J. Jervis Wise
Top rated criminal defense attorney in Clearwater, FloridaBrunvand Wise, P.A.
Attorney J. Jervis Wise is an associate at the law firm of Brunvand Wise P.A. in Clearwater, Florida. Focusing his practice on criminal defense, Mr. Wise represents clients in Clearwater and throughout the Tampa Bay metropolitan area in cases involving drug crimes, DUI, fraud, money laundering and racketeering, murder, obstruction of justice, perjury, public corruption and more.
After graduating with bachelor's degrees in business administration and food and resource economics from the University of Florida, Mr. Wise earned a law degree with a concentration in advocacy from Stetson University College of Law. He is admitted to practice in all Florida state courts, the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit.
While attending law school Mr. Wise was a member of the Stetson Law Review and interned for a U.S. magistrate judge. He also participated in an international program in Tallinn, Estonia, and worked in a public defender clinic.
Mr. Wise has extensive experience in appellate courts, as well as state and federal courts, and has tried a diverse variety of cases, including misdemeanors and more serious crimes such as first-degree murder. He also has experience with cases involving drug trafficking and manufacturing, government fraud, Medicaid and Medicare fraud, election fraud, government fraud, tax evasion, identity theft and embezzlement.
Along with his law practice, Mr. Wise is a member of a panel for the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida that is devoted to the Criminal Justice Act. He also belongs to the Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, the Pinellas Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, the Pinellas County Trial Lawyers Association, the Federal Bar Association and the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
Practice areasCriminal defense, Criminal defense: white collar, Criminal defense: DUI/DWI
Arrest & arraignment, Assault & battery, Criminal fraud, Criminal law, Drug & alcohol violations, Expungement, False accusations, Felony, Juvenile delinquency, Misdemeanor, Motor vehicle offenses, Murder, Parole, Probation, Sex offenses, Tax evasion, Theft, Traffic violations, Criminal domestic violence, White collar crime, Criminal law - federal, DUI/DWI
- 50% Criminal defense
- 30% Criminal defense: white collar
- 20% Criminal defense: DUI/DWI
First Admitted: 2006, Florida
Professional Webpage: http://acquitter.com/about/jervis-wise/
- Florida Super Lawyers Rising Stars
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- Member, Pinellas County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Member, Federal Bar Association
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- Member, Pinellas Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Member, Florida Bar
- Middle District of Florida's Criminal Justice Act Panel
- Member, Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- University of Florida, Bachelor of Science in Food and Resource Economics, 2001
- University of Florida, Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration
- Defense Contracting
- Health Care
Office location for J. Jervis Wise
615 Turner Street
Clearwater, FL 33756
- Super Lawyers: 2023
- Rising Stars: 2010, 2016 - 2018