James G. Biggart, II
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Gainesville, FL
- Free Consultation
James G. Biggart II is an attorney at the law firm of Morgan & Morgan in Tallahassee, Florida. Mr. Biggart concentrates his practice on personal injury law, representing the injured and their families in cases involving car accidents, trucking accidents and more. He also represents clients in defective product cases and property damage claims.
Mr. Biggart obtained his bachelor's degree from the University of Florida and earned his law degree from the University of Louisville Louis D. Brandeis School of Law. Before joining Morgan & Morgan, he served as a lieutenant commander in the U.S. Navy Judge Advocate General's Corps and also held several legal positions throughout Florida at both private firms and government agencies.
Licensed to practice in the state of Florida since 1994, Mr. Biggart is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Middle Districts of Florida. Additionally, he is licensed to appear before the U.S. Court of Federal Claims, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces and the Supreme Court of the United States.
Mr. Biggart has been recognized on several occasions for his diligence and hard work. Florida Trend magazine named him to its list of the state's "legal elite." The respected peer review service, Martindale-Hubbell gave him its highest rating, AV Preeminent.*
Active in local and national legal organizations, Mr. Biggart is a member of the Tallahassee Bar Association, the American Bar Association, the Florida Defense Lawyers Association and the Defense Research Institute. He also belongs to the William H. Stafford American Inn of Court.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 100%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Animal Bites, Assault, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Dram Shop Laws, Brain Injury, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff
- Super Lawyers: 2008 - 2009, 2011 - 2020
About James G. Biggart, II
First Admitted: 1994, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://www.forthepeople.com/attorneys/james-g-biggart/
- University of Florida, Levin College of Law
- Oxford University, Oxford, England, 1989, 1992
- University of Florida, B.A., 1990 (Florida Blue Key Leadership Honorary)
- AV Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Selected to the Tallahassee Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates in January 2020., American Board of Trial Advocates, 2020
- Florida Legal Elite, Florida Trend Magazine; ranked in the top 2% of practicing Florida Bar Members
- Florida Super Lawyers
- The Best Lawyers in America
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- Florida State Courts
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
Last Updated: 5/15/2022