Mazen M. Sukkar
Top Rated Immigration Attorney in Hollywood, FL
MAZEN M. SUKKAR is the founder and principal lawyer of the AV Rated (25 years) law firm of Mazen M. Sukkar, P.A. dba "Sukkar and Associates. He is Florida Bar Certified in immigration and nationality law since 1995. He served twice on the Florida Bar Certification Review Committee.
Mr. Sukkar holds a Juris Doctor degree from Nova Southeastern University. He graduated with honors Cum Laude in 1987 and has been active in the Immigration legal community. Mr. Sukkar holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Political Sciences from Biscayne College (Honors). He is a member of The Florida Bar, the American Bar Association, and the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA). He served as president of the AILA, South Florida Chapter (1994-1995) and is a permanent member of its Board of Directors. He also served as a Board Member of the Board of Governors of AILA nationally.
Mr. Sukkar has written many articles for AILA and the Florida Bar and is a major coordinator of three of its most successful Continuing Legal Education Seminars for immigration lawyers (including this 21st Annual CLE Update). Mr. Sukkar has written articles on Citizenship and Naturalization, Marriage and Fraud Adjustment, Marriage and Fraud Amendment Act of 1986, the New H-1B.
Mr. Sukkar worked on many committees for AILA. He liaised locally and nationally with the Immigration and Naturalization Services (INS) and the Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR) extensively and successfully for the benefit of members. Most notably, he served as co-chair of the Texas Service Center AILA National Committee for two terms and as a Vice Chair of the AILA National EOIR Liaison committee.
Mr. Sukkar has been recognized as a SUPER LAWYER among attorneys in Florida (top 5 percent in State) for more than 10 years and currently has that recognition as well as Top Lawyer, most honored lawyer, etc.
Mr. Sukkar found his firm to serve clients with integrity and passion. He continues to provide the best service he can for his vast number of valued clients and all new clients.
- 90%Immigration: Consumer
- 10%Real Estate: Consumer
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2014, 2019 - 2022
Certificates and Credentials
- Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization
Immigration & Nationality
About Mazen M. Sukkar
First Admitted: 1987, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://sukkarlaw.com/about-us/
- Licensed as a Real Estate Broker in Florida since 1986
- Certified by the Florida Bar Board of Certification in Immigration and Nationality Law, 1995
- Super Lawyer, 2006 - Present
- Received many recognition awards and excellence awards from the Florida Bar, the American Immigration Association and from the Miami District Office for CIS (legacy INS), Recognition Awards, AILA, Florida Bar, CIS
- AV Preeminent Martindale-Hubbell
- Biscayne College, B.S. in Political Science, Honors: with Honors
- Major and Small U.S. Companies
- Saudi Royal Family Members
- Members of Kuwait Royal Family
- Santo Espirito Bank and other large corporate clients
- Members of Qatar Royal Family
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Recipient of Awards from the Florida Bar and AILA and recognized by CIS for excellence in liaison. AV rated by Martindale Hubble.
- 2017 will mark the 20th anniversary of being rated AV by Martindale Hubble as a Preeminent Lawyer in my field. 2017 is my 29th year of practice exclusively in the Immigration and Nationality law area, 2012
- 2015 Top Lawyers in South Florida, Miami Herald.
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- AILA National Asylum and Immigration Court Liaison Committees, 2016
- President, South Florida Chapter, American Immigration Lawyers Association, 1994 - 1995
- Member, American Bar Association
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- Member, The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU)
- Member, Board of Directors, American Immigration Lawyers Association, 1991 - Present
- Board Member of the Board of Governors, American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) Nationally
- Member, American Association for Justice
- Member, American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
- Member, Florida Bar
Pro bono/Community Service
- Co-Chair, Texas Service Center, AILA National Committee
- Immigration legal community
- Our firm has accepted many pro-bono cases before CIS, EOIR, and Federal Courts and will selectively continue to do that for either indigent clients or for issues of law that can set a precedent, 1987
- Florida Bar Certification Review Committee
- Vice Chair, AILA National EOIR Liaison committee
- AJCA Pro-Bono Project
- Coordinated three CLE Seminars for the Florida Bar, Intermediate and Advanced level, wrote articles for the Florida Bar, American Immigration Lawyers Association on various topics from business to family and Immigration courts, Lecturer and CLE Coordinator, Immigration and Nationality Law, 1989
- Most recently lectured on Litigation and I-751 petitions in Immigration Court and Federal Courts for AILA Central Florida Chapter, October 2010
- Author, Citizenship and Naturalization
- Author, Marriage and Fraud Adjustment
- Author, Marriage and Fraud Amendment Act of 1986
- Author, The New H-1B
- Author, Vehicle Seizure and Forfeiture
- Lectured on Employment Visas for Law Review CLE Nov 2010 Fort Lauderdale, 2010
- Successfully represented clients in Federal Courts in S. Florida, Central Florida and the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals and settled most cases to the benefit of the clients, 2001
- Settled many Writ cases filed in the Federal Courts with the USAO to compel adjudication of an application or benefit for clients. Most notably, we forced CIS to admit that a Research Analyst is a Professional for which an H1b visa should be issued. The Denial was reversed by CIS and the client got his H1b visa petition approved.
Last Updated: 5/15/2022