James R. Holland, II
Top Rated Transportation & Maritime Attorney in Jacksonville, FL
The founder of the Holland Law Firm, James R. Holland II focuses his practice exclusively on personal injury and wrongful death litigation, including railroad and maritime incidents. He is located in Jacksonville, Florida, and he accepts cases throughout the state and across the country. Mr. Holland has been certified as a specialist in civil trial law by the Board of Legal Specialization & Education of The Florida Bar.
Mr. Holland has represented scores of individuals who have incurred traumatic brain injuries and other types of harm as the direct result of the negligent acts or omissions of other parties. In addition to handling cases arising out of truck and other types of motor vehicle crashes, he has worked on claims involving medical malpractice as well as those governed by the Jones Act for maritime workers and the Federal Employers Liability Act that covers railroad employees who have been injured on the job.
Mr. Holland’s skills in presenting cases in front of juries as well as his tenacity when negotiating favorable settlement agreements with defendants and their liability insurance coverage carriers have resulted in his being able to obtain millions of dollars in compensation for his clients. His successful track record both in and out of the courtroom has not gone unnoticed by his fellow members of the bar, and they have awarded him both an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell and a 10.0 peer review rating through Avvo.
Admitted to practice in Florida, Mr. Holland is also admitted to practice in Georgia and Alabama as well as before the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida, the U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Middle, and Southern Districts of Georgia, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit. He is a graduate of The University of Alabama School of Law.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 40%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 10%Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
Railroad Accident, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Wrongful Death, Brain Injury, Trucking Accidents, Medical Malpractice, Birth Injury, Delayed or Incorrect Diagnosis, Informed Consent, Motor Vehicle Defects, Medical Devices, Pharmaceutical
- Super Lawyers: 2007 - 2022
Articles about James R. Holland, II appearing in Super Lawyers
About James R. Holland, II
First Admitted: 1994, Florida
- Florida Justice Association, Young Lawyers Board
- Super Lawyer, Florida and Alabama
- Board of Governors for Florida Justice Association
- American Association for Justice
- Happy Thanksgiving! https://t.co/yt7Rs009sv
- FRA Directive Aimed at Identifying, Correcting Tank Car Welding Defects https://t.co/jKPsZTFY9o
- Metro’s answer to train operators running red signals: brighter bulbs https://t.co/UaSd1Yctsv
- Driverless vehicles to make transportation safer! #Jacksonville https://t.co/GrIbaJZ4Z6
- Have A Safe And Happy Halloween! https://t.co/E3rmWNbZ7u
Last Updated: 5/15/2022