Leonard R. Ross
Top rated Family Law attorney in Daytona Beach, FloridaRoss & Andreassi, PLLC
Practice Areas: Family Law, Entertainment & Sports; view more
Licensed in Florida since: 1981
Education: Vermont Law School
Ross & Andreassi, PLLC500 N Oleander Ave
Daytona Beach, FL 32118 Visit website
Mr. Ross provides dedicated legal representation to clients in Daytona Beach, Orlando and St. Augustine, Florida, as well as throughout Volusia, Flagler, Broward, Dade, St, Johns and Orange counties. He focuses his practice on marital and family law, generally handling cases that involve the following issues: mediation, contested and uncontested divorce, same sex family law, spousal support and spousal maintenance, prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, domestic violence injunctions, property and debt division, asset protection during a divorce, along with child support and time sharing issues.
Mr. Ross earned a Bachelor of Science in the Adminisration of Justice from American University. He then went on to receive a Juris Doctor from Vermont Law School where he was selected and served on its prestigous Law Review. Mr. Ross acheived certification in the complex field of annuities following a course of studies at the University of Florida. In addition,Mr. Ross has been licensed by the State of Florida Boxing Commision as an MMA fight manager and recently passed the Major League Baseball player/agent certification examination.
Mr. Ross is board-certified as a specialist in marital and family law by The Florida Bar. He is a certified family law mediator and a qualified Parenting Coordinator. In addition, Mr. Ross is trained in the Collaberative Law process.
With more than 37 years of experience, Mr. Ross understands the challenges that family law issues can hold. For that reason, he is focused on recognizing the unique needs and point of view of each of his clients. Over the course of his career, Mr. Ross has achieved high rates of success in helping his clients obtain the best possible results to their legal issues. He has received a large number of awards for his dedication to providing quality representation to his clients, including being listed by Florida Trend magazine as a Florida Legal Elite.
Staying active in the legal community is a priority for Mr. Ross. He is a member of the Family Law Section of The Florida Bar, the Orange County Bar Association, the Seminole County Bar Association, the Volusia County Bar Association and the Flagler County Bar Association. Mr. Ross previously served as an adjunct professor at Daytona State College instructing students with respect to the practice of law and has provided lectures and guidance to peers concerning complex family law issues,
Practice areasFamily Law, Entertainment & Sports
Adoption, Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Entertainment, Sports & Leisure Law, Father's Rights, Juvenile Law, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Name Change, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Same Sex Family Law
- 90% Family Law
- 10% Entertainment & Sports
First Admitted: 1981, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://fldivorcesite.com/leonard-ross/
- Sacks v. Sacks 2004-30312-FMCI-30 Complex dissolution of marriage case involving custody, alimony, equitable distribution, an interest in the husband's business and the validity of a pre-nuptial agreement. A successful verdict was reached for the client on all issues.Reimer v. Reimer 2006-21558-FMCI-35This contested trial involved child custody, support, equitable distribution, complex discovery matters and attorneys. A successful ruling was issued in favor of our client.Diana Scheltens v. Gerald Scheltens 2007-31954-FMCI-30A dissolution of marriage case involving a long term marriage, equitable distribution and alimony. The case was resolved successfully through formal mediation.Additional cases available upon request. Mr. Ross has continued to represent clients in circuit court cases involving up and coming issues including same sex dissolutions of marriage and collaborative law cases. Mr. Ross represented the spouse of Ebony Wilkerson in the nationally publicized marital, juvenile and domestic violence cases involving a women who drove her three children into the ocean in Daytona Beach. On the appellate level, Mr. Ross represented the Appellant in the case of Corcoran v Corcoran Case No. 5DI4-1746 (opinion filed September 11, 2015) wherein the court reversed significant complex findings of the circuit court and remanded the issues. Mr. Ross continues to represent the former wife at the circuit court level wherein the trial court has already issued an Order on Appellate Remand that modifies its prior ruling deleting the requirement that the former wife pay attorney's fees and costs and modified additional findings of its original Final Judgment.
- Guest expert speaker on complex family law procedure at an accredited function by the Florida Bar., Invited expert speaker
- Adjunct Professor of Law at Daytona State College
- President and an award winning player for the four time State Championship Daytona Beach Rugby Team
- Long time youth basketball coach for girls and boys in competitive leagues throughout Central Florida
- Provided guidance to the young people in the Volusia County School System through mentoring, lectures and guidance
- Provided services involving parental coordination following a course of studies sanctioned by the Florida Bar
- Served as a guardian ad litem before the Florida Circuit Courts
- Florida Legal Elite Status
- Designated as Legal Elite Status pursuant to Florida Trend, Legal Elite/Florida Trend
- Collaberative is a legal process enabling couples to end their marriage by a voluntary process to meet with lawyers and experts together in an attempt to meet the specific needs of both parties and their children without the underlying threat of litigation., Collaberative Law, 2015
- Voted in the top one percent in the nation of Family and Marital Attorneys., Nation's Top One Percent, National Association of Distinguised Counsel, 2016
- Named to Florida Super Lawyers® List
- Regularly featured on public media avenues like CNN, Marie Claire, etc.
- Client Satisfaction Award, 10 Best, American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, 2017
- Leonard R. Ross has been selected by peer recognition as a State Legal Leader by Florida Trend magazine., State Legal Leaders, Florida Trend
- Editor, Vermont Law Review , 1980
- Qualified Florida Parenting Coordinator
- Recipient of an Award for Appellate Excellence
- Member of the Family Law Section of the Florida Bar
- Member of the Miami-Dade County Bar Association
- U.S. District for the Middle District of Florida, Member
- Member of the Seminole County Bar Association
- Member of the Flagler County Bar Association
- Former Chairman of the Florida Bar Fee Arbitration Committee for Central Florida
- Member of the Orange County Bar Association
- Member of the Volusia County Bar Association
- Member of the Broward County Bar Association
- Post Graduate Studies at the University of Florida resulted in a certification and license in life and variable annuities.
- Successfully passed the Major League Baseball Player/Agent certification exam
- Board Certified as a specialist in Marital and Family Law
- Trained in Collabrative Law
- Florida Board Certified Family Law Mediator
- The American University in Washington D.C., Bachelors of Science in Administration of Justice, 1978
- Youth division of Major League Baseball
Office location for Leonard R. Ross
500 N Oleander Ave
Daytona Beach, FL 32118
- Super Lawyers: 2015 - 2023