Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Jacksonville, FloridaMorgan & Morgan
Practice Areas: Personal Injury, General Litigation; view more
Licensed in Florida since: 1992
A personal injury attorney with Morgan & Morgan, Eric S. Block represents clients in Jacksonville, Florida. His priority is helping those with brain injuries, spinal cord injuries and those involved in biking accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents and car accidents. He is fluent in both English and American Sign Language.
Mr. Block attended the University of Florida, where he graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in pre-law English in 1980. After graduation, he moved on to Nova Southeastern University Shepard Broad College of Law, where he earned his Juris Doctor in 1985. While in law school he was also a Book Award Winner, and since then, he has spent decades advocating for those who have been injured by another’s negligence. For his high ethical standards and long list of successful results, he holds the highest peer rating possible of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell.
Admitted to practice in the state of Florida, Mr. Block is also admitted to practice before the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida and the United States Court of Appeals for the 1st Circuit. Some of his most successful cases include a verdict of $5 million for a woman injured by a falling vending machine and a knee-injury verdict of $7.8 million. Mr. Block is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
Mr. Block has been a family law mediator and circuit court mediator for the Florida Supreme Court and is a founding member of the Jacksonville Justice Association. Other professional organizations he holds memberships with include the Jacksonville Trial Lawyers Association, the American Association for Justice, the Florida Justice Association and the Jacksonville Bar Association.
As owner of Big Picture Presentations, Mr. Block is also president of the North Florida Music Association and a former president of Positively Jacksonville!
* AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, General Litigation
Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff
- 50% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 50% General Litigation
First Admitted: 1992, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://www.forthepeople.com/attorneys/eric-rick-block/
- Book Award Winner, Nova University For The Study Of Law
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Member
- Florida Comedy Festival, Producer, 1995, 1996, 1997
- University of Florida, B.A., Major: Pre-law English, 1976-1980
- The Bolles School, Jacksonville, FL, President, Junior Class, 1973-1975
- Jacksonville Trial Lawyers Association, Officer, 1997, 1998, 1999
- Jacksonville Justice Association, Founding Member
- The Court of Appeals, First District
- Georgia Superior Court Pro Hac Vice, 1995
- Positively Jacksonville!, President, 1995, 1996
- Federal District Court Middle District of Florida, 1993
- North Florida Music Association, President, 1999
- Jacksonville Trial Lawyers Association, President-Elect
- Florida Bar Member, 1991
- Certified by Florida Supreme Court as Family Law Mediator, 1999
- Certified by Florida Supreme Court as Circuit Court Mediator, 1998
- Morgan & Morgan Secures $7.1 Million Verdict on Behalf of Man Injured at Orlando Home Depot: On May 25, 2017, Milton Wilson was pulling a cart into the Pro Desk area at the Home Depot store located on West Colonial Drive in Orlando, FL when the large sliding door at the entrance was closed on top of him, causing severe injuries including three herniated discs and post-traumatic arthritis in his hips. In the years following this crushing impact from the heavy steel door, Mr. Wilson required two back surgeries and had both hips replaced, and will need a fusion surgery in the future. Morgan & Morgan attorneys Alicia Smith, Rick Block, Derrick Connell, and S. Max Karrick achieved the $7.1 million verdict, which covers Mr. Wilson’s past and future medical bills and pain and suffering, after a 10-day-long trial that featured a three-day jury selection process., 2022
- Masters vs. Talbott Recovery Center
- Thomas vs. S.E.L. Maduro, 1995
Office location for Eric Block
501 Riverside Ave
Jacksonville, FL 32202
- Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2021