Top rated Health Care attorney in Clearwater, FloridaAudrey Hildes Schechter, P.A.
Practice Areas: Health Care, Civil Litigation, Employment & Labor; view more
Licensed in Florida since: 1992
Education: Boston University School of Law
Audrey Hildes Schechter, P.A.1465 S. Fort Harrison Avenue
Clearwater, FL 33756 Visit website
Audrey Schechter is a civil and commercial litigator with the Law Offices of Audrey Hildes Schechter. Representing clients throughout the nation with a focus, Ms. Schechter handles matters of qui/tam whistleblower law, health care litigation, corporate investigations and false claims act. With almost 28 years of experience, she has handled a long list of both appellate and litigation matters. Her frequent clients are nurses, hospice care givers, medical coders and billers, hosptial administrative personnel and Medicare and Tricare patients.
In 1989, Ms. Schechter graduated from Washington University with a Bachelor of Arts, then attended Boston University School of Law and earned a Juris Doctor in 1992. She was given the Book Award in Professional Responsibility and was a case note and editor for the American Journal of Law and Medicine.
Ms. Schechter is a member of the Clearwater Bar Association, the Qui Tam Section of the American Association for Justice, for which she has served as Secretary for the past 2 years, and will become Vice Chair in 2020, the Pinellas County Association of Women Lawyers, the Pinellas County Mid-County Bar Association, the Tampa Bay Trial Lawyers Association and Taxpayers Against Fraud. To give back to her community through community service and pro bono work, she mentors underprivileged high school students and is secretary of Largo IB Partners.
Since 1992, Ms. Schechter has been admitted to practice in Florida, and she also practices in New York. She is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida, the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit.
We fight for employees who have been unfairly retaliated against for investigating or reporting fraud in the workplace.
Practice areasHealth Care, Civil Litigation: Plaintiff, Employment & Labor: Employee, Consumer Law
- 50% Health Care
- 20% Civil Litigation: Plaintiff
- 20% Employment & Labor: Employee
- 10% Consumer Law
First Admitted: 1992, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://www.floridamedicarefraudlawyer.com/audrey-schechter-...
- Mentor for underprivileged High School students identified for higher education
- Largo IB Partners, Secretary (2017-19), 2017
- Florida Super Lawyers for 2019
- Served as Case and Note Editor on the American Journal of Law and Medicine, American Journal of Law and Medicine, 1991
- Book Award in Professional Responsibility, 1992
- American Association for Justice, Secretary
- Pinellas Association of Women Lawyers
- New York State
- Pinellas County Mid-County Bar Association
- State of Florida
- Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- Taxpayers Against Fraud - 2013-present, 2013
- Tampa Bay Trial Lawyers, member, 2015
- AAJ, Qui Tam litigation group, Secretary, 2018
- Member, Pinellas County MidCounty Bar Association, 2000
- Member Pinellas County Association of Women Lawyers, 1997
- Member of American Association for Justice, Qui Tam section member, 2015
- Member, Clearwater Bar Association, 2015
- Serve as Alternate Special Magistrate in beach community, hearing cases for variances and code violations.
- Graduated with A.B. from Washington University in St. Louis, 1989
- 2016 - Speaker at Mid-County Bar Association Meeting. Spoke about Federal False Claims Act cases., Speaker, Pinellas County Mid-County Bar Association, 2016
- Moderated a 45 minute panel discussion on the current issues facing the Qui Tam/Whistleblower Bar, Moderator, Qui Tam Litigation Update, Legal, 2019
- I participated in panel on Qui Tam Law basics and updates. My focus was updating on The Brand Memorandum., Panel Member, Qui Tam Law Update, False Claims Act Litigators, 2018
- Member of legal team settling New York State False Claims Act pertaining to wrongful practices related to Medicaid providers, 2018
- Member of legal team settling New York False Claims Act matter for $13.1M for a food service entity failing to pay taxes and rent at JFK, 2018
- Participated in $9.5 Million settlement of False Claims Act case involving the Miami Dade Department of Transportation, 2015
- Appellate court reversed summary judgment that lower court had entered against my client in slip and fall case, allowing client to settle her case, 2012
- This memorandum outlines the restrictions that the language of the Brand Memorandum places on False Claims Act cases, and possible avenues of addressing the concerns the Memorandum raises, The Brand Memorandum's Impact on the False Claims Act, False Claims Act Litigators, 2018
- Government contractors, grant work, medical billing personnel, Medicaid or Medicare-related work, Tricare-treated patients, tele-marketers, nurses, party to non-compete agreement, 2019
- American Association For Justice
- Florida Justice Association
- Qui Tam Litigation Group
- Tampa Bay Trial Lawyers
- Taxpayers Against Fraud
Office location for Audrey Schechter
1465 S. Fort Harrison Avenue
Clearwater, FL 33756
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2023