Raymond P. Reid, Jr.
Top Rated Products Liability Attorney in Jacksonville, FL
Selected to Rising Stars: 2009
Age 16, started college 800 miles away from home. Speaks French and Creole; is the firm’s technology and computer guru, often lecturing nationwide.
Served as an assistant state attorney, then as an assistant general counsel before joining the firm (2002) as a partner.
AV-Rated - success includes seven and eight-figure verdicts and settlements including part of two of the firm’s highest jury awards. Experience includes complex multi-party litigation, product liability, medical malpractice trials, lasting four-six weeks at a time.
Designations include Rising Star; Super Lawyer, Best Lawyer. Inducted into the American Board of Trial Advocates and the International Society of Barristers.
About Raymond P. Reid, Jr.
First Admitted: 1995, Florida
Professional Webpage: http://www.pajcic.com/our-firm/raymond-reid/
- AV Rated by Marindale-Hubbell as early as 2005; 2009 Super Lawyer Rising Star; Super Lawyer; U.S. News 'Best Lawyer'
Pro bono/Community Service
- Board Member Florida Bar Foundation, Volunteer Instructor, Cuong Nhu Oriental Martial Arts, 1st Degree Black Belt; Committee Member, 2008 Jacksonville Journey Violence Initiative; Board Member Jacksonville Fraternal Order of Police Foundation; Co-Chair 2006 JCCI Homicide Study; Steering Committee Member, 2004 Duval County Mock Convention; Board Member, Jacksonville Ethics Commission, appointed by Mayor Delaney 2002-2004 term; Volunteer Habijax; President, Andover Place Owners' Association 2002-2003
- Florida Bar, American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), International Society of Barristers (ISOB), Independent Audit Board - 4th Judicial Circuit Conviction Integrity Unit , Florida Bar Unauthorized Practice of Law Committee, Attorneys Information Exchange Group (AIEG) Florida Justice Association (FJA), Jacksonville Bar Association (JBA) , Jacksonville Justice Association (JJA), D.W. Perkins Bar Association, Emeritus and Former Barrister - Chester Beddell Inn of Court.
- Examples include: $10.2 Million Verdict - Product Liability action (rollover/roof crush) for wrongful death of 26 year-old; (2005). $1.85 Million Settlement - Trucker that T-Boned Car. $3.5 Million Settlement for teen injured by City's negligence. $1.46 Million Verdict - Vehicle Negligence action for wrong-way driver causing a fiery crash; (2014). $17.8 Million Verdict - Negligent Security Case resulting in brain damage; (2016). $4 Million Verdict - Wrongful Death invovlging bicyclist. (2017).
- Lecturer: D.W. Perkins Bar Technology Seminar, Jacksonville FL - Using Technology from the Office to the Courtroom; Lecturer: Attorneys Information Exchange Group 2005 Spring Seminar, Miami, FL - Techonology & Trial; Lecturer: Attorneys Information Exchange Group 2005 Seminar, Memphis, TN; Lecturer: ATLA 2005 Annual Convention, Toronto, Canada - Using Technology to Manage Exhibits & Present Evidence; Lecturer: D.W. Perkins Bar Technology Seminar, Jacksonville FL; Lecturer: 2008 Florida Bar - Trial Practice and Initial Pleadings, Tampa and Miami, FL; Lecturer: Attorneys Information Exchange Group 2008 Paralegal Seminar, Jacksonville, FL - Sanction II in Trial.
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Justice Campbell Thornal Moot Court Team, 1993 & 1994 (Chairperson & Vice Chair); Moot Court Final Four Competitor, 1993; William C. Gaither Award for Outstanding Moot Court Team Member, 1994; Order of the Barristers Distinguished Advocate Award, 1994; Best Oralist and set new record, Tulane Invitational National Sports Law Competition, 1994; University of Florida College of Law Outstanding Minority Award, 1994.
Last Updated: 5/15/2022