Donna Greenspan Solomon
Top Rated Appellate Attorney in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Donna Greenspan Solomon, Esq., handles business-related litigation, appeals, mediation, and arbitration. She also co-counsels and serves as a freelance business litigator for those wishing to expand the bench strength of their practices without increasing their overhead.
Donna brings to her various roles a uniquely blended perspective. Donna was the first attorney certified by The Florida Bar as both Appellate Specialist and Business Litigator. She is a Member of the Florida Supreme Court Committee on Standard Jury Instructions - Contract and Business Cases. She is a former Chair of The Florida Bar Business Litigation Certification Committee. Donna is also a Member of the AAA's Roster of Arbitrators (Commercial Panel). She is a FINRA Chair-Approved and Florida Supreme Court Qualified Arbitrator. She is a Certified Circuit, Appellate, and Family Mediator. She is rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell.
After graduating from law school at the top of her class, Donna clerked at the Fourth District Court of Appeal for Justice Barbara J. Pariente. Following her clerkship, Donna was with the national law firm Edwards Angell Palmer & Dodge for twelve years. Donna opened her own firm, Solomon Appeals, Mediation & Arbitration, in 2011.
Before becoming a lawyer, Donna was a CPA with an MBA in finance. After working for Price Waterhouse in New York City, she became a Manager of Accounting and Financial Reporting for Penn Central Corporation. After moving to Florida in 1987, Donna became an Assistant Vice President/Manager of Financial Reporting for Intercontinental Bank in Miami, and then performed financial systems analysis for American Express before entering law school.
Certificates and Credentials
- Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization
About Donna Greenspan Solomon
First Admitted: 1995, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://www.solomonappeals.com
- 1992-1995, Corpus Juris Secundum (Highest Grade) Awards: Evidence; Legal Research & Writing; Securities Regulation; Corporate Finance; Corporate Tax; Corporate Workshop; Professional Responsibility; Criminal Procedure; Criminal Law.
- "And Justice for All" Pro Bono Award from the Legal Aid Society
- AVDA and YMCA National Domestic Violence Awareness Award
Pro bono/Community Service
- Legal Aid Society of Palm Beach County, Florida Supreme Court, and Florida Pro Bono Coordinators Association, Pro Bono Award, 2005
- Legal Aid Society of Palm Beach County, “And Justice for All” Pro Bono Award, 2000
- AVDA and YWCA National Domestic Violence Awareness Award, 2001
- Florida Association for Women Lawyers, Public Service Committee, Battered Women Amicus Project, 2001
- JD, Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broad Law Center, 1995
- Florida Bar Certified as an Appellate Practice Specialist (since 2003) Florida Bar Certified as a Specialist in Business Litigation (since 2007) , 2007
- Panel Moderator: Arbitration Under Revised Ch. 682, Panel Moderator, Arbitration Under Revised Ch. 682, Palm Beach County Bar Association, Legal, ADR, 2016
- Panel Moderator: Building a Successful Arbitration Practice, Panel Moderator, Building a Successful Arbitration Practice, Palm Beach County Bar Association, Legal, ADR, 2018
- Moderator: Arbitration - Love it/Hate it Q&A, Panel Moderator, Arbitration - Love it/Hate it Q&A, Palm Beach County Bar Association, Legal, ADR, 2017
- Panel Presentation: MC Consultant's 2nd Annual East Region Construction Defect Conference in Boca Raton, FL on May 28-29, 2009, 2009
- Panel Discussion: What Practitioners Need to Know About Arbitration, Panel Moderator, What Practitioners Need to Know About Arbitration, Palm Beach County Bar Association, Legal, ADR, 2019
- Presentation: “Avoiding Bad Faith When Receiving a Policy Limits Demand: The ‘Bad Faith Setup’ & Other Hazards”, November 5, 2008
- "Auditors' failure to issue going-concern opinion not liable for damages under 'deepening insolvency' theory," Of Mutual Interest, CPA Mutual Insurance Company of America, August 2008
- “It’s not just ‘income’ anymore” Of Mutual Interest, CPA Mutual Insurance Company of America, December 15, 2007
- Recent rulings turn tide; insurers regain some attorney-client privilege,” co-author, Daily Business Review, August 7, 2007
- “Florida Appellate Court Holds That Injured Third Party Sing Tortfeasor’s Insurer for Bad Faith is Not Entitled to Privileged Comunications Between Insured, Insurer, and their Joint or Separate Counsel,” Edwards Angell Palmer & Dodge Client Advsiory, June 14, 2007
- “Bad Faith Claims and Discovery in the Sunshine State,” co-author, Florida Real Estate Journal, May 31, 2007
- “Florida Appellate Court Recognizes New Statutory Bad Faith Cause of Action in Medical Maopractice Claims,” Edwards Angell Palmer & Dodge Client Advisory, May 22, 2007.
- Florida Association for Women Lawyers, Palm Beach County Chapter (President, 2001-2002; Vice-President, 2000-2001; Treasurer, 1999-2000, 2019
- Supreme Court of Florida Committee on Standard Jury Instructions, Contract and Business Cases, 2016
- Leadership Palm Beach County, 2005
- Business Litigation Certification Comittee, 2013
- American Inns of Court (Co-Membership Chair, 2000-2001; Small Group Leader 1999-2000)
Last Updated: 5/15/2022