Ashley M. Myers
Top rated family law attorney in Jacksonville, FloridaAshley M. Myers, P.A.
Practice Areas: Family law; view more
Licensed in Florida since: 1996
Education: Stetson University College of Law
Ashley M. Myers, P.A.5443 San Jose Blvd
Jacksonville, FL 32207 Visit website
As the founder of Ashley M. Myers, P.A., Ms. Myers is committed to representing Floridians in Jacksonville and the surrounding areas. She focuses her practice on family law, handling cases that involve the following matters: divorce, divorce mediation, alimony, equitable distribution, complex property division, paternity, child support, parenting plans, relocation, prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, modification actions, domestic violence injunction and enforcement actions.
After earning a Bachelor of Science in psychology from James Madison University in 1993, Ms. Myers went on to receive a Juris Doctor from Stetson University College of Law in 1995.
Events such as divorce or a child custody battle can be stressful for everyone involved. Keeping that in mind, Ms. Myers approaches each case with compassion for her clients and a focus on achieving the best possible solution. For over two decades, she has been helping families resolve even the most complex matters. Taking the time to understand her clients' goals for the case, Ms. Myers will prioritize their best interests and work diligently toward the preferred outcome.
As a direct result of her professionalism and the successful outcomes she has obtained for her clients, Ms. Myers holds an Avvo "Superb" rating. Additionally, she is the first and only woman in Northeast Florida to become a fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers. Ms. Myers is also certified by The Florida Bar in marital and family law.
Participation in her legal and local community is important to Ms. Myers. She is a member of The Florida Bar's Family Law Section, Vice President of The Florida Family Law American Inn of Court, Chair of Subcommittee C of the Rules of Judicial Administration, a charter member of the Rotary Club of San Marco and a member of several ad hoc work groups focused on enhancing professionalism within the practice of family law.
When she is not advocating for her clients, Ms. Myers enjoys spending time outdoors with her family and friends.
Practice areasFamily law
Child support, Custody & visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Same sex family law
- 100% Family law
First Admitted: 1996, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://ashleymyers.com/about-us-2/
- James Madison University, B.S. Psychology, 1993
- Ms. Myers is a Charter Member of the San Marco Rotary Club, served as past Secretary and as Director of Club Administration, 2008
- Co-Author, Custody and Visitation (Relocation Section), The Florida Bar, 2008
- I served on a committee to review and update the prior version of the Bounds of Advocacy with a stellar group of colleagues., Committee Member and Co-Author, The Bounds of Advocacy, The American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Legal, 2018
- I presented on how to deliver an effective closing argument at the Trial Advocacy Workshop., Presenter at Trial Workshop, Closing Arguments, The Family law Section of The Florida Bar, Legal, 2021
- Authored and Presented on Modification of Support awards at the annual Family law Review Course., Author and Presenter, Modification (Support Focused), The Florida Bar and American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Legal, 2018
- Authored and presented on the topic of various glitches, gaps and flaws in the context of family law., Author and Presenter, Glitches, Gaps and Flaws in the Law, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Legal, 2017
- Presented with Natalie Lemos on Finding and Proving Higher Income at the Annual Institute of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers., Co-Author and Co-Presenter, Higher Earning: Finding and Proving Income, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Legal, 2019
- Authored and presented materials at the annual Family law Review Course in Orlando on Enforcement and Contempt., Author and Presenter on Enforcement and Contempt, Enforcement and Contempt, The Florida Bar and American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Legal, 2020
- Co-Authored and Co-Presented on "UIFSA, UCCJEA and the Hague" at the Florida Family law Review Course in Orlando. , Co-Author and Co-Presenter, UIFSA, UCCJEA and the Hague, The Florida Bar and American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Legal, 2021
- Presented at the Family Law Review Course in Orlando on Child Support., Author and Presenter, Child Support, The Family Law Section of The Florida Bar and the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Legal, 2022
- Co-Presented on the new legislation passed by the Senate but pending Governor approval or veto. The Alimony bill with retroactive application and presumption of 50-50 timesharing was ultimately vetoed by Governor DeSantis., Co-Author and Co-Presenter, Alimony, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Legal, 2022
- Ms. Myers presented on the topic of Child Support at the Continuing Legal Education Seminar co-hosted by The Family Law Section of The Florida Bar and the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Florida Section in January 2016., Presenter, Child Support, 2016
- Fellow in the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, 2013
- Life Fellow of The American Bar Foundation, 2022
- Board Certified by the Florida Bar in Marital and Family Law, 2003
- I was humbled and honored to receive this award from my peers recognizing professionalism in the practice of family law., The Rudy Hernandez Professionalism Award, The Florida Family Law Inn of Court, 2017
- I was humbled to be the inaugural recipient of the Barry Sinoff Professionalism Award., The Barry Sinoff Professionalism Award, Jacksonville Lawyer Magazine, 2016
- Ms. Myers received the Best Program of the Year Award by the Florida Family Law Inn of Court for leading her pupilage group's presentation on Business Valuations during the 2015-2016 year., Best Program Award, Florida Family Law Inn of Court, 2016
- President of Florida Family Law American Inn of Court, 2021
- Immediate Past President of Florida Family Law American Inn of Court, 2022
- The Jacksonville Bar Family Law Committee, Past Chair
- The Florida Bar, 2013
- Family Law Rules Committee of The Florida Bar, Past Chair
- Rules of Judicial Administration Committee of The Florida Bar, Member and past Secretary.
- Raising two children! One is now 21 and the other is now 17. Very proud of both of them!, 2022
- Ms. Myers is the only woman in Jacksonville that is a Fellow in the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, 2013
- Ms. Myers chaired the sub-committee which proposed and succeeded in getting a rule of Family Law Rule of Procedure on Parenting Coordination enacted.
Office location for Ashley M. Myers
5443 San Jose Blvd
Jacksonville, FL 32207
- Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2023
Top ListsTop 25: Jacksonville Super Lawyers: 2019
Certificates and credentials
Marital & Family Law
These comments were made by fellow attorneys during the annual nomination process.
“Terrific rising lawyer. Influential statewide”