Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Fort Myers, FL
For 30 years, attorney Rana Holz has been focusing her efforts on representing Florida families. A partner at the law firm of Rubinstein & Holz in Fort Myers, Florida, she helps her clients navigate complex legal issues such as divorce and separation, alimony, child support and custody, paternity, parental relocation, post-decree modifications and property division.
Known for building personal relationships with her clients, Ms. Holz understands the stress that a legal issue puts on families and the need for compassionate and efficient counsel. She tries to settle disputes outside court but is aware of when to kick the case into a higher gear and litigate matters in court.
A graduate of the University of Florida, Gainesville, Ms. Holz completed her Bachelor of Science in telecommunications in 1985. She received her Doctor of Jurisprudence from Stetson University College of Law and was authorized to practice law in Florida in 1991. She was later admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida.
Board-certified as a specialist in marital and family law by The Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization, Ms. Holz is peer-review rated AV Preeminent* through Martindale-Hubbell for her professional standards and accomplishments.
Recognized for her valuable services to The Florida Bar, Ms. Holz has served the organization in several leadership positions including as the executive council member of its Family Law Section. She also functioned on the board of directors of the Lee County Association of Family Law Professionals.
Ms. Holz has authored several articles on family law topics and was given the “Special Award” by The Florida Bar for her publications and contributions. For about two years, she worked as an editor of The Florida Bar Journal’s Family Law Section column. She also frequently presents at continuing legal education seminars and conferences across Florida.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 100%Family Law
Adoption, Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Divorce, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property
- Super Lawyers: 2007 - 2013, 2015 - 2022
Certificates and Credentials
- Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization
Marital & Family Law
About Rana Holz
First Admitted: 1991, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://www.rubinstein-holz.com/attorney/rana-holz/
- Chair's Special Award of Merit, The Florida Bar Family Law Section, 1999
- Recognized as a Super Lawyer
- AV rated by Martindale Hubbell
- Certificate of Appreciation, Twentieth Judicial Circuit, Family Court Consortium Total Quality Initiative Project
- Certificate of Appreciation, The Florida Bar Continuing Education Committee, 1998-1999
- Award of Merit, National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, 1997
- Special Award, Publications and Contributions, The Florida Bar Family Law Section, 1996-1997
- Continuing Legal Education Award, The Florida Bar Family Law Section, 1998
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell. Chair's Special Award of Merit for outstanding service to the Family Law Section in 1999
- Recent Decisions (Co-Author with Alan Rubinstein), Family Law Commentator, 1996-Present
- Hot Tip for Using Demonstrative Aides at Trial (Co-Author), Family Law Commentator, June, 1996
- A Practical Approach to Child Support Calculations in Split Custody Cases, Family Law Commentator, December, 1996
- Ten Phrases to Get a Conversation Back on Track, Family Law Commentator, September, 1998
- Finley v. Scott: The Good Fortune is that Judges Can Use Their Discretion, Family Law Commentator, December, 1998
- Distinguishing Legitimacy from Paternity: Has Legitimacy Become a Label Without Substance? (Co-Author), The Florida Bar Journal, March, 1999
- Child Support Myths and Truths: Exploring the Assumptions Underlying Florida's Statutory Guidelines (Co-Author), The Florida Bar Journal, October, 1999
- What Every Family Lawyer Should Know about UIFSA, Family Law Commentator, June, 2000
- Chapter 12: Child Support, Florida Dissolution of Marriage Continuing Legal Education Manual, 5th-7th Editions, 1998
- Florida, 1991
- Harmonium of St. Cecilia's Vocal Ensemble, 1996 to 1999
- St. Cecilia's Catholic Community Folk Choir, Cantor, 1995 to 2002
- Allen Park Elementary Parent-Teacher Association, Parent Volunteer, 2005 to 2006
- Delta Gamma Fraternity, Fort Myers Area Alumnae Chapter
- Association of Family Law Professionals, Board of Directors, 1998 to 2000
- Association of Family Law Professionals, Member, 1996 to Present
- Lee County Young Lawyers Committee, Chair, 1997 to 1998
- Lee County Young Lawyers Committee, 1995 to 1999
- Lee County Bar Association, 1995 to Present
- The Florida Bar, Family Law Section Committee Service, Co-Chair, 2001 to 2003
- The Florida Bar, Family Law Section Committee Service, Vice Chair, 2000
- The Florida Bar, Family Law Section Committee Service, Family Law Commentator, 1997 to 2003
- The Florida Bar, Family Law Section Committee Service, Vice Chair, 2001
- The Florida Bar, Family Law Section Committee Service, Support Issues Committee, 1998 to 2001
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 2002
- The Florida Bar, Family Law Section, Executive Council, 1999 to 2003
- University of Florida, B.S. Telecommunications, 1985
- Board Certified Specialist - Marital and Family Law, 2000
Last Updated: 9/13/2022