James P. Hill
Top rated Criminal Defense attorney in Jacksonville, FloridaTassone, Dreicer & Hill
Attorney James P. Hill is a partner with the Tassone Law firm in Jacksonville, Florida. Serving the rights and interests of a diverse range of clients throughout the state, Mr. Hill provides exceptional, effective advocacy and support to those who have legal needs involving any of the following:
· Criminal defense and jury trials for all types of felonies and misdemeanors in state and federal courts ranging from DUIs to Homicides.
· Personal injury
· Family law and divorce
A 2005 graduate of East Carolina University, Mr. Hill attended Florida Coastal School of Law, where he obtained his Juris Doctor in 2009. While attending law school, he also completed international dispute resolution studies at the Sapienza University of Rome in 2008. Mr. Hill received his license to practice from The Florida Bar in 2009, and he is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida.
Throughout the course of his career, Mr. Hill has achieved notable success advocating on behalf of his clients. In all cases, he works hard to help protect their constitutional rights and increase their chances of securing the favorable outcomes they expect and deserve.
Personable and responsive, Mr. Hill provides timely updates to his clients regarding the status of their cases, and he strives to put his clients' minds at ease by addressing their questions and concerns promptly while delivering the quality advice they need to make the best-informed decisions about the matters that affect their cases.
Mr. Hill is well versed in criminal jury trial practice and experienced in defending murder and sex crime cases through the jury trial process. Even recently attaining a not guilty verdict in one of the first pandemic jury trial cases in Duval County.
Recognized for his professionalism and service, Mr. Hill holds an AV Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell as well as top ratings on Avvo. He also received the Pro Bono Award from the Florida Pro Bono Coordinators Association in 2013 for his selfless contributions to those less fortunate across his region, and he has served as a pro bono attorney with Jacksonville Area Legal Aid since 2010.
Among his other professional affiliations, Mr. Hill is a member of the Jacksonville Beaches Bar Association, the Jacksonville Bar Association, the Northeast Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and the Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. He is also an associate member of the Family Law American Inn of Court.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasCriminal Defense, Family Law
- 90% Criminal Defense
- 10% Family Law
First Admitted: 2009, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://tassonelaw.com/james-hill/
- East Carolina University, Dual Degree in public relations and print journalism, 2005
- Awarded the AV Preeminent rating in 2018 for highest possible rating in both legal ability and ethical standards., AV Preeminent Rated, Martindale-Hubbell, 2018
- , Super Lawyers Rising Star, Thomson Reuters, 2019
- Not Guilty verdict in DUI case. Verdict returned in 23 minutes., 2019
- Not Guilty in a jury trial for a Domestic Battery. Verdict returned in 22 minutes., 2020
- Not Guilty in DUI jury trial. One of the first DUI trials during the pandemic and subject to significant COVID restrictions. Verdict returned in 15 minutes,, 2021
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida, 2019
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- Inns of the Court, Family Law
- The Florida Bar, Admitted 2009
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Jacksonville Bar Association
Office location for James P. Hill
1833 Atlantic Blvd.
Jacksonville, FL 32207
- Rising Stars: 2019