Alan J. Rubinstein
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Fort Myers, FL
Attorney Alan J. Rubinstein is the president of the Rubinstein & Holz law firm in Fort Myers, Florida. Board certified in family and marital law by The Florida Bar and possessing more than 54 years of legal experience, Mr. Rubinstein represents individuals and families throughout Lee County and all across the state who are going through a divorce or have some other serious family law issue they need to address.
Nationally recognized as one of the top lawyers in the country, Mr. Rubinstein has achieved notable success counseling and guiding his clients through some of the most difficult and emotionally challenging times in their lives. In all cases, he treats his clients with the dignity and respect they deserve as he helps protect their rights and interests while fighting to achieve the favorable outcomes they seek for their legal issues involving child custody and support, alimony, equitable distribution, domestic violence protections, post-judgment modifications, and more.
Among the many awards and honors he has received throughout his career, Mr. Rubinstein holds an AV Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell, and he has earned regular commendation from The Best Lawyers in America since 1989. In addition, he has received the Chair's Special Award of Merit and the Chair's Special Appreciation Award from The Florida Bar Family Law Section for his selfless contributions and volunteer efforts.
Highly active in his legal community, Mr. Rubinstein has held a number of leadership roles with the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, and he has served on several committees and panels of The Florida Bar. A leader in his field, he has numerous publications to his credit, and he has conducted many lectures and seminars across his region on a variety of family law topics.
Mr. Rubinstein graduated from the University of Miami in 1963 and obtained his Juris Doctor from the University of Florida Levin College of Law in 1965. Along with practicing before all of Florida's state courts, he is also admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of the United States.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Best Lawyers® and The Best Lawyers in America© are registered trademarks of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC. The names, logo, and database are protected under the trademark, copyright, and fair use laws of the United States of America. Any use of name, including in electronic form, must be made only by permission and under the guidelines of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC.
About Alan J. Rubinstein
First Admitted: 1965, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://www.rubinstein-holz.com/Attorneys/Alan-J-Rubinstein....
- Chair's Award of Merit, April 1999
- Top Lawyers
- Best Lawyer, Best Lawyers of America, 2016 & Commended on being recognized by peers since 1989
- Preeminent Lawyer, Martindale Hubbell, 2016
- Chair's Special Appreciation Award, 1996, Family Law Section of the Florida Bar
- Chair's Special Merit Award, 1994, Family Law Section of the Florida Bar
- Chair's Special Award of Merit 1999, Family Law Section of the Florida Bar
- Speaker: "Arbitration - Trial Alternatives," The Florida Bar Mid-Year Convention and CLE Seminar, January 2002
- Speaker: "Tire Use of Computers ill Marriage Dissolution Litigation," The Florida Bar Family Law Section CLE Seminar, January 1988
- Speaker: "The J. Peace Anagram" Gulf Coast Paralegal Assn. continuing education meeting, October 2009
- Speaker: "Florida Law Section Review'' Gulf Coast Paralegal Assn. review course for the National Assn. of Legal Assistants Certified Paralegal Examination, November 2009
- Speaker: "Ten Tips from Experienced Litigators" Lee County Family Law Brown Bag Continuing Legal Education (CLE) Luncheon, November 2009
- Speaker: "Automating a Family Law Practice," The Florida Bar Family Law Section CLE Seminar, 1984
- Speaker: "Family Law," Florida Legal Assistant Annual Meeting, Fort Lauderdale, 1986
- Speaker: "Negotiation Strategies and Techniques for tire Family Law Practitioners," The Florida Bar Family Law Section CLE Seminars, 1986-87
- Speaker: "Ethical Considerations for tire Family Law Practitioner, " The Florida Bar Family Law and General Practice Section CLE Seminar, 1987
- Speaker: "Direct and Cross Examination of a Vocatio11a/ Rehabilitation Expert," American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Florida Chapter Annual Symposium, May 1997
- Speaker: "Selected Issues for the Family Lawyer," and "Case Law Update," Family Law Section of The Florida Bar CLE Seminar, October 1993
