Robert L. Parks
Top Rated Products Liability Attorney in Coral Gables, FL
The founder of his eponymous law firm, Robert L. Parks focuses his practice exclusively on personal injury and wrongful death litigation. His offices are located in Miami, Florida, and he represents clients throughout Miami-Dade and Broward counties and other parts of the state. Born and raised in the Bahamas, Mr. Parks attended the University of Florida as an undergraduate, and he majored in political science and earned a Bachelor of Arts in 1960. He then pursued his legal education at Georgetown University Law Center in Washington, D.C., and he served on the Georgetown Law Review before graduating in 1963.
During his distinguished career, Mr. Parks has handled scores of cases involving airplane and helicopter accidents, going up against Boeing, Cessna, Piper, Bell, Robinson, Sikorsky, and McDonnell Douglas, along with several other manufacturers. His personal injury and wrongful death experience has also included defective pharmaceutical products as well as truck and other motor vehicle crashes, mass torts, and premises liability, and in all, he has been able to obtain millions of dollars in negotiated settlements and jury verdicts on behalf of his plaintiff clients.
Mr. Parks’s successful track record and high degree of ethics have not gone unnoticed by his fellow attorneys. He has been selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America every year since 1983, and he has also received an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell. Other recognition that Mr. Parks has received has included his being named as Trial Lawyer of the Year by the Florida Chapters of the American Board of Trial Advocates. Admitted to practice in Florida since 1964, he has been certified as a specialist in aviation law by the Board of Legal Specialization & Education of The Florida Bar.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 40%Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
- 30%Aviation and Aerospace
- 20%Business Litigation
- 10%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2019, 2021 - 2022
About Robert L. Parks
First Admitted: 1964, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://robertlparks.com/robert-l-parks-full-bio-and-cv/
- President, International Academy of Trial Lawyers, 2000- 2001
- Dean’s Advisory Board, Florida International University’s College of Law
- Chairman, Miami River Coordinating Committee, 1984-1989
- Florida Bar, 1964
- Member, Environmental Land Management Study Committee (ELMS II), 1982-1984
- Chairman, Environmental Regulation Commission, 1979-1987
- Member, Governor’s Commission on Property Rights, 1993-1994
- Chairman, Miami River Commission, 1998-2005
- President, Young Lawyers Section, The Florida Bar, 1972-1973
- State Committeeman, Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers, 1978-1980
- Board of Governors, Young Lawyers Section, The Florida Bar, 1966-1971
- President, Young Lawyers Section, Dade County Bar Association, 1971-1972
- Tort Litigation Review Commission of The Florida Bar, 1983-1988
- Past Member, Florida Supreme Court Commission on Professionalism Board of Trustees
- Member, International Society of Air Safety Investigators
- Member, Lawyer Pilots Bar Association
- Member, American Law Institute
- Past Member, Board of Directors, Trial Lawyers for Public Justice
- Member, America’s Top 100 High Stakes Litigators
- President, American College of Trial Lawyers, 2000- 2001
- Diplomate, Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers
- Past Chairman, Aviation Law Certification Committee, The Florida Bar Association Fellow, American Board of Trial Advocates
- Past Chairman, ABA Forum on Air & Space Law
- Past Chair, Access to Justice Committee, American College of Trial Lawyers
- Member, Board of Governors, The Florida Bar, 1978-1982
- Member, Florida Supreme Court Judicial Nominating Commission, 1974-1975
- Chairman, Barristers Council (Appellate Advocacy), Georgetown University Law Center
- Member, Dade County Bar Association, President, 1980-1981
- Past Chairman, Board of Visitors, National Judicial College
- Executive Committee Member, Board of Trustees, National Judicial College
- The National Audubon Society, Environmentalist of the Year
- Fellow, American Board of Trial Advocacy
- U.S. News & World Report’s Best Lawyers and “Best Law Firms” rankings, 2008-2022
- National Aviation Trial Lawyers Top 10
- America’s Top 100 Personal Injury Attorneys
- South Florida Legal Guide “Top Lawyer”, 2003 to Present
- Lawdragon Top 3000, 2010-11
- Florida Super Lawyers, 2005 to Present
- Florida Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates (FLABOTA) Personal Injury (Plaintiff) Trial Attorney of the Year Award (2017), given to a candidate who has had a distinguished career and a superb reputation of high ethics and fair play.
- Best Lawyers of America, 1983 to Present
- The Southern Trial Lawyers Association “War Horse Award (2011),” its highest honor for extraordinary contributions to the cause of justice.
- The Florida Justice Association’s “Perry Nichols Award (2012),” given annually to a Floridian who has fought with distinction for justice throughout his life.
- History Miami’s 11th Judicial Circuit Historical Society’s “Legal Legends Award (2015),” which recognizes members of the legal community who have made significant contributions to the law, legal system or the administration of justice for at least 25 years or more.
- International Academy of Trial Lawyers’ Distinguished Fellow designation (2017), which has only occurred on ten occasions since the founding of the academy, the honorary association of elite trial attorneys.
- Fellow, Florida Bar Foundation
- Miami-Dade County Law Library Award, 2019
- Fellow, Roscoe Pound Foundation
- Lifetime member, American Law Institute
- Senior Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America
- Fellow, American Bar Foundation
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers
- Fellow, American Trial Lawyers Association
- Fellow, International Society of Barristers
- Distinguished Fellow, International Academy of Trial Lawyers
Pro bono/Community Service
- Past Co-Chair, Legal Services of Greater Miami, Inc., Fund Raising Committee
- Member, Legal Services of Greater Miami
- Original Member, Litigation Chair, 1,000 Friends of Florida
- Member, Board of Directors, Boys and Girls Club of Miami
- Past Member, Advisory Council, Trust for Public Land
- Past Board Member, HistoryMiami
- Member, Dean’s Advisory Council, FIU College of Law
- Board of Directors and Litigation Counsel, Everglades Foundation
- 11th Judicial Circuit Historical Society
- Member, Georgetown Law Review
- Co-Author, “Military Accidents” and “Air Traffic Control Negligence” in Kreindler’s Aviation Accident Law for Matthew Bender & Company, Inc.
- University of Florida, B.A. in Political Science, Gainesville, FL, 1960
Last Updated: 4/19/2022