Robert W. Sidweber
Top rated family law attorney in Fort Lauderdale, FloridaSidweber & Weintraub, P.A.
Practice Areas: Family law, Alternative dispute resolution; view more
Licensed in Florida since: 1980
Education: Nova Southeastern University Shepard Broad College of Law
Sidweber & Weintraub, P.A.3020 N.E. 32nd Avenue
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308 Visit website
Attorney Robert W. Sidweber is a partner with Sidweber & Weintraub, P.A., a law firm in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Board-certified in marital and family law by The Florida Bar's Board of Legal Specialization and possessing more than 40 years of legal experience, Mr. Sidweber provides invaluable counsel and support to clients throughout South Florida who are going through a divorce or need assistance with some other serious family law issue.
Among his other legal credentials, Mr. Sidweber serves as a Florida Supreme Court Certified Family Law Mediator, and he has achieved remarkable success helping his clients resolve their conflicts and reach favorable agreements without the need for expensive and time-consuming litigation. However, he will not hesitate to take his clients' issue to court when necessary, and he always aggressively pursues the positive results his clients seek in the best manner possible depending on the circumstances of the case.
In honor of his impeccable professionalism and outstanding client service, Mr. Sidweber has earned an AV Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell along with consistent recognition from The Best Lawyers in America. He has also received perennial designation from the South Florida Legal Guide as a Top Lawyer in his area, and The Wall Street Journal named him among the top Florida attorneys in 2013. He has also received "Superb" client ratings on Avvo as well as the site's Clients' Choice Award.
A 1977 graduate of Florida Atlantic University, Mr. Sidweber obtained his Juris Doctor in 1980 from Nova Southeastern University's Shepard Broad Law Center. A proven leader in his legal community, he has served as chairperson, vice chairperson, secretary and CLE chair of the Broward County Bar Association's Family Law Section and is active in the South Florida family law community, in all respects. He is a fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers , on the AAML examining committee and is chairperson of its membership committee.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Best Lawyers® and The Best Lawyers in America© are registered trademarks of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC. The names, logo, and database are protected under the trademark, copyright, and fair use laws of the United States of America. Any use of name, including in electronic form, must be made only by permission and under the guidelines of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC.
Practice areasFamily law, Alternative dispute resolution
Alimony & spousal support, Child support, Custody & visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic violence, Paternity, Prenuptial agreements, Marital property, Same sex family law, Father's rights, Mediation
- 90% Family law
- 10% Alternative dispute resolution
First Admitted: 1980, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://sidweberlaw.com/bob/
- Florida Bar Association Family Law Section (Member) A continuous member in good standing, since 1980
- Family Law Bar & Bench Liaison Committee, Broward County, FL (Previous)
- Florida Bar Association (Member) A continuous member in good standing, since 1980
- Professionalism Commission of the 17th Judicial Circuit, Broward County, FL (Previous)
- Broward County Bar Association (Member) A continuous member in good standing, since 1980, Secretary of the Family Law Section, 1994-1995, CLE Chair of the Family Law Section, 1995-1996, Vice Chairperson of the Family Law Section, 1996-1997, Chairperson of the Family Law Section, 1997-1998
- Florida Bar Board Certified in Marital and Family Law, 1995, Recertified in June 2000, June 2005, June 2010 and in June 2015
- Florida Supreme Court Certified Family Law Mediator, May 1999, Recertified in 2001, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2013 and 2015.
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers Certified in Collaborative Law, March 2000
- Fellow, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- "Top Lawyer" in the prestigious South Florida Legal Guide, for the past several years including 2016.
- "AV" peer review rating by Martindale-Hubbell (16 years of being AV rated)
- Selected as "Best Lawyers in America" in the specialty of Family Law 2010-2016 editions.
- Included as one of Florida's "Super Lawyers", from 2006 through 2016
- Recognized as "Florida's Top Attorneys 2013", the Wall Street Journal
- Miami Dade/Florida Atlantic University, 1977, BA degree
Office location for Robert W. Sidweber
3020 N.E. 32nd Avenue
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2023
Certificates and credentials
Marital & Family Law