Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Selected to Rising Stars: 2010 - 2013
At Lawlor, White & Murphey, Attorney Ben Murphey represents plaintiffs in personal injury claims. His practice in South Florida covers maritime incidents, car accidents, legal malpractice, and disputes with insurance companies.
A U.S. Army veteran, Mr. Murphey brings a tenacious work ethic to his practice. He is a steadfast advocate for people who have suffered wrongdoing. Insurance providers often try to shortchange people of the compensation they are owed. Mr. Murphey pursues maximum awards on behalf of clients. He understands how important it is for injured parties to be able to afford medical care, recoup losses and have funds for related future expenses.
Mr. Murphey has represented clients before state and federal courts as well as before the U.S. Department of Labor, the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and appellate courts.
Having a practice focused on the client consistently yields exceptional results. Mr. Murphey has obtained considerable verdicts and settlements. As a testament to his success, he holds an Avvo “Superb” rating.
Outside his work with clients, Mr. Murphey is a member of the Palm Beach County Justice Association, the American Association for Justice, the Florida Justice Association, the Florida Admiralty Trial Lawyers Association, and the Broward County Bar Association.
Mr. Murphey graduated summa cum laude with an Associate of Arts from Miami-Dade College in 1999. He then graduated magna cum laude and earned a Bachelor of Arts in 2002 from Florida International University. In 2006, he graduated cum laude with a Juris Doctor from Nova Southeastern University Shepard Broad College of Law.
- 50%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10%Insurance Coverage
- 10%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 10%Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
Animal Bites, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Brain Injury, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Appeals, Bad Faith Insurance, Medical Malpractice, Birth Injury, Delayed or Incorrect Diagnosis, Medical Devices, Pharmaceutical, Admiralty & Maritime Law
- Super Lawyers: 2014 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2010 - 2013
About Ben Murphey
First Admitted: 2006, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://www.lwmpersonalinjurylawyers.com/fort-lauderdale-car...
- $251,315.91 JUDGMENT Dr. A worked for Advanced Orthopaedics under a written contract. When Advanced Orthopaedics failed to properly pay her, Dr. A sued her former employer for back wages. Mr. Murphey litigated this case to a jury verdict, and the jury awarded Dr. A every penny she claimed her employer failed to pay. This case represents Lawlor, White & Murphey’s ability to successfully litigate labor and employment cases.
- CONFIDENTIAL SETTLEMENT Mr. G and Mr. M worked for Performance Power, LLC under a written contract of employment. After Mr. G and Mr. M separated from Performance Power, Performance Power sued them for violation of a non-compete agreement, copyright infringement, FDUTPA violations, among other things. In answering the complaint, Ben Murphey of Lawlor, White & Murphey filed a counter claim for the unpaid wages. After protracted litigation, the case settled for a confidential amount.
- United States District Courts for the Northern Districts of Florida
- United States District Courts for the Middle Districts of Florida
- United States Courts of Appeal for the Federal and Eleventh Circuits
- United States District Courts for the Southern Districts of Florida
- Supreme Court of the United States
- Florida Bar, 2006
- Member, Florida Justice Association Broward Vanguard Committee, 2011-Present
- Member, Florida Admiralty Trial Lawyers Association, 2009-Present
- Member, Federal Bar Association, Broward Chapter, 2008-Present
- Director, Broward County Justice Association/Broward County Trial Lawyers Association, 2009-2011
- Past President, Broward County Justice Association/Broward County Trial Lawyers Association, 2012
- Member, The American Bar Association, 2006- Present
- Member, Broward County Justice Association/Broward County Trial Lawyers Association, 2006-Present
- Member, Florida Bar – The Appellate Practice, Trial Lawyers, Young Lawyers and Labor & Employment Sections, 2007-Present
- Moot Court Executive Board
- 10/10 Avvo Rating
- Selected as a Florida “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers, 2010-2013
- Selected as a “Super Lawyer”, 2014-2019
- Nova Law Review, articles editor
- Florida International University, B.A., magna cum laude & Phi Beta Kappa, 2002
- Miami-Dade Community College, A.A., summa cum laude, 1999
- If you were injured in a slip and fall accident in Fort Lauderdale, FL, contact the personal injury lawyers at Lawlor, White & Murphey for a premises liability consultation. , Lawlor White & Murphey | Premises Liability Lawyer | Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer, Fort Lauderdale, FL, Slip And Fall Accidents, Personal Injury, 2020
- Were you injured while riding in an Uber? The Fort Lauderdale Uber accident lawyers at Lawlor, White & Murphey can help you file a claim for compensation. , Uber Accident Lawyer Fort Lauderdale | Lawlor, White & Murphey, Uber Accidents, Car Accidents, Personal Injury, 2020
- If you were injured in a motorcycle accident, call the Fort Lauderdale personal injury lawyers at Lawlor, White & Murphey for a consultation. , Lawlor, White & Murphey | Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Fort Lauderdale, FL, Personal Injury, Motorcycle Accident, 2020
- If you were injured in a car accident in Fort Lauderdale, FL, call the personal injury lawyers at Lawlor, White & Murphey to schedule a consultation. , Lawlor, White & Murphey | Car Accident Lawyer Fort Lauderdale, FL, Personal Injury, Car Accidents, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Auto Accidents, 2020
- Were you injured while visiting a casino in or near Fort Lauderdale, FL? The casino injury lawyers at Lawlor, White & Murphey can help you file a claim. , Lawlor, White & Murphey | Casino Injury Lawyer Fort Lauderdale, FL, Personal Injury, Slip And Fall Accidents, Casino Injury, Premises Liability, 2019
- If you are injured in a truck accident in Fort Lauderdale, FL, call the experienced personal injury lawyers at Lawlor, White & Murphey to file a claim. , Lawlor, White & Murphey | Truck Accident Lawyer Fort Lauderdale, FL, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Truck Accidents, Personal Injury, 2019
- Were you injured in a boating accident? Call the maritime law attorneys at Lawlor, White & Murphey in Fort Lauderdale, FL for a consultation. , Maritime Law Attorneys Fort Lauderdale FL | Lawlor, White & Murphey, Maritime Law, Boating Accidents, 2019
- And Labor & Employment Sections
- Broward County Justice Association
- Florida Bar Appellate Practice
- Palm Beach County Justice Association
- The Broward Chapter Of The Federal Bar Association
- The Florida Admiralty Trial Lawyers Association
- Trial Lawyers
- Young Lawyers
- Immediately following a truck accident, it’s important to seek medical attention. Even if you feel fine, adrenaline… https://t.co/oHf8o6pg0p
- This past week, drivers across the southeastern U.S. were subject to a targeted law enforcement effort aimed at hel… https://t.co/eMkyUzFXB0
- Our firm has years of experience handling child injury cases. We will walk you through what to expect and answer al… https://t.co/P49VrJrf9V
- Happy 4th of July! https://t.co/etWhOkTzSc
- Non-economic losses refer to the non-monetary damages that occur as a result of a car accident. These include thing… https://t.co/H7LIhj6Njo
Last Updated: 5/15/2022