Top rated Family Law attorney in Fort Lauderdale, FloridaLaw Offices of Forrest & Forrest, PLLC
Practice Areas: Family Law; view more
Licensed in Florida since: 2006
Languages Spoken: English, Spanish
Those in Fort Lauderdale who are dealing with family law issues benefit from the beliefs of Daniel E. Forrest of the Law Offices of Forrest & Forrest, PLLC.; that even complicated cases can be settled without prolonging litigation. His family law practice allows him to fulfill his passion specializing as an advocate for the rights of those who are dealing with matters of divorce, family law, paternity, child support, premarital agreements, parenting plans, visitation, custody, property division, post-judgment modifications, restraining orders, time-sharing, domestic violence, and equitable distribution.
Mr. Forrest is Board Certified in Marital & Family Law by The Florida Bar’s Board of Legal Specialization and Education.
In 2023, Daniel was nominated for the Justice Harry Lee Anstead Award for Florida Bar Board Certified Lawyer of the Year for his "exemplary professionalism, excellence, character and commitment to The Florida Bar’s certification program and to the practice of law.”
In 2021, 2022, and 2023, Mr. Forrest was selected for inclusion to Super Lawyers® Magazine, an honor afforded to no more than 5% percent of lawyers in Florida who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement.
Certified by the Florida Supreme Court as a Family Mediator and by the Board of Legal Specialization and Education of The Florida Bar in Marital & Family Law, Mr. Forrest has also received an Avvo “Superb” rating from his work with previous clients. For his commitment to legal ethics and professional accomplishments, he earned the highest peer rating possible of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell, which is the highest possible ranking given by Martindale-Hubble and serves a testament to the fact that fellow attorneys consider Mr. Forrest at the highest level of professional excellence. Only a select group of attorneys are ever awarded with this premier distinction.
He has been selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers® (“Rising Stars”) Magazine for 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018, an honor afforded to no more than 2.5% percent of lawyers in Florida.
A prolific writer with published works, Mr. Forrest authored Chapter 2 (Grounds For Dissolution And Effect Of Fault) of the 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th, and 15th Editions of The Florida Bar’s complete guide to dissolution of marriage, entitled, Florida Dissolution of Marriage.
Mr. Forrest is also a member of the Broward County Bar Association; the Family Law Section of The Florida Bar; and is admitted to practice in Florida, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit, the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida, the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida and the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida.
Mr. Forrest attended the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences at the University of Florida, where he earned a Bachelor of Arts with a major in history. Honored as a member of the Pro Bono National Honor Society and the Moot Court Honor Society, he obtained a Juris Doctor from Nova Southeastern University Shepard Broad College of Law in the same year he attended Pepperdine University School of Law’s renowned negotiation and settlement advocacy program.
He has lectured in the State of Florida as Faculty at the National Institute for Trial Advocacy (NITA) on Depositions Skills.
Mr. Forrest was voted by his peers for inclusion in Florida Trend Legal Elite magazine as an Up and Comer for 2016.
His practice is fully devoted to complex marital & family law cases, allowing Mr. Forrest to offer clients the in-depth legal knowledge they may require.
Mr. Forrest's clients consist of successful professionals, physicians, athletes, entertainers, entrepreneurs, businesspersons as well as attorneys.
He prides himself in his ability to settle sophisticated cases without the need for prolonged litigation. When the input of a court is necessary, however, Mr. Forrest has the experience, special knowledge, skills, and proficiency in law to achieve maximum results for his clients.
Mr. Forrest has been evaluated by The Florida Bar for professionalism, and tested for expertise.
He is recognized and certified by The Florida Bar as having the highest level of competency and experience in marital and family law.
Mr. Forrest is competitive, but compassionate, and always strives to achieve the best results for his clients.
Practice areasFamily Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Father's Rights, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Name Change, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Same Sex Family Law
- 100% Family Law
First Admitted: 2006, Florida
Professional Webpage: http://www.forrestesq.com/Attorneys/Daniel-E-Forrest.shtml
- The Florida Bar, Member, 2006
- Family Law Section of The Florida Bar, Member, 2006
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida, 2007, 2007
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida, 2007
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 2007, 2007
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 2007
- Broward County Bar Association, Member, 2006
- Pepperdine University School of Law, Malibu, California, Major: Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution - Negotiation and Settlement Advocacy, 2006
- University of Florida, College of Liberal Arts & Sciences, Gainesville, Florida, B.A., Honors: Dean's List, Honors: Pre-Law Honor Society, Major: History, 2002
- Re-Certified as a Specialist in Marital & Family Law by The Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education, 2017
- Florida Supreme Court Certified Family Mediator, 2013
- Board Certified in Marital & Family Law by The Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education, 2012
- Florida Dissolution of Marriage, Chapter 2 - Grounds For Dissolution And Effect of Fault, The Florida Bar, 14th Edition, 2020
- Faculty, Deposition Skills: Florida, NITA - National Institute for Trial Advocacy, 2017
- Florida Dissolution of Marriage, Chapter 2 - Grounds For Dissolution And Effect of Fault, The Florida Bar, 13th Edition, 2017
- Chapter 2 - Grounds For Dissolution And Effect of Fault, Author, Florida Dissolution of Marriage, 12th Edition, The Florida Bar, 2015
- Florida Dissolution of Marriage, Chapter 2 - Grounds For Dissolution And Effect of Fault, The Florida Bar, 12th Edition, 2014
- Florida Dissolution of Marriage, Chapter 2 - Grounds For Dissolution And Effect of Fault, The Florida Bar, 11th Edition, 2012
- Florida Dissolution of Marriage, Chapter 2 - Grounds For Dissolution And Effect of Fault, The Florida Bar, 10th Edition, 2010
- 2021: "Super Lawyers" - An honor afforded to no more than 5% percent of lawyers in Florida who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement, Super Lawyers®, 2021
- AV- Preeminent Rated , 5.0 out of 5.0 Overall Peer Rating in Family Law - the highest possible ranking, Martindale-Hubbell
- 2018: "Rising Stars" - An honor afforded to no more than 2.5 percent of lawyers in Florida, Super Lawyers®, 2018
- 2017: "Rising Stars" - An honor afforded to no more than 2.5 percent of lawyers in Florida, 2017, Super Lawyers®, 2017
- 2017: "Up and Comer" - Respected by their peers for excellence in law, these 148 attorneys under 40 years old represent the future of the legal profession in Florida. These attorneys garnered the most votes in a special category for attorneys under the age of 40 who have exhibited leadership in the law and in their community., Florida Legal Elite, 2016
- "Rising Stars" - An honor afforded to no more than 2.5 percent of lawyers in Florida (2010, 2011, 2014, 2015, and 2016), Super Lawyers®, 2016
Office location for Daniel Forrest
450 East Las Olas Boulevard
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2010 - 2011, 2014 - 2018
Certificates and credentials
Marital & Family Law