Miguel A. Brizuela
Top rated Construction Litigation attorney in Coral Gables, FloridaMiguel A. Brizuela, P.A.
Practice Areas: Construction Litigation, Insurance Coverage, Business Litigation; view more
Licensed in Florida since: 2006
Education: The University of Michigan Law School
Languages Spoken: English, Spanish
Miguel A. Brizuela, P.A.2701 Ponce de Leon
Coral Gables, FL 33134 Visit website
Miguel A. Brizuela is a Miami construction attorney at Miguel A. Brizuela, P.A. Mr. Brizuela represents commercial liability carriers, owners, sureties and other individuals in Miami and throughout Dade County, Florida, in a wide range of matters, including construction defect claims and lien foreclosures, employment discrimination and shareholder disputes, and construction contract formation and negotiation.
After earning a bachelor's degree from Bowdoin College, Mr. Brizuela attained his law degree from the University of Michigan Law School, where he served as the associate editor for the Michigan Journal of International Law. In addition to his education credentials, he is also Board Certified in Construction Law by The Florida Bar.
Mr. Brizuela speaks both Spanish and English, allowing him to communicate with and represent a diverse range of clients. He has used his bilingual ability throughout his experiences in both courtroom litigation and alternative dispute resolution methods such as arbitration and mediation. Mr. Brizuela is also experienced in drafting construction contracts and negotiating terms on the behalf of his client base.
In addition to his construction law practice, Mr. Brizuela is a member of various professional legal organizations. He belongs to the American Bar Association and the Hispanic Affairs Committee of the City of Miami Beach, Florida.
Mr. Brizuela also does pro bono work on behalf of local organizations such as the Unsafe Structures Board of Miami-Dade County, Florida, an organization that focuses on reviewing decisions made by building officials.
Practice areasConstruction Litigation: Business, Insurance Coverage, Business Litigation
Bad Faith Insurance, Construction Defects, Insurance
- 60% Construction Litigation: Business
- 30% Insurance Coverage
- 10% Business Litigation
First Admitted: 2006, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://www.brizuelalaw.com/miguel-a-brizuela.html
- Ingram vs. Hansgrohe, Broward County Florida, Case No.: CACE 11-023660 (05) (representing subcontractor in construction defect lawsuit)
- Riverside vs. The Autcher Company, Duval County Florida: Case No.: 16-2010-CA-6433 (representing insurer in construction defect lawsuit)
- Epic Hotel vs. Douglas Orr Plumbing, Dade County Florida, Case No.: 11-08742 CA 40 (representing subcontractor in construction defect lawsuit), 2014
- Fla. Dept. of Fin. Services v. Deloitte & Touche, LLP, Case No. Leon County Florida, 2010-CA-003201, Case No. 2006-CA-001198, Case No. 2006-CA-001083, Case No. 2006-CA-001060 (representing court appointed receiver in liquidation of numerous insurance companies in lawsuit against auditor for professional negligence for damages in excess of $1 Billion)
- Z Roofing & Waterproofing, Inc. v. Focus Construction, et al, Dade County, Case No. 2013-029952 CA 01 (23) (representing roofer in construction lien foreclosure and equitable lien foreclosure against Miami Beach hotel)
- SGI Land vs. ECT, Alachua County Florida, Case No.: 2013 CA 01192 (representing surveyor in professional negligence action)
- Bellamare vs. Coastal Construction, Dade County Florida, Case No.: 2009-74397 CA 01 (representing Coastal Construction in construction defect lawsuit)
- Veranda vs. Auer & King, Orange County Florida, Case No.: 2013-CA-010812-O (representing subcontractor in construction defect lawsuit)
- Colors Painting Contractors, LLC v. ESA P Portfolio Operating Lessee, Inc., Hillsborough County Florida, Case No. 14-CA-010093 (defending hotel Extended Stay America in construction lien foreclosure)
- Tremonti vs. Belzer, Orange County Florida, Case No.: 2008-CA-004463-O (representing subcontractor in construction defect lawsuit)
- Continental vs. Calvery Services, Hillsborough County Florida, Case No.: 13-CA-13773 (representing subcontractor in construction defect lawsuit)
- Mediterranea (Miami) Condominium Assoc. vs. Wilkinson Hi-Rise, LLC, Dade County Florida, Case No.: 2011-05180 CA (05) (representing subcontractor in construction defect lawsuit)
- Hartford Accident & Indemnity Co. v. Crum & Forster Specialty Ins. Co., United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, Case No. 12-13728-BB (representing surety in equitable subrogation action on behalf of general contractor against GC's insurer for defense benefits based upon commercial general liability policy)
- Broadway vs. Sunshine; Sarasota County Florida; Case No.: 2011 CA 000558 NC (representing subcontractor in construction defect lawsuit)
- Member, Hispanic Affairs Committee of City of Miami Beach, Florida
- Member, Unsafe Structures Board of Miami-Dade County, Florida
- Bowdoin College, A.B., 2001
- Associate Editor, Michigan Journal of International Law, The University of Michigan Law School
- Board Certified by the Florida Bar in Construction Law
Office location for Miguel A. Brizuela
2701 Ponce de Leon
Coral Gables, FL 33134
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2013 - 2019
Certificates and credentials