Erin Pogue Newell
Top rated appellate attorney in Fort Lauderdale, FloridaFlorida Appeals
An attorney at Florida Appeals, Erin Pogue Newell represents clients in the state of Florida with a focus on those in South Florida and the Fort Lauderdale area. Her legal focus includes matters of civil litigation, business and corporate law, family law and appellate law. With a decade of experience, she has proven herself in both federal and state courts and offers trial support and appellate services to her clients.
Ms. Newell earned her Juris Doctor degree from University of St. Thomas School of Law. While graduating in the top 10% of her class, she also earned the CALI Book Award in legal research and writing, torts and constitutional law. Before attending law school, she graduated magna cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts degree from Manhattan College. During her undergraduate years, her focus was on English and secondary education.
A member of the Broward County Bar Association, Ms. Newell is also involved with The Florida Bar’s Appellate Practice Section. Through the Young Lawyers Division of The Florida Bar, she participated in Disaster Legal Services as a volunteer attorney, and she is also a volunteer attorney for the COVID-19 Pro Bono Legal Response Project.
Admitted to practice in the state of Florida, Ms. Newell is also admitted to practice before many federal courts. These include the United States Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit and the United States District Court for the Middle and Southern Districts of Florida.
Practice areasAppellate, Family law, Business/corporate, Civil litigation: plaintiff
- 60% Appellate
- 20% Family law
- 10% Business/corporate
- 10% Civil litigation: plaintiff
First Admitted: 2012, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://floridaappeals.com/overview/attorneys-staff/erin-pog...
- 2021 Florida Rising Stars list in Appellate Practice
- Member of the Appellate Practice Section of the Florida Bar
- Member of the Family Law Section of The Florida Bar
- Member of the Broward County Bar Association
- Attorney Volunteer on the Covid-19 Pro Bono Legal Response Project
- Attorney Volunteer on additional Disaster Legal Services through the Florida Bar Young Lawyers Division
- Manhattan College, Riverdale, NY, Bachelor of Arts in English and Secondary Education, Magna Cum Laude, 2006
Office location for Erin Pogue Newell
1 Financial Plaza
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33394
- Rising Stars: 2021 - 2023