Michael A. Cassel
Top Rated Insurance Coverage Attorney in Hollywood, FL
The managing partner at Cassel & Cassel, P.A., Mr. Michael A. Cassel is an insurance coverage attorney with nearly a decade of experience. He represents commercial and residential insurance policyholders throughout Florida in property damage insurance claims and bad-faith disputes.
Aggressively fighting against insurance companies and their tactics, Mr. Cassel has obtained success in both state and federal courts. He has been appearing in all the state courts of Florida since 2012 and is also qualified to appear before the United States District Courts for the Southern, Middle, and Northern Districts of Florida.
After graduating with a Bachelor of Arts in business and music from Muhlenberg College in 2007, Mr. Cassel received his law degree from Florida International University College of Law in 2011. He is also currently enrolled at the University of Connecticut where he is seeking his LL.M. in insurance law.
For his strong legal ability and high ethical standards, Mr. Cassel holds an AV Preeminent* peer review rating from Martindale-Hubbell, the organization’s highest rating. He was listed in the South Florida Business Journal's 40 Under 40 and among the 2021 Top Lawyers in Insurance Law by Fort Lauderdale Illustrated.
Mr. Cassel contributes to the legal field through his membership in legal organizations such as the Florida Justice Association and the Florida Association of Public Insurance Adjusters. He is also a part of the Greater Hollywood Chamber of Commerce and Windstorm Insurance Network.
A motivational speaker, Mr. Cassel regularly appears as a lead presenter and delivers speeches at many organizations. He is a published author of many blog posts highlighting the nuances of newly released case law. He is also certified by the Florida Department of Financial Services as a continuing education instructor.
About Michael A. Cassel
First Admitted: 2012, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://www.cassel.law/mac.html
- Anchor v. Trif: Intent as an Element to Void Coverage based on False Statements or Material Misrepresentations - September 2021
- Hicks v. American Integrity: Ambiguities in the Constant Repeated Seepage Exclusion - February 2018
- De La Rosa v. Florida Peninsula: Overcoming the Presumption of Prejudice caused by Failure to Provide Prompt Notice - May 2018
- Tracey v. People's Trust: The Scope of Appraisal in Partially Denied Claims - July 2018
- SafePoint v. Sousa: Compliance with Post-Loss Conditions and Appraisal - April 2019
- Alvarez v. State Farm: Intentional Misrepresentations and the Voiding of Coverage - April 2019
- Bryant v. GeoVera: Confession of Judgment, Waiver of the Sworn Proof of Loss Requirement, and Ripening Bad Faith - May 2019
- State Farm v. Sanders: Public Adjusters as "Disinterested" Appraisers - August 2019
- Revisiting Alvarez v. State Farm: What does it really mean? - March 2020
- Vazquez v. Citizens & Tio v. Citizens: Replacement Cost Value, Actual Cash Value, and Matching - March 2020
- Security First v. Czelusniak: Analysis of the Anti-Concurrent Causation Doctrine - May 2020
- Mezadieu v. Safepoint: Material Misrepresentations and the Voiding of Coverage - April 2021
- 2017-2021 Rising Star - Florida Super Lawyers Magazine
- AV Preeminent Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- 2020-2021 Top Lawyer: Insurance Law - Fort Lauderdale Illustrated
- 2020 Rising Star, Young Leader Award - Greater Hollywood Chamber of Commerce
- 2020 South Florida Business Journal's 40 Under 40
- Approved Instructor – Adjuster Law, Policy, and Ethics
- A study on Sebo and its effect on Florida's Multiple Peril Loss Analysis - July 2021
- 2019 WIND Conference - Building Code Compliance in Emergencies (Lead Presenter)
- 2019 FAPIA Conference - Building Code Compliant and Ordinance & Law (Sole Presenter)
- 2020 WIND Conference - Case Law and Legislative Update (Lead Presenter)
- 2020 Florida Justice Association Civil Remedies Webinar - Civil Remedy Notices for Property Insurance (Panelist)
- 2020 FAPIA Conference - CRNs and DFS Complaints: How, When, & Why (Sole Presenter)
- 2021 WIND Conference - Case Law and Legislative Update (Lead Presenter)
- FAPIA Fall 2021 Conference - The 2021 Legislative Session & Its Effects on Property Insurance Claims (Co-Presenter with Hillary Cassel)
- Greater Hollywood Chamber of Commerce, Alumnus - Leadership Hollywood 43
- Greater Hollywood Chamber of Commerce, Member - Board of Directors, 2019 - 2021
- Florida Justice Association, Eagle Patron
- Windstorm Insurance Network, Platinum Sponsor & Member - Conference Committee
- Florida Association of Public Insurance Adjusters, Silver Sponsor
- Judicial Panel for Multidistrict Litigation
- U.S District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S District Court, Southern District of Florida
- B.A., Muhlenberg College
- Certified by the Florida Department of Financial Services as Continuing Education Instructor for Adjuster Law, Policy, and Ethics
Last Updated: 5/15/2022