Hamden H. Baskin, III
Top rated estate & trust litigation attorney in Clearwater, FloridaBaskin Eisel Rightmyer, Attorneys at Law
Practice Areas: Estate & trust litigation; view more
Licensed in Florida since: 1984
Education: Oklahoma City University School of Law
Baskin Eisel Rightmyer, Attorneys at Law14020 Roosevelt Blvd.
Clearwater, FL 33762 Visit website
When issues arise regarding an estate, they can make an already difficult time all the more challenging for families. A partner at Baskin Eisel Rightmyer, Hamden H. Baskin, III, focuses his practice on estate, fiduciary and guardianship litigation. He provides dedicated legal representation to clients throughout Clearwater, Florida. Mr. Baskin has experience dealing with a range of cases including those involving improper execution, undue influence, lack of capacity and insane delusions. He has received the highest possible rating of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell.
Mr. Baskin understands the importance of estate planning and the responsibility people place on their estate administrators and fiduciaries. He has achieved successful outcomes on behalf of clients in both defending and prosecuting breach of fiduciary duties cases. Mr. Baskin guides clients through the complexities of the probate process and handles trust administration issues. It is his goal to effectively and efficiently resolve his clients' legal issues, whether through mediation and settlement or through litigation if necessary. Mr. Baskin aids clients in developing estate plans that fit their needs; these may include drawing up wills and setting up trusts.
In 1976, Mr. Baskin earned a Bachelor of Science in psychology from Florida State University before going on to earn a Master of Science in criminology from the same institution. He received a Juris Doctor in 1983, from the Oklahoma City University School of Law, graduating with honors. Mr. Baskin also earned a Master of Laws in taxation from the University of Florida.
Beyond the courtroom, Mr. Baskin is actively involved in the legal community. He is a member of numerous professional associations, including the American Association for Justice, the Clearwater Bar Association, The Florida Bar, the Oklahoma Bar Association and the St. Petersburg Bar Association.
*AV®, BV®, AV Preeminent® and BV Distinguished® are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general practice standards.
Practice areasEstate & trust litigation
- 100% Estate & trust litigation
First Admitted: 1983
Professional Webpage: https://baskineisel.com/attorneys-staff/
- Former Chairman of the Board and Current Trustee of Directions for Mental Health, Clearwater, Florida
- Board of Trustees for John Hopkins, All Children’s Hospital
- Member of the Rotary Club of Clearwater
- Member, Litigation Counsel of America
- US News and World Report Lawer of the Year, 2020
- Florida Bar Unlicensed Practice of Law Committee
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- Clearwater Bar Association
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Chairman, Florida Bar Grievance Committee
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida
- St. Petersburg Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Member of the Dean's Executive Council, for the Oklahoma City University Law School
- U.S. Tax Court
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- University of Florida, LL.M. in Taxation, 1985
- Florida State University, M.S. in Criminology, 1979
- Florida State University, B.S., 1976
- AV Preeminent – Highest Possible rating in both Legal Ability & Ethical Standards , AV Preeminent , Martindale Hubbel, 2019
- AV Preeminent – Highest Possible rating in both Legal Ability & Ethical Standards , AV Preeminent, Martindale Hubbel, 2020
- Lawyer of the Year, US News & World Report, 2020
- Alumni of the Year, Oklahoma City University Law School, 2013
- Inducted into the Litigation Counsel of America (LCA) as a Fellow
- Florida Super Lawyers, 2015
Office location for Hamden H. Baskin, III
14020 Roosevelt Blvd.
Clearwater, FL 33762
- Super Lawyers: 2015 - 2023