Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Lakeland, FL
Kevin Humphries is a partner at Lopez and Humphries, P.A., located in Lakeland, Florida. An accomplished trial attorney, he focuses his practice on criminal defense, personal injury and Social Security Disability cases. He represents clients in Lakeland, Winter Haven, Bartow and Polk County, Florida.
A veteran of the U.S. Marine Corps, where he served as a platoon sergeant and an adjutant's clerk, Mr. Humphries graduated from Stetson University College of Law. While attending law school, he earned a certificate of concentration in advocacy and was active on the school's trial team. He is admitted to practice in the Florida state courts and the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida.
Prior to entering private practice, Mr. Humphries was employed as a felony prosecutor for the Office of the State Attorney for the 10th Judicial Circuit, which covers Polk, Highlands and Hardee counties. He has handled dozens of criminal trials, including relatively simple DUI cases and complex capital murder charges. He has also handled insurance defense, personal injury and other types of cases.
Mr. Humphries is a member of several professional organizations, including the Lakeland Bar Association, the Polk County Chapter of the Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, the Florida Justice Association and the Willson American Inn of Court. Mr. Humphries also serves as a judge for the Florida Association of Teen Courts, Inc.
Recognized for his legal knowledge and always eager to share it with others, Mr. Humphries has appeared on numerous local television programs and has been featured in Florida publications.
About Kevin Humphries
First Admitted: 2003
Professional Webpage: http://www.yourpolkattorneys.com/Attorneys/Kevin-Humphries.a...
- Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal with Gold Star
- Ralph Harris Ferrell Award, Stetson University College of Law, 2002
- Teen Court Judge and Member, Wilson Inns of Court
- Past Vice President and President, Polk County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Member, Lakeland Bar Association
- Dean's Assistant and Co-chair, Stetson's Social Committee
- Lieutenant Governor, Resolutions for the Law Student Division of the American Bar Association
- Stetson's Liaison to the city of Saint Petersburg
- Vice President, Student Division of the Federal Bar Association
- Member, Board of Directors Lakeland Bar Association, 2012-present
- Federal Court at the Middle District in Tampa
- President, Polk County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, 2006
- Vice President Lakeland Bar Association, 2015
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Guest Commentator for Rick Elmhurst on Bay News 9
- Featured on Orlando Sentinel
- Featured on Lakeland Ledger
- Featured on NBC
- Featured on ABC Action News
- Featured on Bay News 9
- Featured on Fox 13 News
- Florida Justice Association & Florida Association Of Criminal Defense Lawyers
Last Updated: 5/15/2022