lead trial attorney at Bodden & Bennett Law Group. Mr. Bennett focuses his areas of practice in personal injury claims, wrongful death actions, representation of medical providers and claimants for claims made regarding PIP (personal injury protection) benefits against automobile insurers, civil rights actions, commercial litigation, landlord/tenant deposit disputes, first party property claims and property claims for diminished value.
Growing up as a native Floridian, Mr. Bennett developed a notable reputation for results and high integrity during his decade working in hospitality management at various prestigious properties, including the historic and internationally recognized Boca Raton Resort and Club. Mr. Bennett’s success in both the professional and academic arenas provided him with a unique set of skills that he utilizes on a daily basis, throughout all aspects of client representation.
Mr. Bennett obtained his Juris Doctorate degree from St. Thomas University School of Law in 2010. He graduated cum laude, earning top honors in several areas of study, including medical malpractice. He also holds a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) from Florida Atlantic University. He is a member of the Florida Bar Association, the Broward County Bar Association, the Palm Beach County Bar Association, Florida Justice Association, and the Palm Beach County Justice Association. He is also admitted to practice in the United States District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of Florida as well as the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals.
Mr. Bennett is considered a formidable force in the courtroom and has represented various clients in dozens of jury trials with a proven record of success. Notably, in his first five years of practice Mr. Bennett achieved two verdicts in excess of one million dollars. Based on his trial advocacy and litigation skills, Mr. Bennett has been recognized by numerous nationwide trial lawyer associations and resources. From 2017 through 2021, Mr. Bennett was designated as a Super Lawyer “Rising Star” by Thompson Reuters. In 2021 Mr. Bennett was recognized for achieving a Florida Top 100 Verdict for the $977k verdict he and partner, Carlos A. Bodden won against the Palm Beach County School Board. In 2023 Mr. Bennett was nominated into the National Trial Lawyers Top 100 and in that same year was nominated as one of America’s Top 100 Personal Injury Attorneys.
Mr. Bennett has dedicated his career to helping individuals fight for recoveries against insurance companies, corporations and government.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Business/Corporate, Civil Litigation: Plaintiff, General Litigation
Animal Bites, Assault, Brain Injury, Business Formation and Planning, Business Organizations, Construction Accident, Contracts, Dram Shop Laws, Limited Liability Companies, Litigation, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Partnership, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 70% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10% Business/Corporate
- 10% Civil Litigation: Plaintiff
- 10% General Litigation
First Admitted: 2011, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://boddenbennettlaw.com/our-team/w-david-bennett/
- Palm Beach County Bar Association, Member
- U. S. District Court of the Northern District of Florida
- Broward County Bar Association, Member
- Florida Bar Association, Member
- Florida Bar, 2011
- J.D. St. Thomas University School of Law, 2010
- F.A.U. - Bachelors Business Administration, 2005
- The National Trial Lawyers is a professional organization composed of premier trial lawyers from across the country who exemplify superior qualifications as civil plaintiff or criminal defense trial lawyers. , National Trial Lawyers Top 100 - Civil Plaintiff , National Trial Lawyers, 2023
- Selection to America’s Top 100 Personal Injury Attorneys® is by invitation only and is reserved to identity the nation’s most exceptional litigators for high-value personal injury, catastrophic injury, wrongful death, product liability, and medical malpractice matters. To be considered for selection, an attorney must focus more than 50% of their active legal practice on personal injury, catastrophic injury, wrongful death, product liability, and/or medical malpractice matters. These minimum qualifications are required for initial consideration. Thereafter, candidates are carefully screened through Advanced Data Analytics evaluating a broad array of criteria, including the candidate’s professional experience, litigation experience, significant personal injury settlements and/or verdicts, peer reputation, and community impact in order to rank the candidates throughout the state. Only the top 100 qualifying attorneys in each state will receive this honor and be selected for membership among America’s Top 100 Personal Injury Attorneys®. With these extremely high standards for selection to America’s Top 100 Personal Injury Attorneys®, less than one-half percent (0.5%) of active attorneys in the United States will receive this honor — truly the most exclusive and elite level of attorneys in the community., America's Top 100 Personal Injury Attorneys , American's Top 100 Personal Injury Attorneys, 2023
- Liability verdict against Cleveland Clinic. Case settled for a confidential amount, 2023
- Verdict against School Board of Palm Beach County for $977,861, 2021
- Verdict against School Board of Palm Beach County for $225,000. , 2022
Office location for W. David Bennett
1880 N Congress Ave
Boynton Beach, FL 33426
- Rising Stars: 2017 - 2021