Dana M. Gallup
Top Rated Employment & Labor Attorney in Hollywood, FL
Dana M. Gallup of Gallup Auerbach is committed to representing clients throughout South Florida. He focuses his practice on handling employment law matters such as disability, gender/sex and pregnancy discrimination; Family & Medical Leave Act issues; non-compete and severance agreements; sexual harassment; wage and hour; and whistleblower and retaliation claims. Mr. Gallup also represents employers in connection with internal investigations, administrative charges, employment policies and manuals, corporate compliance and best practices, management and employee training, and severance and non-compete agreements. Mr. Gallup is also a certified mediator and arbitrator with a thriving alternative dispute resolution practice.
In 1988, Mr. Gallup earned a Bachelor of Arts in history from the University of Florida. He then graduated with honors and a Juris Doctor from the University of Florida Levin College of Law in 1992.
For more than 25 years, Mr. Gallup has been dedicated to helping companies and their employees navigate legal issues at the state and federal levels. Certified by the Florida Supreme Court as a mediator and an arbitrator, he recognizes the importance of finding a solution outside the courtroom. His extensive experience on both sides of employment law matters has given Mr. Gallup the knowledge and skills necessary to provide his clients with comprehensive representation.
In honor of his accomplishments, Mr. Gallup has received the highest rating* possible of AV Preeminent from Martindale-Hubbell, and he holds an Avvo "Superb" rating.
A published author, Mr. Gallup is active in the legal community as a member of the Dade County Bar Association, the Broward County Mar Association, the Federal Bar Association South Florida Chapter, The Florida Bar's Labor and Employment Law Section, the American Bar Association and the National Employment Lawyers Association, Florida Chapter.
*AV®, BV®, AV Preeminent® and BV Distinguished® are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general practice standards.
- 20%Employment & Labor: Employee
- 40%Employment Litigation: Plaintiff
- 20%Employment Litigation: Defense
- 10%Employee Benefits
- 10%Employment & Labor: Employer
Employment Law - Employee, Wage & Hour Laws, Whistleblower, Sexual Harassment, Labor Law, Employment Discrimination, Wrongful Termination, Retaliation
- Super Lawyers: 2009 - 2010, 2013 - 2022
About Dana M. Gallup
First Admitted: 1992, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://www.gallup-law.com/attorney/dana-m-gallup/
- Super Lawyers, 2009, 2010 and 2013 through 2021., Super Lawyers
- AV rated, Martindale Hubbell's Peer Review Rating process
- Florida Supreme Court, Certified Civil County and Circuit Court Mediator
- Florida Bar Association, Labor & Employment Law Section, Member
- Miami-Dade County Bar Association, Member
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 1992
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 1997
- Federal Bar Association, South Florida Chapter
- Broward County Bar Association, Member
- Florida Bar, 1992
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- American Bar Association
- National Employment Lawyers Association
- 17th Judicial Circuit, Arbitrator
- National Employment Lawyers Association, Florida Chapter (Florida NELA), Vice President: 2006-2007, Vice President of Programming: 2009-2010, President: 2010-2011, Immediate Past President: 2011-2012
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida
- Lawson v. Plantation Gen. Hosp., L.P., 704 F.Supp.2d 1254 (S.D.Fla.2010)
- Sun Mfg. Corp. v. Souvenir, 728 So. 2d 774 (Fla. 3d DCA 1999)
- Soto v. Genentech, Inc., 2008 WL 4621832 (S.D. Fla. 2008)
- Lussi v. Design-Build & Engineering, Inc., 2010 WL 1571158 (S.D.Fla. 2010)
- Osorio v. Medtronic, Inc, 2011 WL 1102832 (S.D. Fla. 2011)
- Kotas v. Waterman Broadcasting, 927 F.Supp. 1547 (M.D.Fla.1996)
- Ward v. Cyberguard Corp, 2007 WL 171596 (S.D. Fla. 2007)
- Saridakis v. S. Broward Hosp. Dist., 681 F. Supp. 2d 1338 (S.D. Fla. 2009)
- Paulet v. Farlie, Turner & Co., LLC, 2010 WL 2232662 (S.D. Fla. 2010)
- Nierenberg v. Heart Center of Southwest, 835 F.Supp. 1404, 1407 (M.D.Fla.1993)
- Destel v. McRoberts Protective Agency, 2004 WL 746293 (S.D.Fla.2004)
- M.B. v. Agency for Persons with Disabilities , 13 So.3d 509 (Fla. 3d DCA 2009)
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, B.A., Major: History, 1988
- Nationwide Interpreter Resource, Inc.
- Saltzman, Tanis, Pittell, Levin & Jacobson, Inc., d/b/a Pediatric Associates
- Prime 112, Prime Italian and Big Pink Restaurants
- Southeast Florida Parts, Inc. d/b/a Johnstone Supply
- Julian F. Naranjo, M.D., P.A. d/b/a Interventional Comprehensive Pain Management
- Riu Florida Beach Hotel
- Rabinovici & Associates, Inc.
- EMPLOYMENT LAW UPDATE: As the Storm Approaches... Employment Law Guidance for Businesses - https://t.co/283iVJhJw6
- Dealing with a denied long-term disability insurance claim https://t.co/tOo5Mg0Qe5 https://t.co/D1hzNkCzKq
- 3 signs of workplace sexual harassment https://t.co/yzrJQet860 https://t.co/msbClhrrD6
- How employees and independent contractors differ https://t.co/dIDqP1ha12 https://t.co/2dinOLROOZ
- Exceptions to the federal minimum wage https://t.co/1AsFJQDsuE https://t.co/VzJdiQ3Ox0
Last Updated: 8/27/2022