Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Lakeland, FL
Selected to Rising Stars: 2010 - 2013
The founder of S.Moore Law PLLC, Suzette Moore divides her practice among personal injury litigation, family law, business formation and disputes, and intellectual property protection. Based in Lakeland, Florida, her clients come from throughout Polk County. Admitted to practice in Florida, Ms. Moore is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Middle and Southern Districts of Florida, and several other federal courts, including the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
In her personal injury practice, Ms. Moore provides assistance to people who have been harmed by the negligence of other parties in incidents involving motor vehicle accidents and premises liability. She has independent professionals such as accident reconstruction analysts provide testimony in order to obtain sizable settlements and jury awards on behalf of her clients. Ms. Moore's family law experience encompasses divorce and its related issues such as property division and parenting matters, and her background in mediation often helps her clients reach an accord without having to go through a protracted courtroom battle. She also regularly prepares and reviews prenuptial and post-marital agreements, and she has handled several adoption cases as well.
Ms. Moore has helped entrepreneurs who are considering the launch of a new venture. At the outset, she works with them to determine the most appropriate type of legal entity that the business should operate under, and then once it is formed, she prepares the necessary agreements, provides advice on regulatory compliance, advises them on intellectual property issues and handles any resulting litigation. Her work in all of these areas has earned Ms. Moore an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell and a "Superb" peer review rating through Avvo. A recipient of a Bachelor of Arts magna cum laude from the University of South Florida, she obtained her Juris Doctor from Stetson University College of Law in 2003.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Adoption, Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Juvenile Law, Name Change, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Same Sex Family Law, Father's Rights, Trade Secret, Non-Compete Agreements, Business Formation and Planning, Limited Liability Companies, Partnership, Sub-chapter S Corporations, Contracts, Business Organizations, Copyrights, Patents, Trademarks, Intellectual Property Law, Animal Bites, Assault, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff
- Super Lawyers: 2014 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2010 - 2013
Articles about Suzette Moore appearing in Super Lawyers
About Suzette Moore
First Admitted: 2003, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://www.smoorelaw.com/attorneys/
Pro bono/Community Service
- Board, Tampa Crossroads
- USF - Bachelor's of Arts, Magna Cum Laude, 2000
- Patent Bar, 2003
- Summary from Amazon.com: "In IP Law For Businesses: Protecting Yourself & Your Company, ExecSense covers everything a CEO needs to know about Evaluating Patents and using them to protect your company's Business Model, Preventing and Resolving Intellectual Property Disputes as well as Managin IP in Technology Companies. Update your knowledge on the basics of IP in Bankruptcy and other distressed situation, IP in the US Internation Trade Commission, Gaining a Competative Advantage, and Trademarks.", Co-Author, P Law For Businesses: Protecting Yourself & Your Company, 2013
- Lakeland Kiwanis, 2018
- Past Chair, 13F Grievance Committee of the Florida Bar
- Florida Justice Association, 2018
- Tampa Bay Trial Lawyers Association, 2018
- Ferguson-White Inns of Court Lakeland Kiwanis Tampa Bay Trial Lawyers Association Florida Justice Association, 2015
- Profile in Super Lawyers Magazine, Super Lawyers, https://digital.superlawyers.com/superlawyers/flslrs19/MobilePagedArticle.action?articleId=1494801#articleId1494801, 2019
- Super Lawyers for Intellectual Property Litigation
- Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America
- Top Up and Coming Attorneys, Florida Trend Legal Elite, 2008
- 2014 Outstanding Alumna, University of South Florida’s Chemistry Department
- Top Lawyer, Florida Super Lawyers
- Selected as one of the Top 40 Under 40 by Gulf Coast Business Review, Top 40 Under 40, Gulf Coast Business Review, 2009
Last Updated: 5/15/2022