Frank A. Ashton
Top Rated Medical Malpractice Attorney in Jacksonville Beach, FL
Focusing his practice exclusively on personal injury and wrongful death litigation, Frank A. Ashton is a partner at Hardesty, Tyde, Green & Ashton. Located in Jacksonville, Florida, he provides representation to clients throughout the greater metropolitan area. Admitted to practice in Florida since 1986, Mr. Ashton is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Middle and Southern Districts of Florida and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit.
Mr. Ashton's client base is comprised of people who have been harmed as a result of the negligence of other parties. The cases, which he has worked on have arisen out of incidents involving truck and other motor vehicle crashes, medical malpractice, defective products, and nursing home neglect and abuse. During his career, Mr. Ashton has been able to obtain millions of dollars on behalf of his clients through both jury awards and negotiated settlements, and this has led to his membership in the invitation-only Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. He has received other recognition from his colleagues as well for his successful track record and high degree of ethics, including an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell and a 10.0 "Superb" peer review rating through Avvo. In addition, Mr. Ashton has been selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America, and he has been named to The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100.
Mr. Ashton attended the University of California, Davis, as an undergraduate and received a Bachelor of Arts magna cum laude in 1979. He subsequently pursued his legal education at the University of Florida Levin College of Law, and he was the articles editor of the Florida Law Review before being awarded his Juris Doctor with high honors and being inducted into the Order of the Coif in 1986.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 50%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 40%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10%Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
Dental Malpractice, Medical Malpractice, Birth Injury, Informed Consent, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Dram Shop Laws, Brain Injury, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Medical Devices, Pharmaceutical
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2022
About Frank A. Ashton
First Admitted: 1986, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://myjacksonvillelawyers.com/frank-a-ashton-attorney/
- Jacksonville Trial Lawyers’ Association, President 2003, Secretary/Treasurer 2001 – 2002
- National Association of Elder Law Attorneys
- Queen’s Counsel, American College of Barristers
- Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America
- American Board of Trial Advocates, 2018
- United States Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- United States District Courts for the Southern Districts of Florida
- United States District Courts for the Middle Districts of Florida
- The Florida Bar; Florida Justice Association - Eagle Member; American Justice Association; American Bar Association; Jacksonville Bar Association
- Phi Kappa Phi
- Jacksonville Historic Preservation Commission, Chairman 2002 – 2004
- State Judicial Nominating Commission for Workers’ Compensation Judges, Member 2011 – 2019
Pro bono/Community Service
- Attorney ad Litem for Juveniles;
- AV Rated by Martindale Hubbell; Best Lawyers in America in Insurance Law, Medical Malpractice & Personal Injury - Plaintiffs, 2019; Member Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum; National Trial Lawyers Assn. - Top 100 Trial Lawyers, 2019; former President of the Jacksonville Trial Lawyers Assn.
- AVVO Rating 10
- Selected as Super Lawyer, 2019
- Jacksonville Magazine’s Top Lawyers, 2019
- University of California at Davis, B.A. Magna Cum Laude
- I have had many verdicts/settlements in excess of $1 million. Some representative cases are: $6.2 million - medical malpractice causing death; $4.5 million - injury to truck driver causing blindness in one eye; $4.5 million - medical malpractice causing brain injury; $3.0 million - nursing malpractice resulting in RSD; $2.6 million - medical malpractice resulting in brain injury and death; $2.03 million - plastic surgery malpractice in breast surgery
- Happy New Year 2022! #JaxLawyers https://t.co/bAYhma8zTv
- Merry Christmas! #JaxLawyers https://t.co/DoX7FvBQQB
- Happy Bill of Rights Day! #JaxLawyers https://t.co/w86hHohiSS
- Karl Green graduated from Florida State University College of Law with honors. He has been peer-selected annually a… https://t.co/q5Aj2QsuBF
- #JaxLawyers #InspirationalQuote https://t.co/Nk1FaLDVi4
Last Updated: 5/15/2022