Christopher Q. Wintter
Top rated estate & trust litigation attorney in Fort Lauderdale, FloridaWintter Law
Christopher Q. Wintter, Esq. is an experienced trial attorney who is Board Certified by the Florida Bar in Wills, Trusts, and Estates. Fewer than 340 of the more than 110,000 licensed attorneys in Florida are Board Certified in Wills, Trusts, and Estates. Only a select few of the attorneys who are Board Certified in Wills, Trusts, and Estates are also seasoned trial lawyers with experience in handling probate and estate litigation, trust litigation, claims of undue influence, claims of lack of testamentary capacity and other probate and guardianship related issues.
Mr. Wintter has earned the *AV® Preeminent™ rating with LexisNexis Martindale Hubbell and has a perfect 10.0 Superb (Top Attorney Probate) by AVVO. Mr. Wintter was named in the Florida Super Lawyers list for 2011, 2012, 2014-2019 and selected for inclusion in the list of Best Lawyers in America for Trust and Estate Litigation in 2016-2019.
Mr. Wintter is currently serving on the Executive Council of the Real Property Probate and Trust Law section of the Florida Bar and serves on its Probate and Trust Litigation Committee, Probate Law and Procedure Committee, Trust Law Committee, and is Vice Chairman of the Committee on Jurisdiction and Due Process.
Mr. Wintter graduated from Duke Law School in 1987. Prior to becoming an attorney, Mr. Wintter was a CPA for Arthur Andersen & Co. in its Washington, D.C., office. His experience analyzing and evaluating tax matters, financial statements, accountings, and other types of financial data is an asset in cost effectively representing clients involved in Trust and Estate disputes.
Practice areasEstate & trust litigation, Estate planning & probate
Will contests, Estate planning, Guardianships & conservatorships, Living wills, Power of attorney, Probate & estate administration, Trusts, Wills
- 80% Estate & trust litigation
- 20% Estate planning & probate
First Admitted: 1987, Florida
Professional Webpage: http://www.wintterlaw.com/attorneys-wintter-christopher.php
- Pitfalls and Problems of Personal Liability for Attorneys Fees in Probate and Trust Litigation, Palm Beach Atlantic University Probate and Pumpernickel Series
- University of Florida, B.S., Accounting with High Honors, 1982
- Chairman, Grievance Committee 17(H) of the Florida Bar, 1994
- Vice President, South Broward Bar Association, 1992-1993
- Member, Trial Lawyers Section, Florida Bar
- Member, Probate Litigation Committee of the Real Property, Florida Bar
- President, South Broward Bar Association, 1993-1994
- Vice Chairman, Grievance Committee 17(H) of the Florida Bar, 1993
- Member, Elder Law Section, Florida Bar
- Member, Broward County Bar Association
- Faculty Member, National Institute of Trial Advocacy (NITA)
- Member, Grievance Committee 17(H) of the Florida Bar, 1992-1994
- Member, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section, Florida Bar
- Member, Probate and Trust Law Section, Florida
- Florida Bar Board Certified in Wills, Trusts and Estates, 1999
Office location for Christopher Q. Wintter
17 Rose Dr
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
- Super Lawyers: 2011 - 2012, 2014 - 2023
Certificates and credentials
Wills, Trust and Estates