Charles A. Sorenson
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Jacksonville, FloridaCoker Law
Attorney Charles A. Sorenson is a partner at Coker Law in Jacksonville, Florida. Mr. Sorenson focuses his practice on personal injury law, serving plaintiffs in Jacksonville and the surrounding areas who have been injured or lost a loved one due to negligence. He has experience with matters involving automobile accidents, defective products, premises liability, traumatic brain injuries and trucking accidents.
Qualified to practice before all Florida state courts, the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida and the Supreme Court of the United States, Mr. Sorenson has over four decades of experience handling personal injury and wrongful death matters. He has earned an AV Preeminent* rating from Martindale-Hubbell and a listing in the Who’s Who Legal because of his numerous accomplishments in the legal realm.
Active in various professional organizations, Mr. Sorenson belongs to the Jacksonville Bar Association, The Florida Bar, the Southern Trial Lawyers Association, the American Bar Association, the Florida Justice Association, the National Board of Trial Advocacy and the American College of Trial Lawyers. He is a fellow of the American Bar Foundation and the American Board of Trial Advocates. Over the course of his career, he has served in several board and other leadership positions within his community.
Mr. Sorenson received a bachelor’s degree from Mercer University and earned his law degree from Mercer University School of Law. He is board-certified in civil trial practice by The Florida Bar and is a board-certified civil trial specialist by the National Board of Trial Advocacy.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
Brain Injury, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 70% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 30% Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1975, Florida
Professional Webpage: http://www.cokerlaw.com/about-us/our-attorneys/charles-soren...
- American Association for Justice
- Roscoe Pound Institute
- American College of Barristers, Senior Counsel
- Florida Justice Association, Eagle Member
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- Southern Trial Lawyers Association
- Past President, Jacksonville Trial Lawyers Association
- National Board of Trial Advocacy
- American Bar Association, Trial Lawyers Section
- The Florida Bar
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- Courts of the State of Florida
- Past President, Jacksonville Chapter, Foundation of the American Board of Trial Advocates American Board of Trial Advocacy
- Foundation of the American Board of Trial Advocates American Board of Trial Advocacy, Advocate Level
- Fellow, Foundation of the American Board of Trial Advocates American Board of Trial Advocacy
- Florida Super Lawyer, 2006-present
- Fellow, American Bar Foundation
- International Who’s Who in American Law
- AV-Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Law and Leading Attorneys of Florida
- Board Certified Civil Trial Specialist, National Board of Trial Advocacy, 1986
- Board Certified in Civil Trial Practice, The Florida Bar, 1986
- Mercer University, B.A., 1972
- Sorenson Awarded for Excellence on Several Fronts, 2013
- The 5 Biggest Do’s and Don’ts When It Comes to Hurting Your Case, 2018
- Jury Orders GEICO Insurance To Pay More Than $2.6 Million To Young Mother, 2019
- $1 Million Settlement for Navy Pilot, 2014
- Family Vindicated by Trial Verdict of More Than $800,000, 2014
- $2.2 Million Negotiated For Trucking Accident Victim, 2014
Office location for Charles A. Sorenson
136 East Bay Street
Jacksonville, FL 32202