Bjorn E. Brunvand
Top rated White Collar Crimes attorney in Clearwater, FloridaBrunvand Wise, P.A.
Practice Areas: White Collar Crimes, Criminal Defense, DUI-DWI; view more
Licensed in Florida since: 1989
Education: Stetson University College of Law
Languages Spoken: English, Norwegian
Brunvand Wise, P.A.615 Turner Street
Clearwater, FL 33756 Visit website
Bjorn E. Brunvand is an attorney with the law firm of Brunvand Wise P.A., in Clearwater, Florida, where he focuses his practice focused on criminal defense. With experience at both the state and federal level, Mr. Brunvand represents clients in Clearwater, Tampa Bay and throughout the Tampa Bay metropolitan area.
Mr. Brunvand handles cases in all areas of criminal defense including capital murder, felony drug charges, drug trafficking and manufacturing, DUI, fraud, money laundering and racketeering, obstruction of justice, perjury, public corruption and more. He has extensive experience with all aspects of the criminal defense process, from negotiating settlements to litigating jury trials.
After graduating with a degree in political science from the University of South Florida, Mr. Brunvand earned his law degree from Stetson University College of Law. While he was a law student, he participated in a public defender clinic and was one of the founding members of the Stetson Intramural Law Journal.
Mr. Brunvand is admitted to practice in all Florida state courts and before the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit and the Supreme Court of the United States. He is also certified as a criminal trial attorney by The Florida Bar.
Recognized for his professionalism, Mr. Brunvand has been rated AV Preeminent,* by the peer review service Martindale-Hubbell, the highest possible rating.
Mr. Brunvand is a member of the Pinellas Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys and the Pinellas County Trial Lawyers Association. He has also participated in the Barney Masterson American Inn of Court, the Federal Bar Association, the Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, among other professional organizations.
*AV®, BV®, AV Preeminent® and BV Distinguished® are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general practice standards.
Practice areasCriminal Defense: White Collar, Criminal Defense, Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI
Criminal Law, Criminal Law - Federal, White Collar Crime
- 50% Criminal Defense: White Collar
- 30% Criminal Defense
- 20% Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI
First Admitted: 1989, Florida
Professional Webpage: http://acquitter.com/about/bjorn-e-brunvand/
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubble
- Super Lawyer, 2008 and 2009
- Public Defender Clinic, Stetson University College of Law
- Florida Board Certified Criminal Trial Attorney
- Nationally Board Certified Criminal Trial Lawyer
- National Criminal Defense College, in Macon, Georgia, 1991
- University of South Florida, Bachelor of Arts, Major: Political Science
- Founding Member of the Stetson Intramural Law Journal, Stetson University College of Law
- Firm video describing who we are and what we do, embed.vidyard.com/landingpage/1ntPFebZUYtTzbxRQ0E1uw
- Member of the Washington DC Federal Court, 2021
- Member of the San Juan, Puerto Rico Federal Court, 2020
- Member of the Eastern District of Texas Federal Court, 2021
- Member of the Eastern District of Missouri Federal Court, 2021
- Pinellas County Trial Lawyers Association, Former President
- Barney Masterson Inn of Court, Member
- Criminal Law Section of the Florida Bar and the National Organization for Reform of Marijuana Laws (N.O.R.M.L.)
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- Pinellas County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Former President
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- Clearwater and St. Petersburg Bar Associations, Memeber
- Florida, 1992
- United States Supreme Court
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- Federal Bar Association, Member
- Assistant Public Defender, Sixth Judicial Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- Defense Contracting
- Health Care
Office location for Bjorn E. Brunvand
615 Turner Street
Clearwater, FL 33756
- Super Lawyers: 2006, 2009, 2015 - 2023
Certificates and credentials