John M. Quaranta
Top rated business litigation attorney in Coral Gables, FloridaQuaranta P.A.
Practice Areas: Business litigation, Class action & mass torts, Employment & labor; view more
Licensed in Florida since: 1992
Education: University of Miami School of Law
Quaranta P.A.1600 Ponce de Leon Blvd
Coral Gables, FL 33134-7415 Visit website
Mr. Quaranta is a trial lawyer for businesspeople, focusing his trial practice on complex commercial litigation, including business divorces, D&O litigation, securities, insurance, and employment litigation. Since 2002, Mr. Quaranta has been rated AV Preeminent™ (Highest Competency and Ethics Rating from Martindale-Hubbell). He has been recognized by his peers as a member of the Florida Legal Elite™, Best Lawyers in America™ and Super Lawyers ™ for commercial litigation. In 2017, he attained membership into The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Civil Plaintiff Trial Lawyers.
In Mr. Quaranta's 31 years of practice, he has tried cases in federal and state courts throughout Florida, as well as before the NASD, FINRA, and American Arbitration Association. His clients have ranged from Fortune 500 companies and their officer and directors to small business owners and their employees. He has been inside general counsel to two U.S. defense contractors.
Mr. Quaranta received his law degree from the University of Miami School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 1991) where he was awarded the Thomas P. McDougall Full Academic Scholarship. He was elected by his fellow classmates as member of the University of Miami Honor Council and was a member of the University of Miami Law Review.
Mr. Quaranta received his undergraduate degree in Economics from Georgetown University (CAS B.A., 1987). Mr. Quaranta is a four-year varsity letter winner at Georgetown where he played both football and baseball. Mr. Quaranta is a retired little league coach, and served as past Chairman to Florida Bar Grievance Committee 11-F. He is a resident of Coral Gables, Florida, where he lives with his wife, Angela.
Practice areasBusiness litigation, Class action/mass torts: plaintiff, Employment & labor: employee, General litigation, Insurance coverage
Trade secret, Non-compete agreements, Class actions, Toxic torts, Employment law - employee, Wage & hour laws, Whistleblower, Sexual harassment, Labor law, Litigation, Insurance, Bad faith insurance, Insurance defense
First Admitted: 1992, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://quaranta.law/attorneys/
- University of Miami Law Review, Member
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- United States Tax Court
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- Florida Bar, 1992
- Florida Bar Grievance Committee, Chairman
- Little League Coach
- University of Miami Honor Council, Member
- University of Miami School of Law, Thomas P. McDougall Full Academic Scholarship
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Civil Plaintiff Trial Lawyers, 2017
- AV Preeminent, (Highest Competency and Ethics Rating from Martindale-Hubbell)
- Super Lawyers, Commercial Litigation
- Recipient, Best Lawyers in America
- Member, Florida Legal Elite
- Undergraduate degree in Economics from Georgetown University, 1987
Office location for John M. Quaranta
1600 Ponce de Leon Blvd
Coral Gables, FL 33134-7415
- Super Lawyers: 2017 - 2023