Top rated construction litigation attorney in Fort Lauderdale, FloridaMalka & Kravitz, P.A.
Practice Areas: Construction litigation, Appellate; view more
Licensed in Florida since: 2003
A partner with Malka & Kravitz, P.A., Ian Todd Kravitz is devoted to serving his clients in Fort Lauderdale and throughout Florida. Board certified in construction law by The Florida Bar, he also practices in other areas, such as property and real estate, contracts and corporate law.
Mr. Kravitz is admitted to practice in all state and federal courts in Florida, as well as in front of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 1st Circuit. He is also admitted to practice in Washington, D.C., and in front of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit.
Mr. Kravitz attended law school at the Shepard Broad Law Center at Nova Southeastern University in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, where he graduated summa cum laude. While in law school, he was a member of the Nova Law Review and served on the executive board for the Moot Court Honor Society. Prior to law school, Mr. Kravitz earned a master's degree at Nova Southeastern University in Davie, Florida, graduating in 1997. He completed his undergraduate coursework at Florida State University, graduating in 1992 with a major in biology.
In addition to his legal practice, Mr. Kravitz has participated in a number of professional organizations. He has served as a member of the construction law committees for both the Broward County Bar Association and the Florida Bar. He is also a member of the American Bar Association. Mr. Kravitz is also qualified in many areas of alternative dispute resolution. He is a Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Court Mediator, a Florida Supreme Court Qualified Arbitrator, as well as a Qualified Trial Resolution Judge. Mr. Kravitz is available to serve in any such capacities, in addition to his litigation practice.
Among other honors Mr. Kravitz has received over the years, he was listed in the publication "Best Lawyers in America."* He has earned the rating AV Preeminent** from Martindale-Hubbell, the highest rating from the attorney peer-review service.
*The Best Lawyers in America® 2013. Copyright 2013 by Woodward/White, Inc., Aiken, SC
**AV-Preeminent and BV-Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasConstruction litigation: business, Construction litigation: consumer, Appellate, Business litigation
Construction defects, Appeals
- 60% Construction litigation: business
- 20% Construction litigation: consumer
- 10% Appellate
- 10% Business litigation
First Admitted: 2003, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://www.mkpalaw.com/attorney/ian-t-kravitz/
- Board Certified in Construction Law by the Florida Bar, May 1, 2009
- Disabled Americans for Equal Access, Inc. v. Ferries Del Caribe, 405 F.3d 60 (1st Cir. Ct Appeal 2005)
- Lock Realty Corp. IV v. Regal General Contractors, Inc., 2006 WL 752830 (M.D. Fla. 2006)
- Sawyer v. Florida Development Associates, Ltd., 2007 WL 981743 (Fla. 3d DCA 2007)
- H&R Paving, Inc. v. Budget Construction Co., Inc., 925 So. 2d 324 (Fla. 3d DCA 2005)
- Nova Law Review, Member, 2000 - 2002, Nova Southeastern Law University, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- District of Columbia, 2003
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida, 2003
- U.S. Court of Appeals District of Columbia Circuit
- Florida Bar, Member, Construction Law Committee, 2005 - 2009
- Florida, 2002
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 2003
- U.S. Court of Appeals 1st Circuit, 2004
- American Bar Association, Member
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida, 2003
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 2003
- Broward County Bar Association, Member, Construction Law Committee, 2005 - 2009
- Nova Southeastern University, Davie, Florida, M.S., Major: Psychology, 1997
- Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida, B.S., Major: Biology, 1992
- Best Lawyers in Florida, 2012
- Super Lawyers, 2012
- AV - Preeminent rating by Martindale Hubbell, May 4, 2010
- Best Lawyers in America, 2013
- Avvo Superb 10.0 Rating, Avvo.com, 2012
- Moot Court Honor Society, Executive Board Member, Nova Southeastern Law University, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Martindale-Hubbell’s “Top Rated Lawyers” magazine for 2012
Office location for Ian Kravitz
1300 Sawgrass Corporate Pkwy
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33323
- Super Lawyers: 2015 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2012 - 2013
Certificates and credentials
See legal Q & A provided by Ian Kravitz
Q: How Do I Protect My Right To Record A Claim Of Lien Against Property In Florida?A: In Florida, some involved in the construction industry (lienors) have the right to record a claim of lien, sometimes referred to as a mechanic’s … See all answers by Ian Kravitz