Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Jacksonville, FloridaButler Law Group
Attorney Howard Butler is the founding senior partner of the Butler Law Group, which is based in Jacksonville, Florida. Board certified as a Civil Trial Lawyer by the National Board of Trial Advocacy, Mr. Butler has more than 34 years of legal experience. He devotes his practice primarily to advocating on behalf of plaintiff injury clients throughout the greater Jacksonville metro region and surrounding areas who suffered an injury or loss as the result of someone else's negligence or wrongdoing.
A top-rated and award-winning attorney, Mr. Butler has achieved notable success fighting for the rights and entitlements of injury victims and helping them secure the full amount of compensation they deserve. Over the course of his career, he has recovered millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts for his plaintiff clients, earning his membership in the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
In further recognition for his exemplary professionalism and outstanding legal abilities, Mr. Butler holds an AV Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell, and he has earned consistent recognition from The Best Lawyers in America**. He has also received numerous other accolades from his peers along with many positive reviews and referrals from his satisfied clients.
A 1982 graduate of Stetson University, Mr. Butler obtained his Juris Doctor from Stetson College of Law in 1985. He is also a graduate of the prestigious National College of Advocacy at Harvard University sponsored by the American Association for Justice. He is admitted to practice in the District of Columbia and Florida as well as before the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit.
Highly active in his legal community, Mr. Butler is a member of the American Association for Justice, the Attorneys Information Exchange Group and the Trial Lawyers for Public Justice, and he is an EAGLE member of the Florida Justice Association, among his other professional affiliations.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
**Best Lawyers® and The Best Lawyers in America© are registered trademarks of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC. The names, logo, and database are protected under the trademark, copyright, and fair use laws of the United States of America. Any use of name, including in electronic form, must be made only by permission and under the guidelines of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Entertainment & Sports, Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
Brain Injury, Dram Shop Laws, Entertainment, Sports & Leisure Law, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Motor Vehicle Defects, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 80% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10% Entertainment & Sports
- 10% Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1985, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://www.butlerlawgroup.net/attorneys/howardbutler/
- ATLA National College of Advocacy at Harvard University
- AAJ's National College of Advocacy, Harvard University
- Stetson University, B.B.A., Major: General Business, 1982
- The Best Lawyers In America
- Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers
- AV-rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Super Lawyer (Florida)
- Who's Who and America's Registry of Outstanding Professionals
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates
- Martindale Hubbell - AV rated (Highest Possible Rating)
- Forbes Best Lawyers Tribute by Forbes Radio
- Best Lawyers In America (Personal Injury & Entertainment Law)
- Nationally Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer (National Board of Trial Advocacy)
- Member, Eagle, Florida Justice Association
- Member, Million Dollar Advocates
- Member, Trial Lawyers for Public Justice
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- Public Justice, Million Dollar Advocates
- Member, American Association for Justice
- Member, Attorneys Information Exchange Group (AIEG)
- District of Columbia, 1985
- Member, Bar Register of Pre Eminent Lawyer
- Eagle Member, Florida Justice Association
- Florida, 1985
- U.S. Court of Appeals District of Columbia Circuit
- Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer, National Board Trial Advocacy
- Products Liability
- Serious Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
Office location for Howard Butler
1506 Prudential Drive
Jacksonville, FL 32207
- Super Lawyers: 2009 - 2023