Eric C. Ragatz
Top Rated Medical Malpractice Attorney in Jacksonville, FL
As a partner at Edwards & Ragatz, P.A., in Jacksonville, Florida, Eric C. Ragatz focuses his practice on complex civil litigation and personal injury, including medical malpractice and products liability as well as matters involving wrongful death claims and nursing home negligence. During his more than 15 years of experience, Mr. Ragatz has arbitrated numerous products liability claims involving defective medical equipment and secured several settlements in excess of $1 million in personal injury cases before various federal courts. He serves clients throughout the state of Florida.
After earning a Bachelor of Science in finance from Florida State University in 1992, Mr. Ragatz received his Juris Doctor with honors from Stetson University College of Law in 1996. Admitted to practice law in Florida and Georgia, he is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Middle and Southern Districts of Florida.
Mr. Ragatz holds numerous prestigious memberships and, as a testament to the regard in which he is held by his peers, has been recognized by Martindale-Hubbell as a recipient of its AV-Preeminent* rating. He is an active participant in the Jacksonville Justice Association, the Chester Bedell American Inn of Court, the Florida Justice Association and the Jacksonville Bar Association. Mr. Ragatz was also instrumental in authoring several sections in the seventh edition of The Florida Bar's “Florida Civil Trial Practice,” a practitioner's guide offering practical advice to attorneys on each stage of the trial process in the state of Florida.
*AV-Preeminent and BV-Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 70%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 20%Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
- 10%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Dental Malpractice, Medical Malpractice, Birth Injury, Delayed or Incorrect Diagnosis, Medical Devices, Animal Bites, Assault, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff
- Super Lawyers: 2014 - 2022
About Eric C. Ragatz
First Admitted: 1996, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://www.edwardsragatz.com/attorney-eric-c-ragatz/
- Member, Jacksonville Bar Association
- Member, Jacksonville Trial Lawyers Association
- Georgia, 1997
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 1996
- Member, State Bar of Georgia
- Member, Chester Bedell Inn of Court
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida, 1996
- Member, The Florida Bar
- Member, Statewide Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers
- Florida, 1996
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida, 1996
- “The Florida Bar, Florida Civil Practice for Trial”, 7th Ed.
- Florida State University, B.S. in Finance, 1992
- Chandler vs. Memorial/HCA Resulting in a $228 Million Verdict., 2012
- Super Lawyer, Super Lawyers, 2014
- Cum Laude
- Phi Delta Phi
- Through 2015, A/V Preeminent Rating, Martindale-Hubbard, 2010
- Feel like that last surgery you had was not needed? You're not alone. Read more... https://t.co/ap1kIUQrq1…ne-alarm… https://t.co/LTUsiPrAJK
- Florida’s medical malpractice laws contain a certain level of circumspection. Receive a free consultation from a Ja… https://t.co/U5wPXD9T92
- OSHA Investigation Held up Workplace Injury Results. Read how below. https://t.co/50zDRxbO47…ha-investigation/… https://t.co/iJ38QRIjBa
- At Edwards & Ragatz, we care about your safety. If you or a loved one were injured as a result of a recalled Takata… https://t.co/6shrCY5Cuq
- How safe is safe when it comes to sports' helmets? https://t.co/oS9ga8mHLi…resting-lawsuits/ #EdwardsRagatz… https://t.co/XyoFFiXfh7
Last Updated: 5/15/2022