Top rated Professional Liability attorney in Jacksonville, FloridaCoker Law
Practice Areas: Professional Liability; view more
Licensed in Florida since: 1981
Education: University of Florida Levin College of Law
Coker Law136 East Bay Street
Jacksonville, FL 32202 Visit website
Rufus Pennington is an attorney at Coker Law in Jacksonville, Florida. Mr. Pennington devotes his practice exclusively to professional liability, serving clients in Jacksonville and the surrounding areas. He is passionate about representing individuals facing often overwhelming issues and providing strength and guidance through the complex legal process.
Mr. Pennington graduated cum laude with a bachelor’s degree from Duke University. He earned his law degree from the University of Florida Levin College of Law, graduating with honors. While pursuing his legal studies, he served as editor of the Florida Law Review.
Holding a license to practice law in Florida since 1981, Mr. Pennington has more than 35 years of experience. He is also eligible to appear before the U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Middle and Southern Districts of Florida, the U.S. Court of Federal Claims, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit and the Supreme Court of the United States.
In addition, Mr. Pennington is a board-certified civil trial lawyer by The Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education. In honor of his accomplishments, Florida Trend magazine included him on their “legal elite” list. He also has been included in the publication “The Best Lawyers in America” in multiple years.
Mr. Pennington is a member of the Jacksonville Bar Association and The Florida Bar. He is a fellow in the American Board of Trial Advocates, the American College of Trial Lawyers, the International Academy of Trial Lawyers and the International Society of Barristers. He values giving back to his community and regularly engages in pro bono work.
Practice areasProfessional Liability: Plaintiff, Professional Liability: Defense
Professional Malpractice - Other
- 90% Professional Liability: Plaintiff
- 10% Professional Liability: Defense
First Admitted: 1981, Florida
Professional Webpage: http://www.cokerlaw.com/about-us/our-attorneys/rufus-penning...
- Editor, University of Florida Levin College of Law Review, 1981-1981
- Martindale Hubble A/V Rated
- Florida Super Lawyers
- Florida Trend Legal Elite
- Named to Best Lawyers in America (2019 Jacksonville Personal Injury Litigation, 2012 & 2016 Jacksonville Medical Malpractice Law Plaintiff’s Lawyer of the Year)
- Fellow, American Board of Trial Advocates
- Florida Trend Legal Elite
- Fellow, International Society of Barristers
- Fellow, International Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Florida Bar Association
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Middle and Southern Districts of Florida
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers (Florida State Chair, 2009-11; Regent, 2013-2017); Fellow, International Academy of Trial Lawyers; Fellow, International Society of Barristers; Fellow, ABOTA
- 11th Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Supreme Court
- Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer, The Florida Bar.
- Duke University (B.A. cum laude, 1978); University of Florida (J.D., with honors, 1981), Editor, University of Florida Law Review, 1980-1981.
Office location for Rufus Pennington
136 East Bay Street
Jacksonville, FL 32202
- Super Lawyers: 2006, 2008 - 2010, 2013 - 2023
Certificates and credentials
Additional sources of information about Rufus Pennington
Find me online
- Experienced #CokerLaw Trial Attorney Chelsea Harris specializes in personal and wrongful death cases resulting from… https://t.co/Gw0kYwFo3n
- Coker Law thanks all our amazing administrative professionals, especially today, on National Administrative Profess… https://t.co/RvTMee8Hlk
- Coker Law Attorney Chelsea Harris proved that a distracted driver caused the crash on the Mathews Bridge that catas… https://t.co/9VlXDNLgUI