Katherine Schnauss Naugle
Top rated estate planning & probate attorney in Jacksonville, FloridaSchnauss Naugle Law, P.L.
The founder of The Law Office of Katherine Schnauss Naugle, P.L., based in Jacksonville, Florida, Katherine Schnauss Naugle focuses her practice primarily on estate planning, probate and guardianship, along with other aspects of elder law. Admitted to practice before all Florida state courts, she is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida. A Jacksonville native, Ms. Naugle's clients come from throughout the greater metropolitan area.
In her estate planning practice, Ms. Naugle creates documents that are designed to protect and preserve her clients' assets in accordance with their goals and wishes while at the same time minimizing the tax impacts on their heirs and beneficiaries. She regularly prepares and reviews wills, revocable trusts, advance medical directives, and financial and health care powers of attorney. In the probate area, Ms. Naugle provides representation to executors and other personal representatives, helping them navigate the process from the initial filing through the payment of the estate's creditors to the closing of the estate and the distribution of its assets. She also assists clients who have been named as guardians for people who have become incapacitated and thus incapable of handling their own affairs as well as for clients who are seeking a guardianship.
Ms. Naugle's dedication to her clients in what are often sensitive matters has earned her acclaim from her colleagues, including an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell and a 10.0 "Superb" peer review rating through Avvo. She holds both a Juris Doctor from the Stetson University College of Law and a Master of Business Administration from Stetson University's School of Business Administration, having obtained both in 2001. Active in several professional organizations, Ms. Naugle is a past president of the Jacksonville Women Lawyers Association.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasEstate planning & probate, Elder law
- 50% Estate planning & probate
- 50% Elder law
First Admitted: 2001, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://www.jaxlawteam.com/katherine-schnauss-naugle/
- United States Court, Middle District of Florida
- Member, Jacksonville Bar Association
- Member, Florida Bar Association
- Member of the Jacksonville Chapter, D.A.R.
- Past-President of the Jacksonville Women Lawyers Association
- Board Member of the Jacksonville Women Lawyers, 2007
- Stetson University School of Business Administration, M.B.A., 2001
- The Bolles School
- Emory University, Bachelor of Arts, 1998
- Katherine Naugle was named a a Florida Leader in the Law by the Florida Associaiton of Women Lawyers in 2013., FAWL Leaders in the Law, Florida Association of Women Lawyers, 2013
- Chairman of the Heritage Committee for The Woman's Club of Jacksonville in charge of grant giving, 2019
- President of The Woman's Club of Jacksonville, 2019
- Member of the Junior League of Jacksonville
- Active attorney assisting legal aid clients, 2008
Office location for Katherine Schnauss Naugle
810 Margaret St
Jacksonville, FL 32204
- Super Lawyers: 2016 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2015