Ashley M. Myers
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Jacksonville, FL
As the founder of Ashley M. Myers, P.A., Ms. Myers is committed to representing Floridians in Jacksonville and the surrounding areas. She focuses her practice on family law, handling cases that involve the following matters: divorce, divorce mediation, alimony, equitable distribution, complex property division, paternity, child support, parenting plans, relocation, prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, modification actions, domestic violence injunction and enforcement actions.
After earning a Bachelor of Science in psychology from James Madison University in 1993, Ms. Myers went on to receive a Juris Doctor from Stetson University College of Law in 1995.
Events such as divorce or a child custody battle can be stressful for everyone involved. Keeping that in mind, Ms. Myers approaches each case with compassion for her clients and a focus on achieving the best possible solution. For over two decades, she has been helping families resolve even the most complex matters. Taking the time to understand her clients' goals for the case, Ms. Myers will prioritize their best interests and work diligently toward the preferred outcome.
As a direct result of her professionalism and the successful outcomes she has obtained for her clients, Ms. Myers holds an Avvo "Superb" rating. Additionally, she is the first and only woman in Northeast Florida to become a fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers. Ms. Myers is also certified by The Florida Bar in marital and family law.
Participation in her legal and local community is important to Ms. Myers. She is a member of The Florida Bar's Family Law Section, Vice President of The Florida Family Law American Inn of Court, Chair of Subcommittee C of the Rules of Judicial Administration, a charter member of the Rotary Club of San Marco and a member of several ad hoc work groups focused on enhancing professionalism within the practice of family law.
When she is not advocating for her clients, Ms. Myers enjoys spending time outdoors with her family and friends.
- 100%Family Law
Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Same Sex Family Law
- Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2022
About Ashley M. Myers
First Admitted: 1996, Florida
Professional Webpage: http://www.ashleymyers.com/about-us
- The Jacksonville Bar Family Law Committee, Past Chair
- The Florida Bar, 2013
- Family Law Rules Committee of The Florida Bar, Past Chair
- Rules of Judicial Administration Committee of The Florida Bar, Member and past Secretary.
- James Madison University, B.S. Psychology, 1993
Pro bono/Community Service
- Ms. Myers is a Charter Member of the San Marco Rotary Club, served as past Secretary and as Director of Club Administration, 2008
- Co-Author, Custody and Visitation (Relocation Section), The Florida Bar, 2008
- Ms. Myers presented on the topic of Child Support at the Continuing Legal Education Seminar co-hosted by The Family Law Section of The Florida Bar and the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Florida Section in January 2016., Presenter, Child Support, 2016
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Ms. Myers is the only woman in Jacksonville that is a Fellow in the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, 2013
- Ms. Myers chaired the sub-committee which proposed and succeeded in getting a rule of Family Law Rule of Procedure on Parenting Coordination enacted.
- Fellow in the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, 2013
- Board Certified by the Florida Bar in Marital and Family Law, 2003
- Ms. Myers received the Best Program of the Year Award by the Florida Family Law Inn of Court for leading her pupilage group's presentation on Business Valuations during the 2015-2016 year., Best Program Award, Florida Family Law Inn of Court, 2016
Last Updated: 5/15/2022