Gregory J. Perenich
Top Rated Medical Malpractice Attorney in Clearwater, FL
- Free Consultation
Greg is co-founder of PERENICH Law and has been a forceful champion for the injured for more than 30 years. He is a lifelong resident of Pinellas County and was educated in public schools in Clearwater and Tarpon Springs. From a very early age, his career ambition was to become a trial lawyer through the witnessing of his father, the late Guy Perenich, trying cases in front of juries and advocating on behalf of wrongfully injured clients. Seeing his dad in court had a pivotal influence on Greg to follow in his father’s footsteps to become a tenacious trial lawyer and later establish PERENICH Law in honor of his father and mentor.
Through the representation of thousands of clients over his long career, Greg has sharpened his trial and advocacy skills in a wide variety of cases including wrongful death, medical malpractice and accident cases involving automobiles, trucks, motorcycles, and bicycles. His mission of never giving up for his clients is always at the forefront of his efforts of persuasion and the search for truth and justice. With these principles in mind, Greg was able to achieve one of the largest recoveries in Pinellas County history by obtaining a medical malpractice settlement in excess of 10 million dollars for the parents of a 3-week old baby that suffered catastrophic brain and developmental injuries from viral meningitis that was not timely diagnosed and treated.
Greg began his career as a state prosecutor in Miami-Dade County where he tried numerous misdemeanor, felony, and juvenile cases. After four years in Miami, Greg returned to the Tampa Bay area in 1991 with his wife to begin their own family and to re-establish his roots in our community. Ten years later he joined his father’s law firm and for the next four years worked alongside his dad in courtrooms across Pinellas, Hillsborough, and Pasco Counties. These experiences were instrumental in molding Greg’s training as a trial lawyer and honing his skills on behalf of his clients that have suffered physically, emotionally, and financially from a devastating injury or loss of life. Greg’s mission is to embody ethical servant leadership for his clients with the goal of healing and remediating their losses.
In 2009, Greg distinguished himself by becoming a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and later became a member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. That same year, he was able to achieve a settlement of more than one million dollars for the family of a 12-year old boy who was tragically killed by a hit-and-run drunk driver. His lawyering skills and determination succeeded in also holding a construction company liable for the parents’ loss because the company illegally closed a city sidewalk alongside the road where the boy was struck. Greg was able to discover that the contractor violated Florida Law and construction standards by illegally barricading the pedestrian sidewalk without obtaining permission from the local municipality or the Florida Department of Transportation.
In 2019, Greg was honored with induction into Florida Legal Elite, which represents the top 1.4% of lawyers in Florida as selected by their peers. In 2021, he was recognized by “Super Lawyers,” as a Top-Rated lawyer for his excellence. Super Lawyers is an honorable rating service of outstanding lawyers from many practice areas who have attained a high degree of professional achievement and peer recognition throughout the United States.
About Gregory J. Perenich
First Admitted: 1987, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://perenichlaw.com/attorney-gregory-perenich/
- Admitted to The Florida Bar, 1987
- Member, Florida Justice Association
- Bachelor of Arts from the University of Notre Dame, 1984
Pro bono/Community Service
- I have served on the board of directors of Advent Health North Pinellas hospital foundation for the past 4 years. I am currently the chairman of the board. I have served on the board of directors of Kimberly Home Pregnancy Resource Center in Clearwater. I currently serve as chairman of the board., 2020
- , Super Lawyers, Top-Rated Lawyer, Super Lawyers, 2021, 2021
- Top 100 Civil Plaintiff Trial Lawyers, The National Trial Lawyers Top 100, 2022
- , Super Lawyers, Top Rated Super Lawyers, 2022, 2022
- , Multi-Million Dollar Advocate, Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, 2018
- , Million Dollar Advocate, Million Dollar Advocates Forum, 2009
- I was recognized in the 2019 edition of Florida Trend’s Florida Legal Elite™, a distinguished group of the state's top attorneys. The list of honorees includes attorneys in private practice as well as top government and non-profit attorneys., Florida Legal Elite, www.FloridaTrend.com/Legal-Elite, 2019
- I represent families that have been harmed by medical errors.
- Reading: The Pre-injury Release Form: probably not enforceable, but still a bad idea https://t.co/UFgYvYpmS3
- Auto Accident, Have you met your lawyer yet? https://t.co/ud9ASKv2hx https://t.co/ErfFnOyzdx
- Know your options to get home tonight! https://t.co/DnQBSSo2Om https://t.co/iiUdIUo2VS
- The NFL has agreed to pay over 4,500 former players $750M to settle concussion lawsuits http://t.co/zJmwD5QLIV
- School starts Monday-drivers watch out for kids walking to the bus stop! http://t.co/8Owj8zImYW
Last Updated: 5/15/2022