Robert J. Rodriguez is a renowned workers' compensation litigator in the state of Florida as well as the managing equity partner of Miller, Kagan, Rodriguez & Silver , PL. As the managing partner, he provides vision and direction to all firm operations ensuring the firm's highest level of quality client service. In addition, he manages the Fraud Division at MKRS, maintains an active caseload, and is licensed to practice in the U.S. District Court for the Southern, Middle and Northern Districts of Florida . For all of his contributions to the workers' compensation field, Mr. Rodriguez has been recognized by the National Registry of Who's Who in Executives & Professionals. He is recognized by the South Florida Legal Guide as both a ‘Top Lawyer in South Florida' as well as a ‘Top Lawyer in Practice Area' and named to the ‘Super Lawyer’ list by Florida Super Lawyer. He has been named a 'Best Lawyer' by Best Lawyers in America and been an invited guest on America’s Premier Lawyers National Radio presentation. Mr. Rodriguez has been granted the highest rating for legal ability and ethical standards by the prestigious Martindale-Hubbell indicating his professional excellence. Despite his demanding schedule, Mr. Rodriguez continues to maintain an active speaking schedule on the topic of workers' compensation, regularly presenting to attorneys and professionals alike. He was a member of the Executive Council of the Workers' Compensation Section of The Florida Bar from 1996 to 2004, where he has served as the Vice-Chairman of the Professionalism Committee, Chairman of the Agency for Health Care Administration Liaison Committee, and as Vice-Chairman of the Legislation Committee. Mr. Rodriguez defended in landmark case, Wright v. Uniforms for Industry, in which precedent was established for the employer's absolute right to terminate all compensation and medical benefits on a finding of fraud.
First Admitted: 1985, Florida
Professional Webpage: http://mkrs.com/staff/robert-j-rodriguez/
- University of Miami (J.D. 1985) Florida International University (B.A.1982)
- Named a 'Best Lawyer' by Best Lawyers in America Invited guest on America's Premier Lawyers Selected for inclusion within Corporate Counsel Magazine's Best Lawyers in America EditionRecipient of Martindale-Hubbell's highest rating for legal ability and ethical standardsInclusion in the National Register's Who's Who in Executives & Professionals South Florida Legal Guide recognitions, 'Top Lawyer in South Florida', 'Top Lawyer in the Practice Area of Workers' Compensation', 2015 Friends of 440 Honoree
- Defended in landmark case, Wright v. Uniforms for Industry, in which precedent was established for the employer's absolute right to terminate all compensation and medical benefits on a finding of fraud.
- MKRS LAW, 2016
- Richard Sicking Inn of Court Member, 2019
- Richard Sicking Inn of Court Member, 2020
- Publix , 2020
16 Years Super Lawyers
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2021