- Speaker: "Virtual Reality," and "Case law Update," Family Law Section of The Florida Bar CLE Seminar, December 1993, January 1994
- Speaker: "Florida law Update - Family law,'' General Practice Section CLE Seminar, The Florida Bar Annual Convention, June 1995
- Guest Instructor, Family Law Practicum, University of Florida, College of Law; Summer 1983, Summer 1984, Fall 1985 and October 1991
- Speaker: "Drafting a Mediated Marital Settlement Agreement." The Florida Bar Mid-Year Convention CLE Seminar, January 2002
- Speaker: "Law Office Automation, " Florida Academy of Trial Lawyers, CLE Seminar, January 1988
- Speaker: "The New Equitable Distribution Statute,'' "Date of Valuation," The Florida Bar Family Law Section CLE, November 1988
- Speaker: "Child Support Guidelines and Enforcement: A Roadmap to F.S. 61.30 and Direction to New Roads in Enforcement Seminar," The Florida Bar Family Law Section CLE Seminar, 1989 Midyear Meeting
- Speaker: "Date of Valuation Under the New Equitable Distribution Act," The Florida Bar Family Law Section CLE Seminar, 1988-1989
- Speaker: "Amount of Alimony - Impact of the Child Support Guidelilles" and "Evaluating Alternative lump-Sum and Periodic Alimony Payment Schemes,'' Professional Education Systems, Inc. CLE Seminars, September 1991
- Speaker: "Selected Issues for the Family lawyer," and "Case law Update," Family Law Section of The Florida Bar CLE Seminar, October 1993
- "Negotiation Strategies and Teclrniq11es for the Familv Law Practitioner," The Florida Bar Family Law Section CLE Publication, 1986 - 1987
- Adjunct Instructor, "Role of the Legal Assistant", Florida International University, 1985
- "Dissolution of Marriage," chapter addressing preparing for family law trial. The Florida Bar Family Law Section CLE Manual, 1984
- "Automation: Use of Word Processing Systems, Forms, Video Tapes and other Modem Tools in a Divorce Litigation Practice"
- "Checklist for New Tax Changes," The Matrimonial Strategist, November and December, 1984
- "A11tomating a Family Law Practice, "The Florida Bar Family Law Section CLE Seminar, 1984
- "How to Compute the LANDA Y Formula," The Family Law Commentator, June 1985 (also referenced in the AFTL Journal No. 276)
- "Divorce in Florida," co-author, pamphlet published by The Florida Bar, 1986
- "Client Relations: Keeping in Touc/1, "The Matrimonial Strategist, October 1986
- "Helping Clients Reach a Settlement With Their Spouses, "The Matrimonial Strategist, May 1986
- ''Volume 6: Domestic Relations, Florida Legal Forms," lead author with Marie Devine and Stephen Thompson, comprehensive family law forms (one of IO-volume series), West Publishing Company, 1990; additionally published annual updates reflecting changes in law
- "Date of Valuation Under the New Equitable Distribution Act, 1988," The Florida Bar Family Law Section CLE publication chapter, 1988
- "Date of Valuation Under the New Equitable Distribution Act," co-author, Florida Family Law Reporter, Vol. 4, No. 2, Matthew Bender, February 1989
- "Ethics Corner," Family Law Commentator, series of articles published quarterly from 1987 to 1988
- "Chapter 5: Automation (Drafting Marriage Contracts 111 Florida)," The Florida Bar CLE Manual, Second Edition, Spring 1988
- "Chapter 50: Representing Clients br Divorce Cases," Florida Family Law, part of a six volume treatise, Matthew Bender
- "The Florida Child Support Guidelines, Florida Statute §6 I.30," Lead author The Florida Bar Family Law Section CLE publication, 1989
- "Recent Decisions," lead author of the annual case-law summary published by the Family Law section of the Florida Bar, Family Law Commentator committee, 1991-2010
- University of Miami, Coral Gables, Florida, B.A. - 1963
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1971
- · American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Client's Bill of Rights Committee, 1993 - 1995 · American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Chairperson - Brief Bank · American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Board of Managers 1985-1992, 1995-1998, 1996-Present · American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Sub-Board of Examiners, 1985 - 1991 · The Florida Bar, Member, 1965 - Present · The Florida Bar Specialization & Education, Application Review Panel Member, 2000 · The Florida Bar, Member, Family Court Rules Committee, 1993 - 1994 · The Florida Bar, Member, Subcommittee on Rules · The Florida Bar, Member, Subcommittee on Comments to the Rules · Board Certified in Family and Marital Law by the Florida State Bar
- Florida, 1965
- Family Law, State Bar of Florida, 1985
Last Updated: 5/15/2022