Robert B. Judd
Top rated estate & trust litigation attorney in Fort Lauderdale, FloridaOlive Judd P.A.
Practice Areas: Estate & trust litigation, Estate planning & probate; view more
Licensed in Florida since: 1985
Attorney Robert B. Judd is a shareholder with the Olive Judd, P.A., law firm in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Nationally recognized as a preeminent lawyer, Mr. Judd has more than 35 years of legal experience. He represents clients throughout South Florida who have legal needs involving any of the following:
· Estate and health care planning, including wills, trusts, health care directives, living wills and powers of attorney
· Probate and trust administration
· Probate and trust litigation
· Fiduciary-related litigation
· Tax-exempt organizations
A native of New York, Mr. Judd has called Fort Lauderdale his home since 1985. As such, he has a genuine interest in the legal issues that affect his clients' lives. He delivers highly personalized counsel and support to help them protect themselves and their assets for the future while assisting them with creating lasting legacies that will serve their heirs and loved ones.
Moreover, Mr. Judd is very active in his local community, and he has served on the board of various civic and charitable organizations throughout his area, including the Broward Performing Arts Foundation, the Florida Council on Arts and Culture, and the Community Foundation of Broward. He has also served as president of the Josephine S. Leiser Foundation and as trustee of the Salah Foundation.
A 1982 graduate of American University, Mr. Judd attended The Catholic University of America's Columbus School of Law, where he was heavily involved with the school's Catholic University Law Review. He obtained his Juris Doctor in 1985, and he holds his license to practice in the District of Columbia as well as Florida.
Widely regarded as a leader in his field, Mr. Judd has numerous publications to his credit, and he has conducted lectures and seminars across his region on a variety of topics related to estate planning and elder law. He is also an active member of The Florida Bar, the District of Columbia Bar and the Broward County Bar Association, among his other professional affiliations.
Mr. Judd holds an AV Preeminent peer-review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell, and he has received consistent recognition from The Best Lawyers in America for trusts and estates each year since 2006. He is also the recipient of the organization's 2019 Lawyer of the Year award for trusts and estate litigation.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasEstate & trust litigation, Estate planning & probate
Will contests, Estate planning, Living wills, Power of attorney, Probate & estate administration, Trusts, Wills
- 80% Estate & trust litigation
- 20% Estate planning & probate
First Admitted: 1985, Florida
Professional Webpage: http://www.hojlaw.com/attorneys/robert-judd/
- Community Foundation of Broward, Board of Directors, 2004-2010
- Florida Council on Arts and Culture, Member, 2010-2018
- Salah Foundation, Trustee, 2016-2018
- Josephine S. Leiser Charitable Foundation, Inc., President
- Florida Arts Council, Council Member
- Fort Lauderdale Historical Society, Donor Committee Member
- Broward Performing Arts Foundation, Inc., Board of Directors, 2003-2018
- Florida Bar Association
- District of Columbia
- Broward County Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Broward County Planned Giving Council
- Broward County Estate Planning Council
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2019 “Lawyer of the Year” – Litigation / Trust and Estates
- The Best Lawyers in America, Trusts and Estates, 2006-2012
- Florida Super Lawyers
- Leopold Schepp Foundation Scholarship, recipient
- AV Rated as independently determined by Martindale-Hubbell
- American University, B.S.B.A., 1982
- Catholic University Law Review
- “Charities: Keeping Your Seat at the Table by Knowing and Exercising Your Rights” Presentation
- 15th Annual Planned Giving Council Symposium
- “Estate Planning Issues for the Non-Traditional Family” Seminar
- “The Charitable Gift Gone Wrong: Charitable Litigation” Presentation
- Broward Center for the Performing Arts Foundation Estate Planning Seminar
- Florida Grand Opera Estate Planning Seminar
- “Understanding What Drives Individuals to Philanthropy” Presentation
- 25th Annual Planned Giving Council Symposium
Office location for Robert B. Judd
2426 East Las Olas Boulevard
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2009, 2012 - 2023
Find me online
- #LLC#Single Members "Pitfalls of Single Members LLCs in Florida - Fraudulent Transfers Affecting Judgment Creditors" https://t.co/cvPhh2MLF6
- Hackleman, Olive & Judd Represents Buyer in $87M Commercial Real Estate Transaction - Hackleman, Olive & Judd, P.A. https://t.co/exGIW7Yemy
- Discharging Lis Pendens in Property Disputes - Hackleman, Olive & Judd, P.A. https://t.co/blRaecwNc1