Andrew Michael Bonderud
Top rated Criminal Defense attorney in Jacksonville, FloridaThe Bonderud Law Firm, P.A.
Practice Areas: Criminal Defense, Family Law, Personal Injury; view more
Licensed in Florida since: 2013
Education: Boston College Law School
Languages Spoken: English, Spanish
The Bonderud Law Firm, P.A.2130 Riverside Ave
Jacksonville, FL 32204 Visit website
The founder of The Bonderud Law Firm in Jacksonville, Florida, Andrew Michael Bonderud serves clients in the surrounding suburbs, helping them with legal matters involving criminal defense, personal injury law and family law.
Earning his bachelor’s magna cum laude from Vanderbilt University, Mr. Bonderud went on to join the U.S. Navy as a Surface Warfare Officer. He was deployed to Latin America on a narcotics mission and to the Middle East with the USS Enterprise Strike Group. After completing his service, he decided to study law at the Boston College Law School, receiving his Juris Doctor in 2012. The following year, he was admitted to practice in Florida and Tennessee. His other bar admissions include the:
· U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Middle and Southern Districts of Florida
· U.S. District Court for the Western District of Tennessee
· U.S. Bankruptcy Courts for the Northern, Middle and Southern Districts of Florida
· U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Tennessee
· U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th and 11th Circuits
Fluent in Spanish and English, Mr. Bonderud represents a diverse range of clients in complex cases ranging from dissolution of marriages to white collar crimes and felonies. During law school, he clerked in the state attorney’s office for the fourth judicial circuit and later for the Office of the Federal Public Defender in Tennessee. After graduation, he worked with Mitt Romney's legal team for his 2012 presidential campaign.
Mr. Bonderud is involved in pro bono activities such as the Jacksonville Division Civil Pro Bono Appointment Program and the Jacksonville Area Legal Aid. He also serves as a public arbitrator for the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority and the Florida Attorney General's New Motor Vehicle Arbitration Board.
Recognized by his peers and the legal community for his vast knowledge of the law and high ethical standards, Mr. Bonderud holds a 10 out of 10 rating on Avvo; he is also the recipient of their Clients’ Choice award. Furthermore, he has been peer-review rated as AV Preeminent* and won the Silver Client Champion award through Martindale-Hubbell.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasCriminal Defense, Family Law, Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Civil Litigation: Plaintiff
Alimony & Spousal Support, Animal Bites, Arrest & Arraignment, Assault, Assault & Battery, Brain Injury, Child Support, Construction Accident, Criminal Domestic Violence, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, Custody & Visitation, Debt, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Dram Shop Laws, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, Failure to Pay Child Support, False Accusations, Father's Rights, Felony, Juvenile Delinquency, Juvenile Law, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Murder, Personal Injury - Defense, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Probation, Prosecution, Same Sex Family Law, Sex Offenses, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Tax Evasion, Theft, Traffic Violations, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 30% Criminal Defense
- 30% Family Law
- 30% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10% Civil Litigation: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 2013, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://bonderudlaw.com/about
- Mr. Bonderud earned a bachelor of arts degree from Vanderbilt University, graduating with high honors., 2005
- I routinely volunteer as a pro bono attorney for the Jacksonville Area Legal Aid., 2013
- I routinely represent inmate plaintiffs pro bono in connection with their prison civil rights claims. This representation is pursuant to the Jacksonville Division Pro Bono Appointment Program., 2014
- Mr. Bonderud was invited to join the Chester Bedell Inn of Courts in 2017 for a one-year term., Chester Bedell Inn of Courts, 2017
- Peter S. Charlson v. John H. Rutherford, case no. 3:15-cv-724 (M.D. Fla., Jacksonville): The City of Jacksonville, Florida paid $85,000 to settle false arrest claims arising under Florida and federal law. Plaintiff Peter Charlson had spent six weeks in jail after being arrested for aggravated battery with a firearm., 2017
- Angela Levi v. Beseler, 3:14-cv-1520 (M.D. Fla., Jacksonville) The Clay County Sheriff's Office paid Angela Levi $40,000 to settle false arrest claims that arose under Florida and federal law. Ms. Levi had been illegally detained without cause for several hours without cause by multiple Clay County Sheriff's officers., 2016
- Joshua Angel v. Rutherford The City of Jacksonville, Florida, on behalf of the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office, paid Joshua Angel $150,000 to settle false arrest claims arising under Florida and federal law. Mr. Angel had spent 9 months in jail after being arrested for armed robbery., 2015
- State of Florida v. Joyce Ferrante Ms. Ferrante was charged with trespassing and resisting an officer without violence. I tried the case to a jury over two days, after which the jury returned a split verdict: guilty of trespassing, not guilty of resisting an officer without violence., 2018
- Sheffield v. Daly, 6:17-cv-273 (M.D. Fla., Orlando) In this wrongful death, civil rights case, the US District Court entered a default judgment against the Florida Department of Juvenile Justice after the FDJJ and its attorneys willfully and repeatedly disregarded the Court's orders and their own obligations. The case is currently pre-trial, pending an interlocutory appeal., 2018
- State of Florida v. Dale Alan Roderick I tried the case of State v. Roderick to a jury on a two-count information. Mr. Roderick was charged with Reckless driving with property damage and leaving the scene of an accident with property damage. The jury returned a verdict of not guilty on both counts., 2015
- Mr. Bonderud serves on the Criminal Justice Act (CJA) Panel of federal criminal defense attorneys for the US District Court for the Middle District of Florida, Jacksonville Division., 2018
Office location for Andrew Michael Bonderud
2130 Riverside Ave
Jacksonville, FL 32204
- Rising Stars: 2019 - 2023